Tweaking the Settings

txhood

The Yukon uses the same 750 w Bafang motor as other bike manufacturers. However, in reviews for several other bikes, I read that the settings can be changed to increase the speed from 20mph to 28mph. Does the Yukon have this same capability?

I did it on mine. All Bafang 750 hub drives are not the same, watch Boltons video on the topic. And the speed limitation has nothing to do with the motor but rather the controller, display, and computer programming.

Last edited:
I did it on mine. All Bafang 750 hub drives are not the same, watch Boltons video on the topic. And the speed limitation has nothing to do with the motor but rather the controller, display, and computer programming.
Of course the motor can be a limiting factor for speed. Only the display has no direct weffect, unlikes it’s a more complex kit like the CA3,

My question is specifically about the Volt Yukon being able to change the settings. I have seen reviews demonstrating this on Rad bikes but have not found any for this bike.

I have a Voltbike Yukon and I can change my settings, I run mine at 99 kph but it obviously it won't go that fast. I can change the current to the motor as well but of course thats limited to the max the controller will put out which on the Yukon is 20 amps, it comes set to 15 which is the default. If you go back and look at the postings in this Voltbike section of EBR there's lots of info about this. Hope this helps.

The true max current on the 2018 is 25 amps max, so run at about 20 would be a good number. The problem with all of this is the software is locked at 15 max no matter what you set it at on the display. You can look at some of my other post. If a cable is connected looks like it will remove the limit but nobody has tried or shared that I know of.

Maybe all the questions to George he made a change. It would of been easy to change max to a higher number in the factory. With a fresh battery I see around 850 watts max on display. You are seeing 20 amps x 54v or 1080 watts? Lucky.

No, I'm running 48 volts and I'm not using the stock display. There are Bafang ( not made by Bafang ) displays that override the controller programming, the C961 and C963 for example although they aren't my favourite displays and not one that I use, they came with the early BBS02 kits and are still available. I'm not a power freak at all, with my Yukon I just kept cranking up the amps until I was seeing a true 750 watts going up a grade that required maximin PAS, remember I'm 80, it would be different for a kid like you. I think I'm set at 17 amps now, although on my BBSHD ride it's cranked up to 1500 W. I also have an Eprodigy with a proprietary mid drive that's fully adjustable for speed and power. Nice to have all the options.

I'm using a C965 on my Yukon now the one with the watts and temperature, as with all Bafang displays there's a bunch of versions. I think the first display Bafang actually makes is the DP C14 which is a nice colour display but with no control. Previously all their displays were manufactured by another party and had control over speed and power as long as you aren't using rebranded ones like Bafang or Radbike which come with different programming, I always use displays made by the original manufacturer with no label and come without restrictions, they are usually available at places like Alababa. Sorry for the long post.
Hey Feliz! I'm confused by your comment "displays that override the controller programming". I've have one of every display sold. And still, have 5 versions in my shop. What controller settings are you referring to? I still like the 963 simplicity best. Now the EggRider is another story. It leaves ALL the Bafang displays in the dust!

Bafang has never made any display. They may have contracted like we do to have our name on the display. Running your BBSHD at 17A will make for a very long and happy motor life! I found it more than adequate speed wise at 18A. Faster than 99% of bicycle brakes are capable of maintaining a safe braking distance.

Thanks! Tom

Bafang manufacture the DP C14 and 15 displays. I said my Yukon is running at 17 watts not my Bafang mid drives. Will you kindly stop responding to my posts I was respong to another poster not you. I'm actually leaving this forum due to you , you've spoiled it for me. Your just way to irritating following me around the forum and responding to my posts. Nothing about your above posting makes sense,I hope you deal with your issues. Have you any idea how many people you aggravate? Please don't follow me to another forum.
Hey Feliz! I'm confused by your comment "displays that override the controller programming". I've have one of every display sold. And still, have 5 versions in my shop. What controller settings are you referring to? I still like the 963 simplicity best. Now the EggRider is another story. It leaves ALL the Bafang displays in the dust!

Thanks! Tom
I’m sorry that you found facts irritating. Bafang has never manufactured a display. PERIOD. Bafang doesn’t even manufacture directly all the parts in their motors. If facts are frustrating...I’m sorry. There’s no reason to let posts that are just plain wrong stand. Not an opinion, rather facts. Unless you use a Grin controller or a eggRider, no display rewrites overwrites or corrects the base programming. I’m not following you. You post opinions on motors I use and support. It’s OK. I’m often wrong. It’s OK to be wrong. But when delivering advise and purported facts on forums, it incumbent on the author to be factual.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am looking for kind of the same info.
My current Lishui controller on my Voltbike yukon seems to have a hardcoded AMP limit set. (Max current on the label is 20A)
The maximum wattage I've seen so far is around 810W so almost 17A. I have the current limit set to 20A via the display settings.
Will the eggrider allow me to actually set this to 20A and enable it properly?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am looking for kind of the same info.
My current Lishui controller on my Voltbike yukon seems to have a hardcoded AMP limit set. (Max current on the label is 20A)
The maximum wattage I've seen so far is around 810W so almost 17A. I have the current limit set to 20A via the display settings.
Will the eggrider allow me to actually set this to 20A and enable it properly?

I know the eggrider lets you set the max current.. But so does my current display also. Except it seems to be hardcoded into the controller, but can be overridden with some special software and programing cable. I'm wondering is the eggrider will do this properly or if I still need to find the programing cable and software..

I know the eggrider lets you set the max current.. But so does my current display also. Except it seems to be hardcoded into the controller, but can be overridden with some special software and programing cable. I'm wondering is the eggrider will do this properly or if I still need to find the programing cable and software..
Go to the manual or contact them on Facebook. I dm

How to get 1000 watts from your Volt Bike Yukon 750. I've been searching online how to unlock
a 2020 Voltbike yukon for six months. I found a recent video that really helped. Setting it to 19 amps gives you a true 1000 watts power (999)Setting it to 20-30 anps does nothing, it goes back to 15 amps. I own the Canadian model. Here is the link
.. This increases the performance at every level. Hills that required 1st gear can now work in 3rd or 4th gear. Throttle power is also very impressive. Once you have set the controller to 19, click the button until you see the P at the bottom of screen. Now as you drive away you will see the bike is unlocked as it goes to to 999 watts right on the screen. The YouTube video is only about a week old. Try it and post your results 😁

Back