Torque vs speed

Off road all day

Right now i have a frame mounted 450 watt motor on the left side but i ride on road, off road and deer trails. I don't have enough torque for off road. I have bought a larger gear (16 tooth to 28 tooth) for off road for the rear hub, but that's going to drop speed by almost %50.
First question is will a mid drive solve this issue by allowing me to change gears with the bikes shifter (expensive)
Second, can i swap the peddles and front 3 gears to the left side (no click), put a single gear on the disc brake mount, then mount the motor on the right side and use the right shifter for torque or speed. The motor i have can be reversed by changing the pos and neg wires.

"First question is will a mid drive solve this issue by allowing me to change gears with the bikes shifter (expensive)"

Short answer yes. You can get a 36v BBS01 or TSDZ2 kit mid motor for around $350.

A picture of your current setup and what type of battery you have would make things more clear about your current situation.

I'm 24 volt 450 watts, it cost me $500 for the lithium LG 30 amp hour i have, i was running 2, 12 volt 4 wheeler batteries in series for 24 volts in a basket behind the seat. 20 amp hours each, try that off road on a bike. Center of gravity was way high and all at the rear. At times the bike tried to turn around the motor.
Just general info, if you do not have the weight distributed evenly over the bike and low buy knee pads, just physics.
Thanks JRA, way we go brother!

Attachments

• DSC07564.JPG
    DSC07564.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 412
Last edited:
Back