Turbo Levo May 2020 error codes and spontaneous motor shutoffs

ACWII

Greeting from the mountains of Colorado where we had 8" of snow overnight and it will be a while before the trails are open.

I have a 2020 Tubo Levo purchased in May 2020. It has been having spontaneous motor shut-offs when riding since July as well as error codes when riding or at startup. The motor was replaced (with new version) in Aug 2020 after ~500 mi. and things went well for a week, only to have the error codes and shutoffs while riding occur again. These events have happened when riding on smooth pavement and on singletrack, at the beginning of a ride, at the end of a ride, and when simply turning on the TCU prior to the ride. The bike went back to the shop in October for 10 days and they could find nothing wrong and said they rode it without any error codes or shutoffs.
Here are two videos of error codes at the initial startup after full overnight charge.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KTT62h7Rrzu3F1dF8

In looking online I have found two suggestions: one is that the battery to motor cable has a kink can be remedied by a new modified version of the cable. I am awaiting a new cable at the shop.

Others have suggested using an electrical contact spray on the battery terminal and cable connector. This may have helped, but since the error codes are sporadic and unpredictable I am not certain that this actually made a difference.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the site.
Reason I installed my kit myself, with industrial grade crimp terminals from 3M, panduit, ideal, T&B, TE connectivity (AMP). Went through this with a car, burning out Radio Shack crimp terminals at 30 amps on the ignition circuit. Tow charge on a car. Use a klein or ideal crimp tool, not that import ****. One kit had .157" bullet terminals, another needed spades clamped under screws. I've got about 6000 miles and 2 3/4 years since I bought a luna battery that worked (and sun e-bike and btrbattery ones that didn't).
Of course you can't modify your bike without voiding the warrenty. Which doesn't seem to be helping you much.

Others have suggested using an electrical contact spray on the battery terminal and cable connector. This may have helped, but since the error codes are sporadic and unpredictable I am not certain that this actually made a difference.
It helped in case of my Vado.

There are many, many threads about Levo problems, some cable related since beside motors dying it's the most common problem. I didn't bother searching them, you can search for the posts made by Specialized Rider Care as well.

I have had three of these Levos. They have A LOT of issues. I'm on my second batt and third motor. The power cable had a new upgrade as did the Brose motor. Believe it or not, small/micro fine debris can get in there and cause this. Use electric contact cleaner and air at 175psi.

I have had three of these Levos. They have A LOT of issues. I'm on my second batt and third motor. The power cable had a new upgrade as did the Brose motor. Believe it or not, small/micro fine debris can get in there and cause this. Use electric contact cleaner and air at 175psi.
I have the new motor (August '20) and I am awaiting a new cable. I have been using contact cleaner and a dry toothbrush to clean the terminal areas.

ik heb in juni 2020 een Specialized Vado 6.0 speed gekocht (5000 €)
. Er zit al een 2de nieuwe motor in. (1700 km mee gereden). Ik krijg motorfouten en ik kan niet meer verder fietsen.Ik denk dat er iets serieus mis is met de motoren van die fietsen. Zeer slechte reclame, niemand zal zich nog zo een fiets aanschaffen.

Really? I own a EUR 2017 Vado 5.0 (the same S-Pedelec as your Vado 6.0) and experience no motor issues. How are your warranty claims handled by Specialized?
We have three of these SWorks Turbo Levo bikes. Each bike has had at least two batteries and three motors replaced. The Kenevos are just as bad. The shop we deal with is amazing. Specialized doing there own motor next year but scary on a gen 1.

Echt, echt? Ik heb een Vado 5.0 uit 2017 (de S-Pedelec als uw Vado 6.0) en ervaar geen motorische problemen. Hoe worden uw garantiedaar SpecializedDag Stefan, mailtje
Ik heb een mailtje gestuurd naar Specialized maar ze hebben niet geantwoord. Bij de dealer waar ik de fiets gekocht heb zeggen ze dat ze bezig zijn aan een nieuwe update maar dat vertelden ze ook al wanneer mijn fiets de eerste keer (na 1 week fietsen) in motor error ging. Afwachten dus!

Ik heb een mailtje gestuurd naar Specialized maar ze hebben niet geantwoord. Bij de dealer waar ik de fiets gekocht heb zeggen ze dat ze bezig zijn aan een nieuwe update maar dat vertelden ze ook al wanneer mijn fiets de eerste keer (na 1 week fietsen) in motor error ging. Afwachten dus!
Specialized always work through the Local Bicycle Shop (Authorised Dealer) so don't expect they will respond. Your LBS shall handle the matter properly.

Use dielectric grease on the connections instead of contact spray.
I have some dielectric grease that I want to use for this purpose, but since read that it's not made for use on contacts as it's non conductive. I'm in two minds now...

Back