Touring Stromer (the long version)

The clearance for the headlight is initially what got me interested in the riser version. I wanted about a 40mm rise, but 50 mm should be okay. I'm going to wait a bit and see if I like my stock bars for now. I cut them down because I need them to be a bit more narrow. I am mainly using the bike to commute to work and I don't want super wide bars. My ideal width is about 630mm.

Happy to help out. Just a thought, depending on whether you plan to use a front handlebar bag or not, with the SG2.5 riser version of the HBar you may very well be able to use the original Stromer headlight brackets and attach your light on the back loop at the stem. Without a bag and with the front loop raised up the light might still function fine and not be obstructed in any meaningful way by the front loop.

@John ware: Hello! I know some of these posts are a little dated...but, can I ask what your final configuration ended up being; is being used ? What is the weight (un)loaded? Any luck with finding front fork panniers w/rack? H bars; rear view mirror; and front fork packs continue to be recommended? Did you ever play with the sprocket size/ratio? Do anything or change out to different battery type/size? Did you find a battery charger your recommend? What were your add on favorites? Thank you!

Finally got my Jones bars done. Wanted to share here since this is the thread that gave me inspiration to follow through. I love the bars. It was a bit pricey to get them installed as the rear hydraulic brake line had to be replaced, as well as the housings, etc. My one crucial error was taking my bike to a non-Stromer bike shop. They busted an internal wire that they've graciously offered to pay for the replacement. I found this out when I took my bike to the Stromer shop for a tune up. If I had to do it again, I would have gone to the Stromer shop and paid a little more. Now I've got to drive up there again to get the cable replaced. Lesson learned.

Back to the bars themselves though, they really make for a comfortable ride. I was having neck pain from leaning forward too far and trying to keep my head up and these bars alleviated that pain. It looks pretty bad ass on the bike too. As for my headlight, I was able to mount it in the normal location. Since the riser has the front bar higher up, it doesn't interfere with the light. The cables do get in the way a bit but I can fix that later, once my busted wire is fixed.

On to the photos! Thanks again to @John ware for the assistance!

20190707_115754.jpg20190707_115808.jpg

Sorry if in duplicate…. I have STI original version Platinum. Does anyone have any recommendations for any type of fork mounted packs, racks etc? Thank you

Back