Trip mileage accuracy

Vic Russell

My Entour E+ 1 (2019) recorded my morning ride as 11.8 miles. MapMyRide on my iPhone recorded it as 12.9 miles. Quite a difference. Which one should I believe?

Mine has been consistently the same. Is there a calibration in the software for tire size? Only a shop could see this I imagine. I’m more inclined to believe something mechanical than gps satellites which can be degraded.

Thanks niteman. I assume that you mean your mileage figures stack up rather than that you have the same inconsistency as me. In my car I think my Satnav is more accurate than my car but I am comparing speed rather than distance there. My bike is only a week old so it would be disappointing if Giant got its calibration wrong. I will check the bike reading against the new Giant RideControl app and see what's what there and report back.

Thanks niteman. I assume that you mean your mileage figures stack up rather than that you have the same inconsistency as me. In my car I think my Satnav is more accurate than my car but I am comparing speed rather than distance there. My bike is only a week old so it would be disappointing if Giant got its calibration wrong. I will check the bike reading against the new Giant RideControl app and see what's what there and report back.
Mine is 2018 model not connected via Bluetooth to the app. Being retired I would opt for the greater distance, as it makes me be feel better. I’d be interested to hear and I’ll try connecting to the app.

Back