Tubeless tire experiences

You have forced me to use the www.deepl.com translator this time! :D (The DeepL is far beyond the Google Translate, and it can understand English idioms!)
Well Dave. Polish roads are clean, and we specifically have very little thorn if any. If I ever had a flat, it was only because I had installed the tube wrongly (pinched by the tyre bead) or I damaged the tube valve. If I get a flat again, I will be first to tell you :)

I use really good tyres but incidents happen everywhere. However, my friend Jerzy rode for an improbable distance on his Continental tyres (until they got bald) without a single flat!
Yeah, it wasn't roads for me, it was gravel and trails where the blackberry bushes are thick and lying all over the trail. Now I avoid them like the plague!

The blackberry thorns got me three times before going tubeless. Are they native in Poland? What are the causes of flats where you are?
I can only think of black locust (a kind of acacia if I'm not wrong). We do not get much of wild blackberry anymore (which I regret!) However, the flats are common for gravel group rides I'm attending. I was asking for the reason of getting those flats not to get any definitive answer. The fact is the gravel cyclists who converted to tubeless suffer no flats!

Dave, you reminded me of something I find funny! There was an exciting gravel group ride called "Female Crank & Graveloza" in September last year, combining two cycling clubs. That ride was plagued with flats! One of the girls had a flat as often as three times! She was helped in any case but a general comment was: "She was looking for a husband" :D

1698110902167.png

One of the field repairs on that ride. (The girl here was not the victim but one of the people to help).

Back