Trek Domane+ HP

Are you speculating or do you have information not released to the public?

As far as the 12k price, the Trek is 10k with Di2 and after we add the carbon wheels makes it up to 12k. Custom paint-500$, Range boost another 700$, 13.500$ ? Close to the Creo most expensive model, except the limited edition one.

I guess it comes down to what each individual is willing to pay for "anything". For me cycling is what I do. I don't hunt or fish. I don't spend my money on drugs, alcohol or smokes. My vehicles and home are paid for. If we waited until the latest thing to come along before buying we'd still be riding horses. I'm always amazed why people criticize others for the way they spend the money they go out and earn. Should they take a poll to see what others think before buying what they want? I think not. If that's want you want and is available at the time and you can afford it then by it. You can't take it with you.

I guess it comes down to what each individual is willing to pay for "anything". For me cycling is what I do. I don't hunt or fish. I don't spend my money on drugs, alcohol or smokes. My vehicles and home are paid for. If we waited until the latest thing to come along before buying we'd still be riding horses. I'm always amazed why people criticize others for the way they spend the money they go out and earn. Should they take a poll to see what others think before buying what they want? I think not. If that's want you want and is available at the time and you can afford it then by it. You can't take it with you.

@Ezliven , Definitely i was not criticizing your expenditure.

I felt that after my earlier post, other forum member was asking some info and was not sure if it was about the Bosch info or about the Trek numbers i wrote.
I made another post and detailed the costs b:c i am looking to get one just like you did😜.

And Congratulations, is a very nice build, this ebike will be top nr. 1 for awhile. Glad you went with this one and not the Creo.
Please enjoy it to the fullest, we are nice members here , a wealth of knowledge , sometimes our communication gets a little confused.

I think my biggest concern is getting the wife's okay. I used to be famous for begging forgiveness and not asking for permission. It didn't go that well for me. So I sat with her at dinner the other evening and started asking her about ordering a new Trek Domane and she seemed okay with it. She is into photography so I started the conversation with asking her if she would need any new camera equipment etc.... she said why ?

Just got my domane+ HP, searched the forum-is there a way to turn the headlight off??

You'll have to take it in to a dealer to be able to use that functionality. Trek turns off the ability to turn off your lights for those of us in the US. I took mine in for them to do it - maybe 20 minutes or so. At first I called to see if they would do it - the guy I spoke with tried talking down to me about how I'm so much less likely to get hit with lights on even during daylight. Little does he know that since 2007/2008 - I've probably put in around 70,000 miles on the road on bicycles - only using lights when it's dark and/or sun is setting or rising.

Congrats on your purchase by the way. I would have gone with a domane+ hp except when I bought my Allant 9.9s the only road bike geometry trek offered was the domane+ (2019 model - and all frame sizes available were too large for me). Oh well - those domane+ hp's would have been too expensive anyways I guess. I've tried changing the allant to get as close to my road bike fits as possible. It makes a big difference that's for sure. I do like my allant still - it's like the SUV of bikes. lol - even though i hate big cars - but it's still a good analogy. Maybe it's the swiss knife of bikes. Took the battery out this morning for a ride to be able to ride a lighter bike - still averaged just under 20 mph! It really is a nice bike. You'll love the domane+ i imagine. I'm a bit jealous.

Last edited:
Ebiker01, sorry for my misunderstanding. I may be a little defensive sometimes. Some people think there is no place for electric road bikes. I seem to have to defend ebikes both mountain and road bikes. Their not for everyone but I feel if it enables them to ride the way they want to then get one. Some people are just closed minded.

Kevmk81, if they're able turn it off do you get the option to be able to turn on and off as needed?

yep! It’s simply allowing us the option to turn off and turn on the lights at will. I can tell you one thing - there is battery drain from the lights and it‘s not unnoticeable. I played around a bit with the bike one day - just letting it drain sitting there (of course having to turn on the bike when it auto shuts down). The Allants smartphone hub does appear to drain the battery a bit alone when the lights are off -but when I turn the lights on it’s a quicker drain. Maybe 1% Battery drain per 10 minutes with the lights turned on. It’s treks way of covering their rears in my opinion - since this bike allows large amount of users to ride their bikes and be part of traffic flow. Something most people wouldn’t do without a motor on the bike.

I agree that as long as you are happy with your purchase then nothing else matters.

On the other hand in these forums we discuss different models, brands and express our opinion. If you are happy with your bike then riding it instead of reading the forum and worrying about the comments is probably better.

You'll have to take it in to a dealer to be able to use that functionality. Trek turns off the ability to turn off your lights for those of us in the US. I took mine in for them to do it - maybe 20 minutes or so. At first I called to see if they would do it - the guy I spoke with tried talking down to me about how I'm so much less likely to get hit with lights on even during daylight. Little does he know that since 2007/2008 - I've probably put in around 70,000 miles on the road on bicycles - only using lights when it's dark and/or sun is setting or rising.

Congrats on your purchase by the way. I would have gone with a domane+ hp except when I bought my Allant 9.9s the only road bike geometry trek offered was the domane+ (2019 model - and all frame sizes available were too large for me). Oh well - those domane+ hp's would have been too expensive anyways I guess. I've tried changing the allant to get as close to my road bike fits as possible. It makes a big difference that's for sure. I do like my allant still - it's like the SUV of bikes. lol - even though i hate big cars - but it's still a good analogy. Maybe it's the swiss knife of bikes. Took the battery out this morning for a ride to be able to ride a lighter bike - still averaged just under 20 mph! It really is a nice bike. You'll love the domane+ i imagine. I'm a bit jealous.
Thanks for heads up on that...just did a great ride, so hot and sunny! just wanted to turn lights off haha. I did 2800' climbing about 30 miles, started with 90% battery and ended with 30%. I bought this to be my twice a week work commuter (55miles RT)-so it will be great, but a little roadie test ride today was fantastic, I enjoyed it far more than the creo I had. I've got a shimano motor bike, and a levo SL, this is my first Bosch motor and its awesome thus far. I do plan on putting flat bars though, making it a frankencommuter. I am more of a MTBer so I will like it better and I have a sweet road bike if I need an actual super light roadie day. IMPRESSED with this bike.

... I would have gone with a domane+ hp except when I bought my Allant 9.9s the only road bike geometry trek offered was the domane+ (2019 model - and all frame sizes available were too large for me). Oh well - those domane+ hp's would have been too expensive anyways I guess. I've tried changing the allant to get as close to my road bike fits as possible. It makes a big difference that's for sure. I do like my allant still - it's like the SUV of bikes. lol - even though i hate big cars - but it's still a good analogy. Maybe it's the swiss knife of bikes. Took the battery out this morning for a ride to be able to ride a lighter bike - still averaged just under 20 mph! It really is a nice bike...

Given how fit you are I also think you would have been much better with a Creo or HP+. (Especially Creo since it is for fit people like you who use assist sparingly and want a light).

(On shorter rides, my average with my cross with Bosch cx when assist turned of is also close to 20mph given no traffic lights and not a steep climb, unless climbing keeping the speed with these bikes is not much different than a normal bike).

I completely disagree...4 rides on my creo and I knew I'd be selling it. I am fit enough, old school racer, in the bike biz and ride enough to hang with most people. If I am going assist, I want the ability to crush it, the creo didn't have a lot of crush, even in TURBO mode. My strava times on my 17lb road bike vs creo were too close for my reasoning--why own a heavy road bike unless its a rocket ship? haha.
That being said, the Domane with the Bosch is EXACTLY what I wanted, commuter OR lazy road days. I will still keep my road bike, but I can see my use of Domane really going up.
Funny though, creo on road seemed pointless, you'd think I'd think that on my levo sl too-but no, the levo sl is great on the MTB, it's what eMTB should have been in the beginning.

Given how fit you are I also think you would have been much better with a Creo or HP+. (Especially Creo since it is for fit people like you who use assist sparingly and want a light).

(On shorter rides, my average with my cross with Bosch cx when assist turned of is also close to 20mph given no traffic lights and not a steep climb, unless climbing keeping the speed with these bikes is not much different than a normal bike).

ride enough to hang with most people. If I am going assist, I want the ability to crush it, the creo didn't have a lot of crush, even in TURBO mode

For Same exact reasons i haven't taken a bite from the Oreo.
The low ameperage of the battery doesn't help much also. Domane has a 48volts*11.2amps (I may be wrong by 0.1ah) battery.
Ex cat. racer, etc... i want that fast speed feeling esp. on an ebike. I'm Saving up for the 10k +HP with the DI2.

@Ezliven, @StickSandstones, Bosch has in their plans for next few months a new Nyon Display, and another 10NM to a few of their motors including the one for +HP !! That will be a lot of fun.

The xtra 10NM is just a software upgrade , for the display it's 299$. There's a thread here on EBR about this.

I completely disagree...4 rides on my creo and I knew I'd be selling it. I am fit enough, old school racer, in the bike biz and ride enough to hang with most people. If I am going assist, I want the ability to crush it, the creo didn't have a lot of crush, even in TURBO mode. My strava times on my 17lb road bike vs creo were too close for my reasoning--why own a heavy road bike unless its a rocket ship? haha.
That being said, the Domane with the Bosch is EXACTLY what I wanted, commuter OR lazy road days. I will still keep my road bike, but I can see my use of Domane really going up.
Funny though, creo on road seemed pointless, you'd think I'd think that on my levo sl too-but no, the levo sl is great on the MTB, it's what eMTB should have been in the beginning.

My response was to Kevmk. From his previous posts I remember that he is very fit and barely using the assistance. I don't think you read what I wrote there. Creo is for people who want to use the assist sparingly to extend their range but ride the bike mostly unassisted.

What do you mean by "crush"? Acceleration ? If that is the case yes any mid drive like bosch, brose etc will have more because they can peak at higher levels than creo's motor.

My response was to Kevmk. From his previous posts I remember that he is very fit and barely using the assistance. I don't think you read what I wrote there. Creo is for people who want to use the assist sparingly to extend their range but ride the bike mostly unassisted.

What do you mean by "crush"? Acceleration ? If that is the case yes any mid drive like bosch, brose etc will have more because they can peak at higher levels than creo's motor.
Riding creo unassisted, is, not fun. "crush" term was meant, if im on an assist bike, I want to CRUSH the times of my local climbs, that I've set on my road bike...and on a Creo, I was marginally faster (why would I wanna do that on a bike that weighs 15 more pounds than my road bike) but on the domane+ HP, I am totally crushing my old times, and that is fun-which is what these bikes are about, fun.

Johnny & Sticksandstones - it's all good. I don't think I'll be replacing my allant anytime soon. It serves its' purpose! I really do enjoy it :) I'd lose money on the allant if i traded in or sold it - too early. Maybe 3-4 years I'll do that - but at that point i may just keep it around for my wife if I end up buying whatever is out at that time. Who knows what ebikes will be like then! I've seen a Creo in person - they're nice looking bikes for sure. I still really like the utility of my allant. Couple weeks ago is a great example. Had a dentist appt near business end of day - 4:00 appt. Left work a little early to go to the dentist. Used level 2 assist, hot and humid day. Arrived just a little sweaty but that soon went away. That is the benefit of the utility of this bike. I had my work things with me in my bag. We're a family of 5 with one car, this is essentially my "car". Used to have an electric car and a mazda cx-9. Sold both of those so we could buy a van when we had our 3rd kiddo. The van payments are fairly high so to move our budget around I sold both the mazda and electric.

I've got 1000 miles on my Domane+ and I love it so much I was considering an HP but COVID happened. Coming from a road bike with 700x25 tires, every time I looked down at the 700x35 tires on the Domane, I felt like I was riding a mountain bike, so I decided to upgrade the wheels instead of getting a new bike at this time. I put the Aeolus Pro 3V TLR Disc Road 700x28 wheels on that come on the higher end trek road bikes, and it has hit the sweet spot!! :p In real world riding, the bike is quieter, more responsive in the turns and I don't feel like the bike is too big or heavy for the tires. I'm averaging about 3 miles faster rolling down steep hills and about 2 miles faster on the flats. As you would expect, there's no significant difference in the climbs.

For someone like myself who is not competing in any fashion are $1500 rims (1/4 the price of the bike) really worth the price? Obviously not, but it's the most significant upgrade that you can do that elevates the bike from a fast casual bike to a serious road bike. It's more of an improvement than I expected. (Might have to do with decreasing rotational mass etc etc).

P.S. IMHO I've ridden both the LT and Creo and they are rubbish. If you're going to add weight, then add real power with the Bosche motors on the Trek HP or HP7.

It's really frustrating that the Trek HP series is not being offered in Canada.
If I want a similar e-road bike, with the larger motor/battery, the only one available in Canada is the Cannondale Topstone Neo Carbon 2, and that sucker cost $9000 Can.
I rode a $10,000 (Can) Creo before the lockdown and I liked it, but I thought it needed more power.

Back