Trying to decide which TRIKE to get

cfleming331

Hi, I’m a newbe and I’m disabled from a stroke. I have narrowed down to getting either Voltbike Trio or Addmotor Motan M-350 or BPM Imports T-950. Im leaning towards to Trio, for one because Addmotor and BPM seem pretty non-existed support. It seems Voltbike is a decent company. I see the 500 watts for Voltbike but it is not a deal braked for me. I would really appreciate any thought; pros and cons?

Kind of random but relative questions:

1. I don’t have a good place to store it - not garage, our shed is not conducive. How to secure bike from the elementals (I live in Northen NJ)?

2. Does the Trio Ok for the snow, trail and sand like the other two state that they are ?

Last edited:
Are you capable of doing assembly, maintenance, and repairs? If not I suggest you shop at local shops instead of internet sales only companies. You can do a lot of harm to a battery by charging it when it's very cold. You'll need to bring the battery inside to warm up and charge it. There are vinyl storage units, you'll have to shop to find one big enough. I've not seen their off road capabilities, but soft sand really takes the horsepower. Do you intend on riding throttle only or have some pedal effort too? Front hub motors on something that heavy is going to have a tendency to spin out in bad conditions, like deep snow and slush.

Last edited:
For protecting the trike from the elements, you could use a large gas grill cover. These are available pretty cheap on Amazon. If you can't find a gas grill cover larger enough to fit your trike, you could look at motorcycle covers.

You should remove the batteries before you put on the cover and keep the batteries inside the house.

My wife has the Evelo Compass trike which she likes a lot. One nice thing about Evelo is that they will arrange to have the trike assembled at a local shop or mechanic so you don't have to do it yourself.

Electric Tricycles | ElectricBikeStore.com Why don't you check this company out? They are in Croydon, PA. They also make the Liberty Trike which my handicapped wife rides.
Hi Mike,
thanks for your suggestions. I did go to Croydon shop about a month ago. The trike is decent, but it only did 15 - 25 miles for a full charge, with the 11.6 watts , and the battery is a no-name battery. I really wanted to get one from them because they are somewhat nearby (2 hours) and made in the USA but just can’t justify the lack of battery Strength.

I popped the switch and bought the Voltbike Trio. I wIl hopefully get it around New Year’s. I‘ll post a review after a month or so, once I’ll have some riding time.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to me.

Last edited:
Are you capable of doing assembly, maintenance, and repairs? If not I suggest you shop at local shops instead of internet sales only companies. You can do a lot of harm to a battery by charging it when it's very cold. You'll need to bring the battery inside to warm up and charge it. There are vinyl storage units, you'll have to shop to find one big enough. I've not seen their off road capabilities, but soft sand really takes the horsepower. Do you intend on riding throttle only or have some pedal effort too? Front hub motors on something that heavy is going to have a tendency to spin out in bad conditions, like deep snow and slush.
Hi Rich,
I buy the Voltbike Trio and they ship it 100% assembled.

I will take a look at the vinyl storage units.

I intended to do as much muscle power as possible.

Thanks for your comments and advises.

For protecting the trike from the elements, you could use a large gas grill cover. These are available pretty cheap on Amazon. If you can't find a gas grill cover larger enough to fit your trike, you could look at motorcycle covers.

You should remove the batteries before you put on the cover and keep the batteries inside the house.

My wife has the Evelo Compass trike which she likes a lot. One nice thing about Evelo is that they will arrange to have the trike assembled at a local shop or mechanic so you don't have to do it yourself.
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the advice, I will take a look at them. I appreciate. Thanks again.

Back