Total mileage, like a normal speedometer?

GuruUno

I may have asked before, I'm not really sure if it was correctly answered, so I'm asking again; via the selection of the various display modes ON THE BIKE (not on the iPhone or Android screen/app), is there not anywhere to see the total accumulated mileage of the bike as well as any specific ride? (much like the Bosch systems have)

If you toggle your display (by pushing the right or left button) to the 5 different screens, on one screen you will see "odo" (large letters) with total accumulated miles below (small numbers), on another screen you will see "DIST" (this is her default screen) which shows the miles of your current ride (this can be reset after your current ride, or rides, by pushing and releasing both buttons on the display simultaneously OR pressing and holding the minus "-" button on the remote. Some of the fields on each of the screens can be custom set by you. Here are the screens I setup on my wife's Vado 5.0 when we got it. Since taking these photos, on the screen the displays "Power", I changed from cadence (in the left box in the middle of the screen) to heart rate (and pared to her Garmin chest strap). Hope this helps.

IMG_8790.jpg
IMG_8789.jpg
IMG_8788.jpg
IMG_8787.jpg
IMG_8786.jpg

Last edited:
I was also confused when setting up the display about that huge "odo" on there and thought it indicated some sort of error code. Then I finally caught onto the small numbers underneath. I suspect they did it that way because in the larger font they wouldn't be able to fit in all the digits on a bike with high mileage.

Afraid I'm still confused - my 'odo' reads 420, and 'trip' (which I've never reset) reads 440.
It's been that way since I got the bike (Como 4.0, 2020) - the 'odo' number was always less than 'trip'.
Any thoughts?

Afraid I'm still confused - my 'odo' reads 420, and 'trip' (which I've never reset) reads 440.
It's been that way since I got the bike (Como 4.0, 2020) - the 'odo' number was always less than 'trip'.
Any thoughts?
Sounds like a weird anomaly. Probably best to reset the “DIST” setting to zero, then track the new miles on both “DIST” and “odo” to see if they line up. If not, your display may have an issue that needs repair or replacement. If you haven’t already done so, I’d take a photo of both the “DIST” and “odo” screens before resetting in case you need to show it to your LBS.

Good idea, will do, thanks.
Not sure if relevant, but my 'odo' is in a small font, with the mileage in a large font - the opposite of what was posted above.

I was also confused when setting up the display about that huge "odo" on there and thought it indicated some sort of error code. Then I finally caught onto the small numbers underneath. I suspect they did it that way because in the larger font they wouldn't be able to fit in all the digits on a bike with high mileage.
My Vado 5 SL display has the odometer mileage in large text and small font “odo” below. With my display there looks to be room for 4 digits. So I guess my odometer will turn over at 10,000 miles.

Back