Today My Love of Bikes Really Hit Home

TomAllyn

The very first bike I ever purchased myself was an inexpensive Fuji Thrill. It's set for years, but it was the bike that I learned to do my own bike maintenance on. I still have the bike and decided to pass onto a family member. So today I took it to the Sacramento Bike Kitchen along with a new of Shimano shifter/brake combo set, grips, and a new seat. I paid the $5 donation to be able to use their tools, I donated all my bike tools to them several years ago. Got everything installed and tuned and the bike rides well. I came home and gave the bike to my son. It's been several years since I've ridden and riding the bike to test my handy work today just reminded me how much I love to ride. I cannot wait till I am able to pick up my first ebike one way or another despite physical challenges of nerve damage in my right hand and arm I'm going to make it work for me.

I wish you good luck with your coming ebike. Have you decided on what kind of bike / model you will go for ?

I wish you good luck with your coming ebike. Have you decided on what kind of bike / model you will go for ?

My current plan is to do a DIY build. I've just made an offer on a Breezer Lightning frame - its CroMo so it will be heavy, but the asking price is so low that even if I don't get it for my offer I could pay the asking price and be doing well. For motor I think I'll be going with a Bafang BBSO2 Kit. None of this is set in stone yet.

Back