Truck Bed Rack - 2 Ebikes with Fenders

Midway

Region
Canada
City
Moncton, New Brunswick
I’m looking to transport two ebikes with fenders in back of truck bed. (2022 Vado 5 XL and 2022 Velec R48).

Interested in either new or diy. Leaning towards new as I’m not sure i could build something safe and secure enough.

Any suggestions from the tried and true?

Thanks

Craig

I carry an etrike and two ebikes in my Ford Ranger truck bed using a two piece rack I made with 1x4's and 1x2's. It is a tight fit, but with a couple of cinch straps to keep them from bouncing around, they ride very secure. This thread contains a few pictures taken at the time I was working on it. Since these pictures were taken, I have also added a couple of trough ramps than hang off the tailgate to assist in loading. The whole system works beautifully.

Would something like this interest you, Midway?

2x10 is placed in bed of pickup, either at front or rear, depending on which way you want to place the bikes.

Front tire must be removed, then you place the fork in the RockyMounts adapter and secure with your through axle.

I believe your Velec has a quick-release axle, which would require a different adapter than what I have shown here.

Attachments

• 9ED37C1E-8EC6-405A-9556-1148ADF970C1.jpeg
    9ED37C1E-8EC6-405A-9556-1148ADF970C1.jpeg
    506.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 3ADAF357-A897-4FFE-8E44-90D8F73BE526.jpeg
    3ADAF357-A897-4FFE-8E44-90D8F73BE526.jpeg
    536.8 KB · Views: 191
I did contemplate removing wheels and using fork rack hardware. This way i would be able to raise tailgate. To be honest, not sure how keen i would be in transporting the ebikes as much having to go thru this process but its definitely within my price range!

I’ve been looking at ebike carrier racks for their simplicity but the prices are something else.

It can get expensive quick! I have seen a couple models designed for truck beds that allow you to keep both wheels on, but $$$$$
Although something like what Roamers posted could be made to work with out a huge outlay of cash.
Let us know what you come up with.

It can get expensive quick! I have seen a couple models designed for truck beds that allow you to keep both wheels on, but $$$$$
Although something like what Roamers posted could be made to work with out a huge outlay of cash.
Let us know what you come up with.
This is an old thread, but I just purchased a small 5' x 8' enclosed cargo trailer. Installing Pipeline racks. Expensive but should solve the security issues as well as transport.

Here's a link to a thread I posted a few years back:

It's a slide out truck bed rack made of PVC pipe with Thule roof racks attached. It works with fenders as long as they don't cover too much of the front wheel.

This how I carry them in caravan. May give you some ideas. Given extra movement in truck need to attach rack to ply sheet more securely than how I've done it. Alternatively use aboves idea with wheel arms from roof rack carrier but bolt to sheet of heavy ply along with some blocks of wood to keep wheels in place. I'd also strap wheels to ply.

Back