Unboxing and setup of Moscow plus

Presplan

Hi all. I’m new to the forum and appreciate all the reviews. Just ordered a Moscow plus and just curious about unboxing and setup experience. Watched NCM unboxing video and looks doable for a novice like myself. The video doesn’t mention lubing/greasing of chain, crank and other parts. Is that something that is needed to be done before riding? I don’t have any experience doing that myself and not sure what to do. Also, what are some issues that I should be looking for after the bike is assembled? I saw a youtube video of someone saying the rear tire came off on the first ride as the rear tire bolts weren’t tightened enough, or came lose during transit. Someone else mentioned the fork was on backwards and he didn’t notice it until riding. Another person said the screws on the brake rotor were lose and the brake came undone. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi, the You Tube videos will be helpful and the owners manual will also have instructions to help you. Fitting the Handle bars, front wheel, saddle and pedals are all fairly straight forward. I would get yourself a basic tool kit, allen keys ,spanners, ect.
Check over the tightness of all the other nuts and bolts before you ride it.
There are lots of chain lube brands out there, an all in one type would be a good start. Give the rear cog and chain a light spray when you get the bike and periodically from then on.
Set the Tyres to your desired pressure, the manual will give guidance.

Hi, just assembled my Moscow plus Friday from Leon Cycle. Piece of cake. Tools actually came in the kit and the instructions were straight forward. Was a bit worried about the Hydraulic brake insert on the front wheel, but it was easy. Don't pull on the brake lever before the front wheel is installed though. I had to align the rear derailer a couple of times to get shifting correct, YouTube has good videos on that. Purchased a Hafny left hand mirror, looks and works great. Overall I'm quite satisfied with the delivery, set up and the bike looks great. It's a 29", I'm 6'3" and this thing is huge!

Just finished assembling my Moscow Plus. The box was beat up in shipping and the pedals fell out somewhere along the line. Spoke to support staff at Leon Cycle and they were very helpful - sent me out a new pair 2nd day air. Lubed and greased everything that I was supposed to and off I went. Noticed right away both tires aren‘t trued up, the deraileurs need fine tuning and the front brake rotor squeals a little bit (just needs an adjustment). Leon Cycle told me to take it to a bike shop for adjustment and they would foot the bill. So far I’m very impressed with the bike and customer service. I got the 27 1/2 by the way and not the 29. I’m 6’2” with an inseam of 32”, which is on the cusp of either size bike. I‘m glad I got the 27 1/2 as I have 2 inches off the bar when I stand and feel very comfortable. The 29 would have been to big for me.

Back