Tires for the 2.0

gthax

Region
USA
Does anybody know if the 2.0 model rims and frame clearance can accommodate the 20x4 size tires? Can't find any info on this. Or anybody know where to get some good 20x3 tires and tubes? Thanks.

Last edited:
The only reason for 4" tires is to use in snow or at the beach. Is that your plan? Otherwise most of the "experts" feel it's just a fad. I have the 1.0 with 4" tires and I replaced them once worn out for 3.5" Kenda kraze (as narrow as the rims allow). Better ride, steer, feel and added range. I'm in Florida near the beach so I will admit that the 4" knobby tires were a little better at the beach but not by enough to make me want to switch back.

The Kenda "Flame" is also found under the brand name Sunlite. Same factory, same tire. Kenda has a pretty good rep.

Very shortly after getting my 2.0 step thru I rubbed the rear sidewall on a curb, puncturing the tube and damaging the tire. I fixed it with a tire boot and some shoe goo... but I was able to order a replacement from Rad Power Bikes. You are right, 20x3.0 are kind of hard to come by right now.

I ordered a CST Big Boat 20x3.0.

Lectric has replacements to order, but they are sold as a set of two, $80, and they are some kind of CST as well. I asked if the rim would take other sizes like a 20x4.0 but didn't get a straight answer (the customer service rep didn't seem to understand what I was asking)

Anyhow, the 20x3.0 seems pretty ideal for the broken excuses for sidewalks we have around here.

I had an email conversation with customer service back in june, they mentioned that while the 2.0 was initially intended to keep the 4” tires, they made the change to 3” for improved maneuverability and to accommodate the suspension fork they had sourced.

I haven't put mine on yet, but it is the same size as the stock tire. It's not as knobby either. Since my original tire repair is still holding I think it will be a while before I swap but I don't perceive any problem.
Thanks so these tires would be better for street sidewalk then the stock 2.0 since they are knobbier? Is that correct? Thanks again!

Thanks so these tires would be better for street sidewalk then the stock 2.0 since they are knobbier? Is that correct? Thanks again!
the CST Big Boat tires are less knobby, they are an all purpose tire with reflective sidewall and some added puncture resistance in the tread area (according to their marketing)…. they would be fine for pavement and packed gravel use.

Back