Trek Domane+ HP

Trek is really offering quite a lineup of electric bikes. Interesting to see a larger motor and battery. Probably a bigger market there overall.

Now wondering: Specialized or Trek, @Captain Slow? ;)
Of course the HP model won't be available in Europe...

Yes, the Domane+ HP would be tempting except that I doubt it will be offered in Canada. It obviously is available in the US, and I suppose I could drive down buy one and bring it back. But then I'm paying double tax that way and it makes the bike a lot more expensive.

So it will probably still be the Specialized, but it's a few months away so we'll see ………...……….

38lbs. is impressive but still 20lbs. heavier than a push bike of the same cost. I understand the race to the lightest weight that the bike industry, driven by customer demand and expectations, participates in but my experience is that once you start adding an electric system to a bikes design the difference between an additional 20lbs. and 25lbs. is minor. The increase in weight in a comparative build is just more watts/nm/wh's that can easily negate the extra weight. At least as long as the motor assist is available.

The biggest advantage a bike like this Trek has is that it does have the possibility of being ridden somewhat efficiently in the event you are going for max distance and only using the power sparingly for hills and headwinds or the ability to not get too much of a work out after the battery goes off because you just spent the last hour going full blast in one direction and are now 28 miles from home.

No doubt it is a beautiful machine and a different concept of the drop bar bikes I ride and I just happened to think that I have a contact at a Spec store in town that would probably let me demo a Creo. I'll have to do that next time I go.

BH CREO is another great one !

I feel sorry for all this people who have the fazua / emotion system bikes .
- i said it from day one- inferior amd low power.

With this 28mph/ 500wh or higher eroadbikes :

Trek +HP, a Creo , A BH Core, Bulls Hawk , who in their right mind would want to spend SAME amount of money or more !! For a 18-19mph cut off motor ???

Sell them while you still can !
- even at 50%, is better then almost zero later on.

Last edited:
Attention to details is just amazing!
From the seat stay design to vibration dampeners.
Really great design and must be a delight to ride for a seasoned rider...

1580526461786.png

1580526490891.png

why is it 10lbs heavier then the Oreo ? i mean Creo
- xtra battery wh maybe 1-2lbs, heavier motor 1-2lbs , and the other 6-7lbs of fat are from where ??

Or maybe Creo was weighted in size S with all carbon components and Trek was weighted in size L with the regular aluminum ?

For same price Is too heavy compared to Creo .
38lb vs 28.9lb

How many miles can you get with a charge? Is there still motor drag when unpowered pedaling, like with last year's version?

I haven't had a chance to ride this Domane+ HP, but it does sound like a really nice bike. I'm probably not the market for it because at $7k US it's a lot more than my Creo was at $6k Cdn. - If they were the same price or maybe only a $500 difference then who knows I might have bought the Domane. But I suspect I'd prefer the lighter weight of the Creo.

I did a 75 km ride yesterday on my Cervelo as I decided to do an unpowered ride as riding the Creo was detracting from my fitness. Although the Creo is a nice light ebike, It's still heavy compared to a regular carbon road bike. The difference was noticeable and my Cervelo is just that much more responsive and has a better ride feel.

But I'll still ride the Creo. Last week I did a 100 km ride on the Creo and I felt fine after the ride, no soreness or anything. This morning after doing 75 km's on my Cervelo my muscles are sore and I won't be riding today. Last week I did a mountain bike ride the day after the 100 km's. So if I wanted to do really long days, say 200 km's then this Domane+ HP would be the bike (I think).

I have a Domane+ HP7. It is my first ebike. It took a little getting used to the heavier weight but now it handles really well. the 32 mm tires are really comforable compared to the 25 mm on my Roubaix. I have not had a chance to see what is the maximum distance I can get on this bike yet. I have ridden 60+ miles twice with my regular group ride buddies. Once with 1800 ft. elevation change and once with very strong headwinds. I'm hoping to get 100 miles out of it so I can ride in an upcoming century ride that has about 2800 ft. elevation change.
Bike.jpg

I have been going back and forth between the Specialized Creo comp SL and the Trek Domane LT. I rode the Domane LT a couple weeks ago and wasn't really impressed with it. The new software updating had not been done and that may have made a difference. I thought it really didn't feel easier to ride then my Trek Madone that weighs like 16 lbs. I know if I should have ridden it longer etc but it was a pre sold bike that the dealer was letting me take a brief ride. I then started looking at the HP as it may be more what I am looking for.

@Ezliven are the 32mm tires stock? and do you know what MAX width is for Domane? im on fence of getting one (also thinking about Allant as i'd do some city errands too). And @drodg I just sold my Creo EVO e-gravel bike, it was SOOOOOO slow and poor range. I own a Levo SL with the same motor, and LOVE it on my MTB (I do miss the torque of my previous levo) but, the low weight is pretty insane and I have the extender. For road riding/commuting though, that creo was a toad, was not what I was expecting, FYI....I demo'd a trek super commuter a year ago and was hooked on that speed for the road. (I still have a bad ass carbon road bike, that I just assume ride on the road, as the creo wasnt enough power).

@Ezliven are the 32mm tires stock? and do you know what MAX width is for Domane? im on fence of getting one (also thinking about Allant as i'd do some city errands too). And @drodg I just sold my Creo EVO e-gravel bike, it was SOOOOOO slow and poor range. I own a Levo SL with the same motor, and LOVE it on my MTB (I do miss the torque of my previous levo) but, the low weight is pretty insane and I have the extender. For road riding/commuting though, that creo was a toad, was not what I was expecting, FYI....I demo'd a trek super commuter a year ago and was hooked on that speed for the road. (I still have a bad ass carbon road bike, that I just assume ride on the road, as the creo wasnt enough power).
Thanks. I rode a Giant E Road a couple years ago and though heavy and rough riding it was fast. I rode a Santa Cruz Heckler and I am not ready for a e mtb so not interested but it had insane power. So then I jump on the Trek and I am like really disappointed. So not sure if I shouldn't just wait a year or two until and e bike is a real necessity. Thanks again

Thanks. I rode a Giant E Road a couple years ago and though heavy and rough riding it was fast. I rode a Santa Cruz Heckler and I am not ready for a e mtb so not interested but it had insane power. So then I jump on the Trek and I am like really disappointed. So not sure if I shouldn't just wait a year or two until and e bike is a real necessity. Thanks again
What you experienced with the LT, was what i found with the creo, i was better off riding my 17lb bad ass road bike.

Back