Ultra Eagle

Any one ordered this bike yet or know anything about it? Is that huge battery stable just mounted to the frame tube like that or might a lateral fall knock it loose or make it wobble?

For the price I think there are better options out there. One example is Frey EX with dual battery (48V 28Ah), full suspension, better fork, brakes, and a better looking bike for the similar price.
Frey Ex
$3760 + $786 shipping + No tax = $4546
Bitrix Ultra Eagle
$3999 + 7.75% Sales Tax (in my area) = $3999 + $310 = $4309

1592714652433.png

Better fork? They are basically the same tier forks actually (motion control dampers). Yari is long travel trail, Recon is cross-country.

Same brakes on both bikes... Biktrix gives you a couple options.

Frey uses a cheap NECO headset, the Ultra Eagle uses actual Cane Creek.

52V high capacity pack on the Eagle is IMO preferable... The whole 28Ah on the Frey puts the bike weight at well over 80 pounds, which is hella chonk.

Frey has 11-speed XT shimano, Eagle has SRAM GX 12-speed... No contest here, SRAM for the win.

If I were shopping between the two bikes I'd pick the Eagle hands down, it's a more refined and nimble ride, from inventory already in North America.

Better fork? They are basically the same tier forks actually (motion control dampers). Yari is long travel trail, Recon is cross-country.
  • Yari is a few tiers up from Recon which is part of their affordable value line, thus the more than double the price difference
  • Frey will also give you change out brakes to what the customer wants...I think you're reaching
  • Frey will replace the headset at customer request - there's really only $20 difference retail...Again I think you're reaching.
52V high capacity pack on the Eagle is IMO preferable... The whole 28Ah on the Frey puts the bike weight at well over 80 pounds, which is hella chonk.
  • I agree 52V may be preferable, and Frey will offer the 52V at request, but offers 48V as a precautionary measure for the longevity of the motor and drivetrain
  • You have the option to ride only with the integrated battery. Eagle doesn't.
Frey has 11-speed XT shimano, Eagle has SRAM GX 12-speed... No contest here, SRAM for the win.
  • Frey can also be offered with SRAM
But you forgot one main difference - Frey EX is a Full Suspension eMTB, Eagle is a Hard Tail.

If I were shopping between the two bikes I'd pick the Eagle hands down, it's a more refined and nimble ride, from inventory already in North America.
  • If I were a Bitrix employee like yourself, I too may with the employee discount. šŸ˜‚
Bitrix Showroom Address
  • Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
  • Canada
Deafcat's Location
  • Canada
Coincidence? šŸ¤” I think not...šŸ¤Ŗ
[/QUOTE]

Another better alternative to Ultra Eagle is Luna X1 - $3499 carbon frame full suspension
  • Rockshox Debonair Yari 160mm
  • Rockshox Monarch 200mm in Rear
  • Sram SX Eagle 12 speed cassette (standard PG driver, not the XD from SRAM)
  • Sram Guide 4 piston hydraulic brakes 203mm front 180mm back (6 bolts rotors)
  • Maxxis Minion 27.5ā€x2.8" tires
  • Double wall alloy 40mm 27.5" rims
  • Dropper seat-post with internal routing
  • All cables throughout the bike are internally run
  • Thru-axle hubs in both front and rear 15x110 Boost front, 12x148 Boost rear (Length 180mm, 1.75 pitch)

Pretty sure Deafcat is not an employee, just a satisfied Biktrix customer. Keep in mind this is posted in the Biktrix forum. If we were comparing the Biktrix EX to Frey Eagle some of the commentary would no doubt be flipped. šŸ˜…

Pretty sure Deafcat is not an employee, just a satisfied Biktrix customer. Keep in mind this is posted in the Biktrix forum. If we were comparing the Biktrix EX to Frey Eagle some of the commentary would no doubt be flipped. šŸ˜…
Yeah, but his claims are so off the mark, I couldnā€™t keep quiet. Yari is same tier as Recon?!...come on....šŸ™„

• Yari is a few tiers up from Recon which is part of their affordable value line, thus the more than double the price difference
  • Frey will also give you change out brakes to what the customer wants...I think you're reaching
  • Frey will replace the headset at customer request - there's really only $20 difference retail...Again I think you're reaching.
  • I agree 52V may be preferable, and Frey will offer the 52V at request, but offers 48V as a precautionary measure for the longevity of the motor and drivetrain
  • You have the option to ride only with the integrated battery. Eagle doesn't.
  • Frey can also be offered with SRAM
But you forgot one main difference - Frey EX is a Full Suspension eMTB, Eagle is a Hard Tail.

• If I were a Bitrix employee like yourself, I too may with the employee discount. šŸ˜‚
Bitrix Showroom Address
  • Canada
Deafcat's Location
  • Canada
Coincidence? šŸ¤” I think not...šŸ¤Ŗ

Another better alternative to Ultra Eagle is Luna X1 - $3499 carbon frame full suspension
  • Rockshox Debonair Yari 160mm
  • Rockshox Monarch 200mm in Rear
  • Sram SX Eagle 12 speed cassette (standard PG driver, not the XD from SRAM)
  • Sram Guide 4 piston hydraulic brakes 203mm front 180mm back (6 bolts rotors)
  • Maxxis Minion 27.5ā€x2.8" tires
  • Double wall alloy 40mm 27.5" rims
  • Dropper seat-post with internal routing
  • All cables throughout the bike are internally run
  • Thru-axle hubs in both front and rear 15x110 Boost front, 12x148 Boost rear (Length 180mm, 1.75 pitch)

Do either of these bikes have frames built in US/Canada?

For the price I think there are better options out there. One example is Frey EX with dual battery (48V 28Ah), full suspension, better fork, brakes, and a better looking bike for the similar price.
Frey Ex
Bitrix Ultra Eagle

View attachment 56237

We don't charge sales tax in the US. So the price is actually $3999 landed. Makes it about 14% cheaper. Also, the bikes are shipped in 2 weeks after the order comes through. Not sure what it is with Frey.

So you pay lesser, get a bike that's mostly made in the US, built in Canada, shipped faster, warranty support from North America. Not sure what you're trying to prove.

We don't charge sales tax in the US. So the price is actually $3999 landed. Makes it about 14% cheaper. Also, the bikes are shipped in 2 weeks after the order comes through. Not sure what it is with Frey.

hey roshan ,my order didnā€™t go through. Iā€™m buying the one off eagle. Iā€™ll have to resubmitlater when I get off work.I got flagged by CC for fraud. Gotta correct it.

Same tier fork from an internals perspective. Yari RC is the more expensive, heavier fork for sure, 180mm travel is massive.

Me, I'd choose the lighter fork every time, and the hard-tail bike every time, so I am a bit biased! No need for full-suspension in my cycling life to be honest... I've been commuting by bike for nearly 10 years and generally avoid the hardcore mountain stuff nowadays.

I've lived in Saskatoon for 5 years (Vancouver before that), I knew about Biktrix before I even got here and it was Roshan and his awesome company who finally convinced me to buy an ebike instead of acoustic alternatives. Their bikes are kickass and I've always been a big fan of locally owned.

Not looking to downplay the value of Frey, but they remain entirely Chinese-based and primarily focused on much heavier, squishier bike designs... Which have nothing to do with the Ultra Eagle IMO, so the comparison doesn't make a lot of sense, even from a value perspective... Since Biktrix is known for great support and actually physically based in their respective market. I grew up in BC and always preferred my local brands, still using Race Face and Chromag to this day, would totally consider a Rocky Mountain ebike, or a Knolly if they weren't crazed purists... Seeing a limited-run-of-50 bike like the Eagle come from what started as Canadian prairie small-town startup seven years ago, is a great thing to behold, and having ridden the bike and compared it to my own standards, it really honestly is an excellent value. If my ride were stolen next week I'd have an order in for one of these within 10 minutes šŸ˜‚

hey roshan ,my order didnā€™t go through. Iā€™m buying the one off eagle. Iā€™ll have to resubmitlater when I get off work.I got flagged by CC for fraud. Gotta correct it.

Yeah, just phone the number at the back of your card. Since we're out in Canada and it's a relatively large purchase, credit card companies flag them sometimes. Nothing a phone call to them won't fix.

Thanks for your business! You'll love the bike.

Frey Ex
Bitrix Ultra Eagle

View attachment 56237
I have even looking at the CC . How well is the throttle and PAS on the frey/ultra

I have even looking at the CC . How well is the throttle and PAS on the frey/ultra
Biktrix doesn't charge tax for US sales.
Also the Eagle frame is built in California. So it depends on what you're after.

You're also comparing wrong bikes. If you were just after battery and range with Ultra motor, check this out:
52V 39Ah battery ebike starting at $2099 (albeit for a hub motor bike), $2299 for a bbs02 and goes up from there.

Back