Trek 2018 Bike - Powerfly FS9 LT

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
Here is a teaser.

Focal point seems to be the integrated frame design. The verdict is clear. Customers appreciate an elegant design and something that doesn't look like an E-bike.
  • Bosch CX motor
  • FOX 36 E-bike optimized forks
  • SRAM E-block heavy duty cassette and SRAM Eagle chainring.
  • Rockshox dropper post
  • Powerful 2-piston hydraulics
  • 27.5 plus-sized tires
Trek_Powerfly_FS_9_LT.jpg

Last edited:
This IS better. I'm wondering if it will be the same price though. It's different than the European 2018 Powerfly 9 though. Also - no knockblock on the teaser.

Love this bike!

Will be interesting to see more details about the weight, frame geometry, component specs and suspension travel. Nobby Nics and a Fox 36 make for a pretty good start though. Never thought I'd be looking at an e-mountain bike, but after taking my XM700+ on a few mild trails and seeing how it gobbles up the climbs, I'm intrigued :)

Will be interesting to see more details about the weight, frame geometry, component specs and suspension travel. Nobby Nics and a Fox 36 make for a pretty good start though. Never thought I'd be looking at an e-mountain bike, but after taking my XM700+ on a few mild trails and seeing how it gobbles up the climbs, I'm intrigued :)

It would be nice if they could get it under 45lbs, and fit bottle cage bosses on the smaller sizes. I'm guessing they'll use the 160mm front fork version with 15mm axle, but who knows.

I was checking out the 2018 hardtail Powerfly and the specs say it is ready to be accessorized with fenders, rack and lights. But doesn't really give any details. Anyone think this bike could be turned into a viable commuter with integrated lights powered by the Bosch system (I'm assuming fenders and a cargo rack are do-able based on the specs)? I really like the integration of the battery and motor. Seems they've done a bit better with that integration than the Haibike Trekking 4.0. The latter though comes setup as a good commuter with the integrated lights and super moto-x tires:

Possible to get integrated lights on this model?
2914600_2018_A_2_Powerfly_5

Some of them are available now. Check the Trek US site and there are more flavors than the 5, 8 from last year. European markets got 12 new models. 12.. Trek USA also has now tree subject - Ebike Mountain. Regardless of elitist mtb local groups the popularity is growing.

You can add front and rear lights that are made for the Bosch system. Your local bike shop will have to "code" your system to enable the lights.

I have done this on 3 bikes so far, 2 only had the headlight and I added the tail lights and one was a Trek eMTB that came from the factory with no lights at all.

Good luck

jeff

You can add front and rear lights that are made for the Bosch system. Your local bike shop will have to "code" your system to enable the lights.

I have done this on 3 bikes so far, 2 only had the headlight and I added the tail lights and one was a Trek eMTB that came from the factory with no lights at all.

Good luck

jeff
Can you provide any further info or link re: integrating front and rear lights on a Trek eMTB ; ie. which model lights .
Thinking about getting the ePolice .

Can you provide any further info or link re: integrating front and rear lights on a Trek eMTB ; ie. which model lights .

If I had a Bosch bike, I would go with the Supernova M99 series. That is what Trek specs on the Super Commuter+ 8S.

The bike already comes with 800 lumen light. Just like the one that comes with Cross Rip+.
Check the attached photo.
Police ebike.JPG

Back