Trek Launches New High Performance Electric Cross Country Ebikes E-Caliber

Yea I don’t agree either that Fazua is weak.

At 55NM torque with a 35lb ebike I would say that’s actually quite overpowered if anything. Add to the fact it’s fully removable for analog riding it’s better and more modern than anything atm.

I think I would prefer the removable 55NM Fazua over my 4th Gen Bosch Speed and definetly would prefer the Fazua over my 1000w Bafang.

Without fail, Ebiker01 comes in to try and dunk on Fazua.
So Funny. Did you hear about the nutty French bike that weighs a ton, has a hub-drive and a pinon box?
It can't take a sustained hill or up a curb. It is tossable in the other senses of the word. You cannot toss it around a rock garden, you would want to toss it out. It is for tossers who do not know about bikes, riding and physics.

So Funny. Did you hear about the nutty French bike that weighs a ton, has a hub-drive and a pinon box?
It can't take a sustained hill or up a curb. It is tossable in the other senses of the word. You cannot toss it around a rock garden, you would want to toss it out. It is for tossers who do not know about bikes, riding and physics.
What r you talking about ??

I am 63 and have been cycling since I was three. Newbie??? How long have you cycled? Stop making stupid assumptions about others.
80-90NM is the norm for e mtb. Or try a M1 Spitzing with 120NM if you need to get over a 20% steep hill.

55nm with a 250wh battery @40 lb won’t go too far if you do a serious mtb. Ride.

+No kickstand
+Bend over and REMOVE battery EVERY SINGLE freaking time when needing to do a charge

Last edited:
To quote you...Lame&weak motor. But anyway the newbies have no clue. This was a response to MY post.

Keep bending Trying to take that Fazua battery out every SINGLE time you need to charge it .

And NO kickstand ! HANG the Fazua on a tree , while u remove it , it will be easier on your back 😂

55NM Fazua over my 4th Gen Bosch Speed and definetly would prefer the Fazua over my 1000w Bafang

OK a Bafang ebike is 70 or 75 pounds I’m not sure which one U have, by why would you prefer Fazua over Bosch ??

As much as I dislike Bosch for their complete dominance over ebike engines in most ebike brands I would take that over Fazua .

It’s only good for light trail riding for serious mountain biking b/c it’s not enough range in that pack even with that 40 pound weight ; plus you need to keep bending , removing the battery every single time for a charge and remember there is no kickstand.

So many great motors: TQ, Shimano ep8, Yamaha Pw-x2, Brose, Polini, Bosch too (4th gen.) , Specialized 2.1 motor

And u guys like the weakest one ??

Why do u think Specialized has a $13,000 E mtb. Just out the oven with 90NM ??

Last edited:
Trek got juiced with the new Levo :

Who is the Clown who will bend over 2x to remove and put back the battery to charge it every single time b/c There is no freaking charge port on the ebike and NO dam kickstand ?? For 13.000$ , an Ursus stand would make sense.

OK a Bafang ebike is 70 or 75 pounds I’m not sure which one U have, by why would you prefer Fazua over Bosch ??

As much as I dislike Bosch for their complete dominance over ebike engines in most ebike brands I would take that over Fazua .

It’s only good for light trail riding for serious mountain biking b/c it’s not enough range in that pack even with that 40 pound weight ; plus you need to keep bending , removing the battery every single time for a charge and remember there is no kickstand.

So many great motors: TQ, Shimano ep8, Yamaha Pw-x2, Brose, Polini, Bosch too (4th gen.) , Specialized 2.1 motor

And u guys like the weakest one ??

Why do u think Specialized has a $13,000 E mtb. Just out the oven with 90NM ??
The Fazua is designed for lighter e-bikes that’s why Trek uses it for lighter models like the e-caliber and emonda.

The Fazua also can be removed and that matters a lot for people who want a bike that can be pedaled analog and who want to travel with their bike.

It also increases the longevity of the bike for decades. As long as the frame doesn’t crack it can be ridden without a motor and battery for as long as a traditional well cared for bicycle which is usually twenty years. That’s priceless peace of mind to have in a post-pandemic world with a broken supply chain and escalating trade wars. And who knows what else will happen in the next few years. Analog option is a fail safe.

I don’t think my e-bike with the Bosch motor/battery combo and proprietary frame designed with the Bosch components in mind will be serviceable for decades. I’ll be happy with five years.

Some riders are much fitter than others and @ghukins has been riding for 60 years so he’s probably very fit and doesn’t need or want a 60lb e-bike with 85NM torque.

Specialized also has the Levo sl with a lower torque motor.

The trend in the e-bike industry is to go lighter not heavier and that’s for many reasons.

Also, I don’t think Trek got juiced with the just released 2022 Levo. The new Levo is meant to compete with the Trek rail. And btw the Trek rail was voted e-mtb of the year beating out the Levo. I’m not going to bash the 2022 Levo because there’s not much bad to say about it.

So long as their specialized tuned Brose motors last longer than 250 miles ofcourse.

TL;DR: I really like the fact that the Fazua is removable. Two bikes in one. 55 NM is a lot of power for a 35lb e-bike and the battery range will also greatly benefit. At 35lbs with the Fazua motor and battery installed the weight is only 4lbs heavier than my analog Koga Grand tourer. So the range on the supposed small battery of the Fazua is relatively speaking unlimited.

Last edited:
It also increases the longevity of the bike for decades. As long as the frame doesn’t crack it can be ridden without a motor and battery for as long as a traditional well cared for bicycle which is usually twenty years. That’s priceless peace of mind to have in a post-pandemic world with a broken supply chain and escalating trade wars. And who knows what else will happen in the next few years. Analog option is a fail safe.
That yes it is a very good benefit, but as far as using it as an emtb. i doubt that even @35lbs can do a good amount of elevation, say 2000feet with 10 -20%inclines ?

It should be labeled as a “Seniors specific emtb.” No offense whatsoever we all get there sooner or later ! Or it could also be as a recovery emtb. for cycling pros . In road racing they use the e road bikes a lot for off days.

And there is still the issue with NO charging port on the frame . How can Trek align with that BS engineering ??

The people there who designed the Fazua system they never used the E bike hundreds of days ,hundreds of charges . They imagined us to keep bending , doing sit ups over and over again just to remove the battery to charge it and put it back.

Or maybe it was part of the plan...yea just let them do a couple of sit ups it won’t hurt.
They eat too much anyway , that’s what the German engineers thought and acted on it.

Just boring and annoying sometimes to just take the charging cable , put it in the frame port . I don’t want to think about how it would be like to remove the battery and to put it back every time when needing to charge. Loose the key, no option to charge.

also can be removed
I forgot to realize and mention that even with the moto removed it could still be considered an ebike by the leo . Some trails have the rangers with a booklet/tablet with all the ebike brand models That’s just a FYI.
Most ebike laws and their definition are completely ridiculous illogical gibberish.

I forgot to realize and mention that even with the moto removed it could still be considered an ebike by the leo . Some trails have the rangers with a booklet/tablet with all the ebike brand models That’s just a FYI.
Most ebike laws and their definition are completely ridiculous illogical gibberish.
That’s true ebike laws are ridiculous and illogical. No argument there. But if the motor and battery aren’t installed and the only way the bike is moving is by pedaling with human power alone the ticketed rider would win in court.

80-90NM is the norm for e mtb. Or try a M1 Spitzing with 120NM if you need to get over a 20% steep hill.

55nm with a 250wh battery @40 lb won’t go too far if you do a serious mtb. Ride.

+No kickstand
+Bend over and REMOVE battery EVERY SINGLE freaking time when needing to do a charge
I remember just over a year ago the Haibike Flyon was surrounded with so much hype and anticipation because of its 160NM motor. Supposedly it was going to be a monster that would climb elevation you mentioned to 2000 feet at 20% incline and tear through single track like an ibex and over power the jumps with its 160NM torque.

After all the hype the Flyon was a big flop. You know why? Because it was a pig on single track not nimble or tossable, unstable on downhill and bad at the jumps.

The bike weighed well over 70lbs and because of that it didn’t gain an traction or respect from the e-mtb crowd.

It simply wasn’t fun or engaging to ride where it was supposed to excel, it was good for climbing the long steep inclines you mentioned and that was about it. It was a total failure for Haibike all because of its hefty weight. What good is an e-mtb that can get you through the hard part (climbing) but ruins the experiences that are supposed to be fun the part.

It is heavy indeed but not 70lb, about 55-62 lb(S/m/L) , 120nm, so yea it’s not for technical riding. It looks really good though, great for forest roads, easy trail rides.
I would get it just to enjoy that ferocious monster motor on a long steep mountain incline .

Attachments

• FA38E4D6-F5F6-4713-936C-07E41E856389.png
    FA38E4D6-F5F6-4713-936C-07E41E856389.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 260
  • DA398625-D767-4263-AA5B-6AA3E360FD38.png
    DA398625-D767-4263-AA5B-6AA3E360FD38.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 13E8A5B8-4DFC-4437-B404-06C3C8D143E4.png
    13E8A5B8-4DFC-4437-B404-06C3C8D143E4.png
    226.7 KB · Views: 252
  • BD9BBD47-25F7-4014-9DB0-9AB0946D905F.png
    BD9BBD47-25F7-4014-9DB0-9AB0946D905F.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 255
It is heavy indeed but not 70lb, about 55-62 lb(S/m/L) , 120nm, so yea it’s not for technical riding. It looks really good though, great for forest roads, easy trail rides.
I would get it just to enjoy that ferocious monster motor on a long steep mountain incline .

And I’m sure the e-caliber would do fine on easy forest trails also. But with the added benefit of being excellent for quick technical riding where the party is.

being excellent for quick technical riding where the party is.
Yea, right...keep dreaming .No dropper seapost and has many other deficiencies.

This is a POS Imo .
The Pros agree as well.
But anyone can do whatever they like with their $.

This ROTWILD is THE ULTIMATE EMTB. to have !! 750wh, dropper seat post, Brose S mag 90NM , Easy in/out battery, etc...

OR for the same 12.000$ instead of doing sit ups to mont/dismount the battery , can simply press a button(the 7k edition has the button as well...)

Attachments

• 205EBF15-9CB4-453B-A1D1-F331C8AA4F91.png
    205EBF15-9CB4-453B-A1D1-F331C8AA4F91.png
    391.3 KB · Views: 276
  • A7ACC606-C164-40E8-9F51-EA44F56D28B1.png
    A7ACC606-C164-40E8-9F51-EA44F56D28B1.png
    715.5 KB · Views: 276
  • D9B903CF-8B3C-4C1D-AD8F-5B3BFF6B5FC2.png
    D9B903CF-8B3C-4C1D-AD8F-5B3BFF6B5FC2.png
    424 KB · Views: 269
  • 44D0FDFF-7568-470F-B2D4-23CB01A008F9.jpeg
    44D0FDFF-7568-470F-B2D4-23CB01A008F9.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 275
  • 2E5ECEF2-95AD-49CA-9179-A97197DB77A1.jpeg
    2E5ECEF2-95AD-49CA-9179-A97197DB77A1.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 280
  • C130D423-9BF8-4FE9-ADD8-ACFB3E3E27CF.png
    C130D423-9BF8-4FE9-ADD8-ACFB3E3E27CF.png
    803.4 KB · Views: 273
  • 0C8E4367-9842-478C-BA82-1332A9512730.png
    0C8E4367-9842-478C-BA82-1332A9512730.png
    471.7 KB · Views: 289
  • F5B0560B-D461-49C8-81D4-ACA4D60169C1.jpeg
    F5B0560B-D461-49C8-81D4-ACA4D60169C1.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Yea, right...keep dreaming .No dropper seapost and has many other deficiencies.

This is a POS Imo .
The Pros agree as well.
But anyone can do whatever they like with their $.

This ROTWILD is THE ULTIMATE EMTB. to have !! 750wh, dropper seat post, Brose S mag 90NM , Easy in/out battery, etc...

OR for the same 12.000$ instead of doing sit ups to mont/dismount the battery , can simply press a button(the 7k edition has the button as well...)

The only negative about the e-caliber they mentioned was lack of dropper post. It can easily be added so no big deal.

I don’t think any rotwild ebike can compete with the likes of the e-caliber or trek rail.

Back