Thudbuster Alternative?

Riversurf

A well-meaning sibling sent me a Thudbuster LT seat post. The original post has suspension, but nothing as beefy as the Thud. Problem is, it raises my seat height about 1.5 inches, which is a bummer. I really wanted to try it. Anybody know of a shorter option? Thanks

Not sure, Riversurf; check out our Seatpost Article for some ideas; one person mentioned a Suntour NCX. Are you not able to drop the post height enough to make your Thudbuster work? Any suspension post with this design will raise the saddle height some but if you could lower the post once you sit on the saddle, it might work. Also if you have a very "poofy" saddle, you might consider a thinner topped one, you might not need so much padding with a Thudbuster or Suntour NCX.

Suntour-NCX-seatpost.jpg

Not sure, Riversurf; check out our Seatpost Article for some ideas; one person mentioned a Suntour NCX. Are you not able to drop the post height enough to make your Thudbuster work? Any suspension post with this design will raise the saddle height some but if you could lower the post once you sit on the saddle, it might work. Also if you have a very "poofy" saddle, you might consider a thinner topped one, you might not need so much padding with a Thudbuster or Suntour NCX.

View attachment 24576
Even when the flange of the post is butted up against the seat tube, the seat's too high. I'll check out the Suntour and its dimensions.

Back