Throttle ? Yes or no ?

I am a former throttle afficianoso, however, after reading and sharing with this group, I have decided to have all my throttles removed.
Keep in mind, removing the throttle doesn't legally convert your class 2 bike into a class 1 in some jurisdictions. Since class stickers and throttles are easily altered or removed, law enforcement in some locations, including the park rangers in my home state, use a list by make & model to determine the class of a bike. It would be a good idea to check the laws in the places you ride.

Wouldn't it be easier to simply not use your throttle instead of removing it?

Whoops I thought we were
Whoops I thought we were i
Ask a friend
Or perhaps even better would be to not give a šŸ’© what other ideo_illogical people say or do and make a decision based on your own needs and uses.
Ohhh! Your in trouble.... having a laugh? Itā€™s not on!!
His girlfriend will be over shortly to sort you out with a strongly worded post and youā€™ll be thrown out the gang deemed ā€œnot suitableā€.... too funny....youā€™re guilty!
I only said heā€™d ā€œtold his mumā€ yesterday and you saw how we were nearly lynched!
Youā€™re in trouble.... a real swear word too! Wowee! šŸ˜

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask a friend

Ohhh! Your in trouble.... having a laugh? Itā€™s not on!!
His girlfriend will be over shortly to sort you out with a strongly worded post and youā€™ll be thrown out the gang deemed ā€œnot suitableā€.... too funny....youā€™re guilty!
I only said heā€™d ā€œtold his mumā€ yesterday and you saw how we were nearly lynched!
Youā€™re in trouble.... a real swear word too! Wowee! šŸ˜
Poopy ain't no swear word šŸ™ƒ

i went the other way and disconnected pas on my vintage kit mtbs. i used to ride both of them a lot until father time got in the way, but i still like to use them as a pedal bike until the going gets too much. pas just rubs me the wrong way, especially since bafang bbs decided if you turned off pas, it also disables throttle.

Back