Trek Alliant +7S *8S vs Specialized Vado 4 or 5

I’m quite happy with my allant too. For me it’s checked all the boxes and then some. Total freedom and I get to enjoy the great outdoors, something I didn’t always get to do when I lived in NYC for so many years. Now I’ve returned back home and my allant came with me to my native Chios,Greece. It’s big for a Greek island so I’m lucky there is a very competent e-bike shop here that’s doing tremendous business. E-Bikes and micro-mobility in general definitely are going to continue to grow world-wide. We EBR members are the early adopters but within another year or so e-bikes will become full mainstream if they haven’t already.
Sure wish the +7 had come in silver. Love that color tho the Nautical Navy has really grown on me.

I love that color, it looks almost gold in the pictures. Like @Dallant I have really grown to love the Nautical Blue, it is a very rich color and somewhat understated. I'd be interested in your battery. Bummer you couldn't take it with you. I think you can private message on this forum.

I love that color, it looks almost gold in the pictures. Like @Dallant I have really grown to love the Nautical Blue, it is a very rich color and somewhat understated. I'd be interested in your battery. Bummer you couldn't take it with you. I think you can private message on this forum.
Damn, wish I lived in NYC.

Sure wish the +7 had come in silver. Love that color tho the Nautical Navy has really grown on me.
Can't go wrong with either colour. Both look great and I would be just as happy with the nautical Blue as well. Black, silver, Nautical blue go well with the allant frames, I just wouldn't want say a yellow,red etc which I think fit Trek's eMTB line better. I passed on the allant9.9 carbon cause of the Blk/red.

Funnily enough I posted the same pics on the r/ebikes subreddit on reddit and some made the same comment. I took the photos facing east and had my back to the setting sun in the west.
Honestly, I knew no reputable freight forwarder would have allowed me to ship the bike with the battery. I also delayed my move overseas specifically to get the software update to 85nm torque, got the update and confirmed personally with my own eyes at the Trek LBS and cobi app where it displays the current software build. It cost me all of August riding time but well worth it. In the end my bike arrived undamaged and one week earlier than expected(7 weeks total in transit) all's well that ends well.

edit: Same time , same spot but another photo I took while facing west. Here the matte silver lacks the golden hue from the setting sun.

Attachments

• EFDE62E6-27AE-42C0-B2AB-6D990ADFC6F2.jpeg
    EFDE62E6-27AE-42C0-B2AB-6D990ADFC6F2.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 378
  • AF4820BA-956E-452E-8457-801B7E46825C.jpeg
    AF4820BA-956E-452E-8457-801B7E46825C.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Can't go wrong with either colour. Both look great and I would be just as happy with the nautical Blue as well. Black, silver, Nautical blue go well with the allant frames, I just wouldn't want say a yellow,red etc which I think fit Trek's eMTB line better. I passed on the allant9.9 carbon cause of the Blk/red.

Funnily enough I posted the same pics on the r/ebikes subreddit on reddit and some made the same comment. I took the photos facing east and had my back to the setting sun in the west.
Honestly, I knew no reputable freight forwarder would have allowed me to ship the bike with the battery. I also delayed my move overseas specifically to get the software update to 85nm torque, got the update and confirmed personally with my own eyes at the Trek LBS and cobi app where it displays the current software build. It cost me all of August riding time but well worth it. In the end my bike arrived undamaged and one week earlier than expected(7 weeks total in transit) all's well that ends well.

edit: Same time , same spot but another photo I took while facing west. Here the matte silver lacks the golden hue from the setting sun.
It must have been nerve wracking waiting for it!

It must have been nerve wracking waiting for it!
It sure was. I was worried about it being damaged during loading/unloading by port workers or the ship itself sunk by belligerent neighbor Turkey which claims sovereignty of the waters around the Greek island I live on and of course the dreaded import duties. To my pleasant surprise the frame says " assembled in Germany" (Greece and Germany both EU members of course). I shrewdly pointed it out to the customs officer when he was inspecting the bike which was disassembled in NY before I shipped it out and he waved me on my way duty free. The cost to me shipping from NY to Greece was $310 all paid to the freight forwarder in NY. The $310 included the offloading fee from the container ship. Quite cheap when all things considered, I'm very happy with how the process went.

Last edited:
It sure was. I was worried about it being damaged during loading/unloading by port workers or the ship itself sunk by belligerent neighbor Turkey which claims sovereignty of the waters around the Greek island I live on and of course the dreaded import duties. To my pleasant surprise the frame says " assembled in Germany" (Greece and Germany both EU members of course). I shrewdly pointed it out to the customs officer when he was inspecting the bike which was disassembled in NY before I shipped it out and he waved me on my way duty free. The cost to me shipping from NY to Greece was $310 all paid to the freight forwarder in NY. The $310 included the offloading fee from the container ship. Quite cheap when all things considered, I'm very happy with how the process went.
That's a bargain for sure. Many happy miles to you.

I did it! Traded in my Verve+3 for a new Allant +7S Stagger in blue (grey is back ordered until mid to late November). Can’t wait. My LBS will move over my upgraded pedals, mirror, and bell at no charge. Great shop (Broken Spoke) here in Santa Fe. I’ll keep you posted. I had 900 miles on the Verve in 4 months.
Have you received your bike yet?

Back