To the ST1 that I ran into today...

I can hit 32 downhill , and not a small hill in "power" . i have seen 33 once, i want this mod!!! I would guess a different large ring??

If it was an ST2 I see that. My bike w/the same city kit looks a lot like a 2 if you aren't careful

Caveat: I swapped out my tires when I bought my bike, and I've never done a true calibration for the circumference setting in the computer. So it's possible my speedometer is slightly off.

It's an odd sensation watching a bike pull away while I'm doing 52 km/h.

With my Stromer, I can go above 52 km/h. Not downhill, in the plain and without wind. Gear settings are 52 / 11, this means 1rpm = approx. 10m. With a ST1, I couldn't exceed 48 km/h - even with 4 Bar, fully charged battery an all the strength I have. The reason might be the efficiency of the ST1 motor. Above 45 km/h, most electrical power is transformed into heat.

So, maybe you've met a classic Stromer. Easy to identify by the color of its motor.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I can hit 32 downhill , and not a small hill in "power" . i have seen 33 once, i want this mod!!! I would guess a different large ring??
The term dongled is your clue. I've seen 40 mph on my Haibike, downhill and pedaling like a mofo! 28 - 33 is actually quite common in Trubo. -S

Bah, back in the day they were a few hills where I could hit 58-9kph on my stock circa 95 Raleigh mountain bike!

/end thread! :)

Well that bike didn't have the weight or motor which these do. I would like to go faster , I wish I knew what was done. I doubt their are any of the Euro spec hot rods here in the States but maybe :)

If it was an ST2 I see that. My bike w/the same city kit looks a lot like a 2 if you aren't careful

Platinum? My ST1 hits 30mph with relative ease. Peddling hard but not all out. Usually in City mode set at 50.

Back