Trek Domane+ HP

@Ezliven are the 32mm tires stock? and do you know what MAX width is for Domane? im on fence of getting one (also thinking about Allant as i'd do some city errands too). And @drodg I just sold my Creo EVO e-gravel bike, it was SOOOOOO slow and poor range. I own a Levo SL with the same motor, and LOVE it on my MTB (I do miss the torque of my previous levo) but, the low weight is pretty insane and I have the extender. For road riding/commuting though, that creo was a toad, was not what I was expecting, FYI....I demo'd a trek super commuter a year ago and was hooked on that speed for the road. (I still have a bad ass carbon road bike, that I just assume ride on the road, as the creo wasnt enough power).
You can fit something like a 40-42c in there.

So this might be a stupid question but can you remove the kickstand and what is left underneath? I hate the look of a kickstand on the back of the frame.

What you experienced with the LT, was what i found with the creo, i was better off riding my 17lb bad ass road bike.

The 32 mm tires were stock. I don't know what size it can take as I'm only interested in road riding, not gravel. Before I purchased the Domane+ HP7 I tried out bothe the Domane and the Specialized Creo. I was really wanting to buy the Creo but decided I should at least try the Domane if I was going to spend this money. The Creo was a really nice bike but I liked the Domane better. The Creo may be a better option for a younger rider that can spin at a really high cadense as the Creo is more efficient at higher rpm's. I can't hold a high rpm of 90 to 120 very long as the Creo wants. The Domane is a heavier bike but for me I liked it better evan though it cost a little more $ than the Creo. At this point in time I'm really happy with it and enjoying it more & more as I get more rides in on it. The paint scheme is really cool and I get a lot of compliments on it.

So this might be a stupid question but can you remove the kickstand and what is left underneath? I hate the look of a kickstand on the back of the frame.

Yes I took my kick stand off and there is only two unnoticeable holes in the frame. If you didn't know they where there you'd probably never notice it unless you were looking really close. Does not affect the paint.

The 32 mm tires were stock. I don't know what size it can take as I'm only interested in road riding, not gravel. Before I purchased the Domane+ HP7 I tried out bothe the Domane and the Specialized Creo. I was really wanting to buy the Creo but decided I should at least try the Domane if I was going to spend this money. The Creo was a really nice bike but I liked the Domane better. The Creo may be a better option for a younger rider that can spin at a really high cadense as the Creo is more efficient at higher rpm's. I can't hold a high rpm of 90 to 120 very long as the Creo wants. The Domane is a heavier bike but for me I liked it better evan though it cost a little more $ than the Creo. At this point in time I'm really happy with it and enjoying it more & more as I get more rides in on it. The paint scheme is really cool and I get a lot of compliments on it.
I wouldn't put those 2 bikes in the same category-just by sheer torque and speed of the motors-and no, I'm not looking for a motorcycle, but the creo was just so slow, my strava times on Giant TCR advanced sl road bike (sram red, zip 404's) were not that far off on some climbs than the CREO I had. Looking forward to the Domane+ HP!

Yes I took my kick stand off and there is only two unnoticeable holes in the frame. If you didn't know they where there you'd probably never notice it unless you were looking really close. Does not affect the paint.
It looked like you could remove it fairly easily. Thanks. I might go ride another LT tomorrow just to be sure. I have to say though based on reviews most people really like the HP and seem to have less issues compared to the Fazua bikes, not just the Domane LT of course.

I wouldn't put those 2 bikes in the same category-just by sheer torque and speed of the motors-and no, I'm not looking for a motorcycle, but the creo was just so slow, my strava times on Giant TCR advanced sl road bike (sram red, zip 404's) were not that far off on some climbs than the CREO I had. Looking forward to the Domane+ HP!
So did you order a Domane + HP?

If anyone can help me understand the various "versions" of the Domane+, I would really appreciate it.

My local Trek store has a 56 cm Domane+ in stock and discounted to $5,800. (I think I heard my main contact at the store say $5,200 yesterday when he looked it up in their system). (See here.)

This, however, is clearly not the current version shown in their videos (particularly like the one about Jens Voight mistakenly coming out of retirement). It does not have the assist level interface in the top tube. It is still in the "computer" on the handlebars.

I also keep seeing LT and HP designations thrown around.

If I am spending big $ on a bike like this, I wonder if the discount for a previous model is worth it OR should I just spring for the latest & greatest?

I am currently riding an early gen Conduit+ and like it just fine. Very heavy and I don't love flat handlebars, but it does the trick.

HP uses Bosch, has the 500wh, LT is 'light' with the fazua motor (less torque, range) but lighter bike, smaller looking motor/frame...I think?

If anyone can help me understand the various "versions" of the Domane+, I would really appreciate it.

My local Trek store has a 56 cm Domane+ in stock and discounted to $5,800. (I think I heard my main contact at the store say $5,200 yesterday when he looked it up in their system). (See here.)

That's the 2019 version with the Bosch gen3 motor and longer chain stays.

Thanks for the help. Seems 2019 was just the Domane+. 2020 moved to HP (Bosch) or LT (Fazua).

By using the compare tool at the main Trek website, I was able to confirm the discount price for the 2019 appears to be $5,300.

Key differences (as best as I can tell)
  • Drive - + & HP are Bosch; LT is Fazua
  • Controller - + has Bosch Purion Performance and HP has Bosch Kiox w/ Anti-theft; LT integrated into top tube I think (didn't show up on compare tool for some reason)
  • Handlebar - + has IsoZone; HP & LT have IsoCore
  • Brakeset - + has SRAM; HP & LT have Shimano Ultegra
  • Chain - + has SRAM; HP & LT have Shimano Ultegra
  • Cassette - + has SRAM 11-36; HP has Deore 11-42; LT has Shimano Ultegra 11-34
  • Shifter - + has SRAM; HP & LT have Shimano Ultegra
  • Weight - + 38 lbs; HP 36 lbs; LT 31 lbs

I am assume you love it? Not an inexpensive bike ! Lol!
Assuming a 12k price , it comes down to only 200$/month with a 60month lease option😉. Can sell the car or cars also and finance it.

Trade in the Ford F-150 for A fully loaded Domane + HP !

But what if Bosch will come out with a gen 5 motor later this year ? Lighter , more powerfull, 15% increased efficiency...
There are some big ebike trade events in Europe.
Bulls makes a similar ebike , the Alpine Hawk i think is called , but theirs is aluminum @ 42-45lb.

Assuming a 12k price , it comes down to only 200$/month with a 60month lease option😉. Can sell the car or cars also and finance it.

Trade in the Ford F-150 for A fully loaded Domane + HP !

But what if Bosch will come out with a gen 5 motor later this year ? Lighter , more powerfull, 15% increased efficiency...
There are some big ebike trade events in Europe.
Bulls makes a similar ebike , the Alpine Hawk i think is called , but theirs is aluminum @ 42-45lb.

Are you speculating or do you have information not released to the public?

Are you speculating or do you have information not released to the public?

I do have some news :

It was posted a thread on ebr when the news release came out but only some ebr vip insiders 😉 read it. I discovered it earlier today. I'm on EBR 1x every 10-12days.
Is hard to keep up with all the ebike news/ebr threads.

The Bosch motor software increase is similar with what Tesla is doing.

BUT Tesla is charging 2000$ for a 0.4sec acceleration boost. BOSCH update will be free ??
I know , one is a car , Bosch motor is for an ebike , but still, it is something worth knowing.

Makes one wonder : how much true power is in that Gen. 4 motor ?
95nm , 100nm They went from 75NM to 85NM with just an update, that is impressive. Go to 100NM for an xtra 500$.

Is it good that they are not bringing a totally new gen. 5 motor for 2021 ? Yes . No worries about purchasing a Bosch powered ebike that will be obsolete within a year or two.

If the world class leading Nr. 1 ebike motor which is the TQ motor with 120NM would have been released on ebikes in US, they truly needed a newer motor. For now they do dominate the market.

Bosch , Bring that fast 6amps charger to the US and i promise that i will buy a Bosch ebike. The Trek Domane +HP that is. 4amps is too slow !!

Last edited:
Back