UGGGHHH too much info help

bauer3

Have been riding for 25+ years. Road and mountain. After renting my first ebike in Portland Oregon 2 weeks ago I am hooked. After tons of research, I am so overwhelmed with info I am ready to scrap the idea and keep riding my Pinarello Paris. I am very close to A Juiced ccx. I rode the specialized Vado 2.0 but felt like it was causing "drag" at higher speeds. I think the bafang rear hub is where I am heading. Want to commute to work 40 miles RT. Roads in Vegas are pretty smooth. The main concern is the heat here in summer 105+. There are soooo many bike choices and it seems like if I wait a year they will be better and cheaper. Any advice is appreciated. Like I said. Class3 is what I want. Juiced ccx and the surface shred 604 are in my buy list. Want to stay at or under 2500 bucks. The shred is the only bike I can find with decent shifters and rear derailleur. Sram x5. I am a 200lb guy who rides 150+ miles a week.

thanks
gary

The Vado causing drag is because it is limited to 20mph and may even reduce at 19. What you felt was the assist falling off. Choosing an eBike isn't any different than any electronic device. No eBike is absolutely perfect for anyone. Looks like several shops in Las Vegas and Henderson. Ride as many as you can, then take your best shot. When you get an eBike, take the battery indoors with you. Direct sunlight on 105+ days is really hard on them. Check out this section of the forum; Discussion by Brand & User Reviews

Last edited:
The Vado causing drag is because it is limited to 20mph and may even reduce at 19. What you felt was the assist falling off. Choosing an eBike isn't any different than any electronic device. No eBike is absolutely perfect for anyone. Looks like several shops in Las Vegas and Henderson. Ride as many as you can, then take your best shot. When you get an eBike, take the battery indoors with you. Direct sunlight on 105+ days is really hard on them. Check out this section of the forum; Discussion by Brand & User Reviews
Thanks for the info. Lots to think about before buying

Do lots of test rides, and ask questions like you are doing. Hub drives are great commuters! It definitely feels like resistance when not getting assist—it’s like taking your foot off the accelerator of a car. We just aren’t used to that sensation when cycling.

Welcome!!

Back