Transport Vado SL EQ

Ivy326

Region
USA
I have a Vado SL EQ 4.0. When traveling long distances I put it in the back of my car. There is a situation coming up where I won’t be able to do that. I have a Kuat NB 2.0 rack. To use this rack I figure I have 2 options: 1) remove the front fender or 2) attach ratchet arm below fender and secure wheel with another cord. Thoughts on which would be the better way or another suggestion. Also, has anyone placed the ratchet arm over the fender?

I have a Vado SL EQ 4.0. When traveling long distances I put it in the back of my car. There is a situation coming up where I won’t be able to do that. I have a Kuat NB 2.0 rack. To use this rack I figure I have 2 options: 1) remove the front fender or 2) attach ratchet arm below fender and secure wheel with another cord. Thoughts on which would be the better way or another suggestion. Also, has anyone placed the ratchet arm over the fender?
I believe several members here have clamped the wheel just ahead of the fender without any issues. The Vado SL’s fender is relatively short so I don’t think that there would be any need to remove it.

Some have even felt comfortable enough clamping down on the fender itself even though I think Kuat wouldn’t recommend doing so.

Back