Trying to decide between 500 and Limited

Well, it that's true, I guess he will raise his bikes by $250 each ... I don't think so.
If you doubt what I stated, you cou can click on the link I provided for his direct comment as well as check the new pricing on Ride1Up's website.

Also, my comment specifically said batteries, nothing about bike prices, including the text of the link I provided. But since you mentioned it, Kevin said elsewhere that there may be a 25% price increase on bikes at some point in Sept. It's not definite, yet, but he gave a warning. That's in another thread, and again, I linked directly to his comments there, as well.

Depending on how much you ride your e-bike, how you ride it, how well you maintain it, it can last a lot longer than 5 years. Batteries don't work as well over time and eventually need replaced, but that doesn't mean you need to buy a new bike if it's working well for you otherwise.

Actually, for many it is very relevant. Just look at the people that can't touch the ground, on their tip toes, at a stop.
Well, I said "for fit" which is what someone should be most concerned with, and that doesn't factor in the height of the seat from the ground. There's lots of info out there on how to fit a bike to a rider.

Well, I said "for fit" which is what someone should be most concerned with, and that doesn't factor in the height of the seat from the ground. There's lots of info out there on how to fit a bike to a rider.
Whatever, take a deep breath and relax.

Last edited:
Looking for final arguments here from folks. 500 or LMT'D. I'm going to ride on gravel and grass and with small roots and rocks 15% of time. This is last appeal before purchase.

Looking for final arguments here from folks. 500 or LMT'D. I'm going to ride on gravel and grass and with small roots and rocks 15% of time. This is last appeal before purchase.

If you don't mind the $600 difference, I'd go with the wider tires if you are riding on unpaved surfaces... so the LMT'd. Plus it has a better front fork, more torque, bigger battery... and the torque sensor.

If you don't mind the $600 difference, I'd go with the wider tires if you are riding on unpaved surfaces... so the LMT'd. Plus it has a better front fork, more torque, bigger battery... and the torque sensor.

I do like the wider tires on the LMT'D and think they would be much better on unpaved surfaces. Thanks for the input.

I do like the wider tires on the LMT'D and think they would be much better on unpaved surfaces. Thanks for the input.
Like they say on Shark Tank ... "what are you going to do?" It's been 5 weeks of searching for somebody to tell you what to do. Just buy one and get to riding Tito. LOL

Like they say on Shark Tank ... "what are you going to do?" It's been 5 weeks of searching for somebody to tell you what to do. Just buy one and get to riding Tito. LOL

I was simultaneously looking on BikesDirect.com and trying to buy a used rental bike now that the beach season is winding down. No dice. I was educating myself too looking at the bikesdirect site and reading online. I think the bike I get from them will be a 29 inch hardtail mountain or hybrid bike with a 1x12 setup. Those are all gone. I am at the beach working (laptop remote working) and rented a bike monday morning and am going out on 1 hour rides down to the inlet bridge and back here in Dewey Delaware. My wife bought a spin bike while I was here so I have something to burn calories with this winter while I watch TV. I am impulsive so I figured the longer I wait the more educated I'll get and maybe get something that best suits me with no regrets. Thanks again for your input. It's not a question of money really. It's value and getting the right bike.

I was simultaneously looking on BikesDirect.com and trying to buy a used rental bike now that the beach season is winding down. No dice. I was educating myself too looking at the bikesdirect site and reading online. I think the bike I get from them will be a 29 inch hardtail mountain or hybrid bike with a 1x12 setup. Those are all gone. I am at the beach working (laptop remote working) and rented a bike monday morning and am going out on 1 hour rides down to the inlet bridge and back here in Dewey Delaware. My wife bought a spin bike while I was here so I have something to burn calories with this winter while I watch TV. I am impulsive so I figured the longer I wait the more educated I'll get and maybe get something that best suits me with no regrets. Thanks again for your input. It's not a question of money really. It's value and getting the right bike.
Maybe the answer is neither. If you want a cadence sensor bike with wider wheels consider the Espin Nero.

Presplan : I looked at specs for 500 step through. Minimum height of seat is 31 and reach is 18, same as the standard 500. My son is 5'6"-5'7" and he has to have his seat all the way down on his standard 500. It is a big bike. If you send them an e mail they are very responsive. I think you likely could find a different bike that would be a better fit. The Aventon bikes for example come in small versions that would fit you better. Also Lectric xp step through and Radrunner would fit. I am sure there are other options.
That's crazy, I keep asking and I get a lot of people saying the 500 would fit me perfect. I'm 5'5 with a 29.0 inseam. I really wish there was a place to test one out in person so I could know for sure.

That's crazy, I keep asking and I get a lot of people saying the 500 would fit me perfect. I'm 5'5 with a 29.0 inseam. I really wish there was a place to test one out in person so I could know for sure.
The geometry is posted on the website. Looks like you could fit an XR, but go with an ST if in doubt.

There’s an ebike shop in downtown Denver that is selling R1U and other brands…you can sit on one there to see if it fits if it’s in stock. Ebike America, perhaps? My wife is 5’4” and the 500 fits her well.

There’s an ebike shop in downtown Denver that is selling R1U and other brands…you can sit on one there to see if it fits if it’s in stock. Ebike America, perhaps? My wife is 5’4” and the 500 fits her well.
Wow, I thought I had looked at all the e-bike shops in Denver online and all I saw at a reasonable price were the . I went ahead on a leap of faith (or hope) and pulled the trigger on the 500 XR. It arrives on Saturday.

Back