Tuning chip doesnt fit.

Davidguest

Region
Other
Hello im not too sure if tuning is allowed on this forum but i need help.
I have recently bought a volspeed v4 tuning chip for my eletric bike scott tour 20.
The problem is it doesnt fit in the compartment with cables.
Is there any solution on where else i could put the tuning chip in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_1551.jpeg
IMG_1553.jpeg
IMG_1552.jpeg
IMG_1550.jpeg

Looks like you may have to drop the motor down and push the chip up inside a cavity inside the frame, leaving just the wires accessible to connect.

Looks like you may have to drop the motor down and push the chip up inside a cavity inside the frame, leaving just the wires accessible to connect.
Could it be possible if i lead the chip outside the compartment and isolate also close any holes to make it clear of any water that may get in and just put it on the frame?

On the Volspeed website it says the chip is completely waterproof. (its potted). So you shouldn't have to worry about it getting wet.

1717020604257.png

You could mount it outside the compartment but I'd be worry about something snagging on it and pulling the wires out.

Personally I'd drop the motor down, connect the chip, and try find space within the frame/tube/motor mount of the bike itself to store it and then refit the motor back in place.

It'll look neater too.. and nobody will see your chip!

On the photo below I've marked the area where I'd "hope" to find space... Its just a guess, but the chip isn't that big so you might be able to squeeze it in there.

Capture.JPG

On the Volspeed website it says the chip is completely waterproof. (its potted). So you shouldn't have to worry about it getting wet.

View attachment 176727

You could mount it outside the compartment but I'd be worry about something snagging on it and pulling the wires out.

Personally I'd drop the motor down, connect the chip, and try find space within the frame/tube/motor mount of the bike itself to store it and then refit the motor back in place.

It'll look neater too.. and nobody will see your chip!

On the photo below I've marked the area where I'd "hope" to find space... Its just a guess, but the chip isn't that big so you might be able to squeeze it in there.

View attachment 176726
I really appreciate the help MartsEbike you have given a good amount of advice and i will probably try the frame thing. But theres just one thing i maybe thought could be possible. I have added a photo with lines and i would like to ask if it is possible to guide the cables from that compartment to the underside of the motor since theres a compartment there too. Would it work or isnt there enough space for cables go through there? Thank you for all youre help.

Attachments

• IMG_1553.jpeg
    IMG_1553.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 30
I really appreciate the help MartsEbike you have given a good amount of advice and i will probably try the frame thing. But theres just one thing i maybe thought could be possible. I have added a photo with lines and i would like to ask if it is possible to guide the cables from that compartment to the underside of the motor since theres a compartment there too. Would it work or isnt there enough space for cables go through there? Thank you for all youre help.
Thanks @Davidguest ! It may work but I have some doubts about it... I'd have guessed the cable would be too short, and the clearance a bit too tight for the cable, but I could be wrong!

If you drop the motor out, you might be able to stick it up the seat tube, or squeeze it around the motor somewhere. I'd say that's the best bet.

Back