Ultimate Electric Bike - long range, high power, all terrain all weather bike, no registration...

NoobForBikes

Region
Europe
BUDGET: 15 000 Euros (around 17 000 USD)
THE AIM: Build a highly reliable, long range, high power, all terrain, all weather bike....

Hello, I have a question:
1. Can you build a bike that is 10 000 watts?
2. Can you reduce power down to 1000 Watts for light cruising speeds on the road so it is still legal
3. Has storage for many battery packs on the back so it can go very long distances.
4. Instead of 5 or 10 battery packs, can you build 1 big battery pack?
6. Could such a bike pull a trailer?
7. Can you make that bike drive on its own without peddling at all?
8. How many miles could it do without any peddling and just using its own power?
9. How big of a trailer could it pull legally I mean the volume, are there some limitations? Or can you just pull a huge bike...
10. Could that trailer be long and have a bunch of solar panels on it and provide let's say 500W of power on a sunny day or somewhat higher to make it easier to ride?
11. Could somehow the rear tire be modified be turned into a track, sort of like a ski jet?
12. Could the trailer be quipped with a gasoline motor sort of like an ATV to provide extra boost in off-road environment or snowy terrain? (this is extremely practical and would not be used on the road at all, so the bike is still legal?!)

I am asking this because I have saved some money and I want to go around the world with a bike and a small trailer where I would store a tent and food and other important things like clothes and some food.
THE AIM: Build a highly reliable, long range, high power, all terrain, all weather bike.... Not an electric motorcycle so (one can still pedal it and it is legal without registration)

Please share your thoughts and enumerate answers so that we know about which part (aspect) of the idea you are referring to. I am sure there are many people out there who would want a bike that can go anywhere as far as they want under any conditions.

Attachments

• bike rider 1.png
    bike rider 1.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 270
Also one possibility would be to have a lightweight ATV instead of a trailer attached to it so once you have to get off the road, you just switch to it...

at the number 6 I meant the trailer in the photo...

What I meant by attaching the ATV to the e-bike was literally attaching it without a trailer and just putting your stuff onto the ATV. Problem: ATVs tires are very hard to tow and pull and have a lot of friction on the road. It would be much better if thin wheels would be welded onto the ATV and be used only on a road for using the ATV as a trailer.

ATVs can be quite heavy but I would pick something very lightweight I guess, An ATV 2019 Yamaha Raptor 700 is below 200 kilograms with gas in it. Quite heavy to pull. I don't know if I would be able to even pull something like that

2018 Honda TRX250X for example is 170 kilograms.

Problem is you'd have to wear the gasoline for that honda, it would be much better if the ATV was electric as well and just share the battery packs between the two.

One possible solution to power an ATV and your bike with solar would be making a 1 or 2 days break and using 12 of these. Each can give up to 200W.
They can be easily folded and packed

Attachments

• solar panels 12.png
    solar panels 12.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 200
when enough money anything is possible. practical is a whole different story.

I think your expectations need to be revised. High power and legal without registration are two opposing points against you. Even @ 1000w you would be non compliant pretty much globally much less 10,000.

I think your expectations need to be revised. High power and legal without registration are two opposing points against you. Even @ 1000w you would be non compliant pretty much globally much less 10,000.
so how can a police officer know just how much power am I packing in my motor? I mean what do they do... How can they test it? It is a custom build, what are they gonna do?

I want my :58 seconds back.
Who do I see to get a refund?
If you don't like my idea, okay then please tell me which part you don't like...
If you refuse to engage in a conversation, then please leave... This is a forum and I am serious about building this thing.

That trailer I got for just 90 Euros... I have 14910 Euros ready to go into this project. I am so excited about building this thing. So please be kind

The idea is simple:

1. have a bike that you can ride anywhere
2. It should have no running costs
3. No legal limitations (I know powering a bike with a lot of power is not allowed I guess. But how could they know anyway?!, most cops just pull you over and ask for your documents and stuff). If they really won't let you go then register it as a moped!? MAybe.... but the reason why I don't want a real moped is because I want to peddle it and go without power as much as I can and then when I am tired just turn it no and cruise my way through Siberia

1638931749648.png

Another option:

Reduce the bike power down to 750 so it is always road legal and use peddling.
If you are a professional cyclist you can add 250w of your own power to the 750 W provided by your engine.

That is around 1000W of power and I think it can easily tow a trailer like this one I bought.

However>>> on the trailer, insert two powerful engines and track suitable wheels to make it able to go offroad and once you're off the road you can turn on the trailer and use it

I need something capable of doing thousands of miles at extremely low costs and can take you far far away... If this would be used over night and then charged during the day, one could go thousands and thousands of miles.

I will build two like these and I don't think I need more than 15k. I will do it so me and my fiance can go around the world. She likes the idea but for her the main problem is having to do a lot of physical work. So having a whole lot of battery packs will do the trick

so how can a police officer know just how much power am I packing in my motor? I mean what do they do... How can they test it? It is a custom build, what are they gonna do?
I am not trying to be rude, just realistic for your sake. I have followed ebike forums for years and seen projects such as you suggest go undone more than completed. Especially on the Endless Sphere forum for electric bikes.

My first question is if you have ever ridden an eBike before of any sort? If not I would suggest doing so with as many as you can to help better understand the concept?

Reading here that you plan on just turning things off and pedal your way forward is at the overall mass/weight you are considering going to be impossible unless you are constantly going downhill and I don't think Siberia is flat?

I am fully behind your adventurous nature but at the same time want to see you complete your dream and not waste your money. Lot's of tales online of others that have done similar trips around the globe and what they did it with and how.

I am not trying to be rude, just realistic for your sake. I have followed ebike forums for years and seen projects such as you suggest go undone more than completed. Especially on the Endless Sphere forum for electric bikes.

My first question is if you have ever ridden an eBike before of any sort? If not I would suggest doing so with as many as you can to help better understand the concept?

Reading here that you plan on just turning things off and pedal your way forward is at the overall mass/weight you are considering going to be impossible unless you are constantly going downhill and I don't think Siberia is flat?

I am fully behind your adventurous nature but at the same time want to see you complete your dream and not waste your money. Lot's of tales online of others that have done similar trips around the globe and what they did it with and how.
First of all your comment is not rude at all. I need more questions like this actually

I have loaded this trailer with around 100 kilograms and I have to be honest, on flat surfaces I had no issues. Uphill> almost impossible. I got off the bike and just walked with it.

Thank you for your comment... I have never had an ebike and yes I am a complete noob in this area.
But having a lot of battery packs can get me going far.

I only wonder however if 1000W of power could pull let's say 100 kg trailer uphill. If not then this entire idea is flawed and one would need much more power.
Thank you for taking my idea seriously and writing your opinion. I am really not rolling, I am up for adventures.

Reactions: JRA
Back