Trek Domane+ HP

I have a Domane+ HP7. It is my first ebike. It took a little getting used to the heavier weight but now it handles really well. the 32 mm tires are really comforable compared to the 25 mm on my Roubaix. I have not had a chance to see what is the maximum distance I can get on this bike yet. I have ridden 60+ miles twice with my regular group ride buddies. Once with 1800 ft. elevation change and once with very strong headwinds. I'm hoping to get 100 miles out of it so I can ride in an upcoming century ride that has about 2800 ft. elevation change. View attachment 56499
Can you update your experience with the bike? I just bought the 2021 model on sale but it won't be delivered for a few weeks! I am going to have to enjoy it through your eyes!

It's really frustrating that the Trek HP series is not being offered in Canada.
If I want a similar e-road bike, with the larger motor/battery, the only one available in Canada is the Cannondale Topstone Neo Carbon 2, and that sucker cost $9000 Can.
I rode a $10,000 (Can) Creo before the lockdown and I liked it, but I thought it needed more power.
I would have thought before the lockdown you could have just got a bike carrier and crossed the border and bought one??? Maybe threw some dirt on the tire and frame and said you were biking in the states! Who would have known?

I would have thought before the lockdown you could have just got a bike carrier and crossed the border and bought one??? Maybe threw some dirt on the tire and frame and said you were biking in the states! Who would have known?
Warranty.

Glad to see this thread re-ignited. Silver lining of the very grey cloud of COVID was being able to put 1,000 miles on the Conduit+ and then Domane+ (after purchased) since March 13th. Really happy to have rediscovered biking. Domane+ needs to be taken to LBS for a tune up. I just haven't been off of it for long enough to be willing to allow it to sit in LBS - even with winter setting in. Son has been home for a few weeks and he has been riding it while I rode the Conduit+. When he leaves I'll finally take the Domane+ in for that long-awaited tune up, knowing if I get a 45+ degree day with some sun, I can still get out on the Conduit+.

Interested in exploring some additional hardware. I now have paid Strava w/ Apple Watch 4 for HR data. Confirmed with Strava support that there is no way to activate e-bike ride from Apple Watch so I am stuck doing Outdoor Ride and then editing to e-bike ride once the data posts to Strava. No big deal as I am usually looking at the data after a ride anyway. Had to go back and recategorize 90+ rides to e-bike ride as I didn't know about that previously and a few of my segments got flagged as too fast (either by Strava's AI or by a jealous "acoustic" rider.)

Any thoughts about an additional cyclocomputer that might provide cadence, watts, trip (with tenths), GPS, maps, elapsed time (with seconds), anti-theft? Rather than add a 2nd computer, is there a head unit I could change to that would provide some / all of this and avoid the duplication? I know Bosch introduced some new head units in the summer. Can apps on an iPhone do some / all of this?

When spring rolls around, I may consider getting an acoustic ride. After re-reading this thread, so many have posted liking the combination of a light acoustic bike with a power wagon like the Domane+ and simply choosing which to ride on any given day. Plenty of time to think about that through the rest of this winter.

I own a 2019 Domane+ with its barely acceptable computer. The only reason I don't mind it is because I use my apple watch for most of the stats. Those stats are automatically transferred to my phone, so I don't have to copy them off the cycle computer. I am eagerly awaiting the new Bosch Nyon cycle computer which seems to be the successor to the kiox that comes standard with the new domane+ bikes. It has been available in Europe for a few months now, and hopefully will arrive in the states within the next 2 or 3 months. It will be expensive at about $300 but it is supposed to be backwards compatible with my 2019 Domane+. It seems to be able to do everything. Look on the Bosch website for more details. It has a "locking" feature which disables the motor if the head unit is removed, but that probably won't work on my older bike.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new Nyon display in Canada. I've already contacted an ebike shop that sells a lot of Bosch powered ebikes and the owner told me he expects the Nyon displays to arrive in February or March.
I'll definitely be upgrading from my Purion display to the Nyon.

I own a 2019 Domane+ with its barely acceptable computer. The only reason I don't mind it is because I use my apple watch for most of the stats. Those stats are automatically transferred to my phone, so I don't have to copy them off the cycle computer. I am eagerly awaiting the new Bosch Nyon cycle computer which seems to be the successor to the kiox that comes standard with the new domane+ bikes. It has been available in Europe for a few months now, and hopefully will arrive in the states within the next 2 or 3 months. It will be expensive at about $300 but it is supposed to be backwards compatible with my 2019 Domane+. It seems to be able to do everything. Look on the Bosch website for more details. It has a "locking" feature which disables the motor if the head unit is removed, but that probably won't work on my older bike.
I heard that you had to pay for that premium function of locking?

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new Nyon display in Canada. I've already contacted an ebike shop that sells a lot of Bosch powered ebikes and the owner told me he expects the Nyon displays to arrive in February or March.
I'll definitely be upgrading from my Purion display to the Nyon.
So they are selling the Nylon in Canada? I thought they were not selling or supporting them in North America but I guess it is just the US market!

I heard that you had to pay for that premium function of locking?
Website does list both Lock and customizing level of support as premium functions. I've seen that the individual riding modes may be as small as a $5 charge to unlock. Hope that is true and the locking feature is similarly priced. I also wonder if both will be available for all backwards compatibility.

1609339639143.png

Back