throttle override on easy motion bikes?

Looks good @Pablo L ! Driving the 5V through the button to bypass the input from the sensor might work, but I think after the controller calibrates the "no torque" position on every boot, it also expects "wiggle" from the signal, so a flat voltage will be ignored after a couple seconds, so you might need an active gate or something (pushable wiper/potentiometer like you have there?) to go with the button, that strobes the signal.

Looks good @Pablo L ! Driving the 5V through the button to bypass the input from the sensor might work, but I think after the controller calibrates the "no torque" position on every boot, it also expects "wiggle" from the signal, so a flat voltage will be ignored after a couple seconds, so you might need an active gate or something (pushable wiper/potentiometer like you have there?) to go with the button, that strobes the signal.

Thanks for your reply!. I will try this circuit first. If it works, i will put a astable LM555 instead of the pot.

Wow this thread took a turn from the intent of the OP. I don't have an issue with any of it, throttle is in my opinion a manual PAS system. I look at it that way from experience; my first ebike was a ProdecoTech with throttle and for whatever the reason I could not ride it without pedaling. I get on a bicycle and I have to pedal, it's weird, I can't ride it like a scooter.

I know just as many people that have home brewed bikes as people with factory bikes and the DIY's I've seen in the wild all have throttle and most are very nicely built. They seem safe, not overly powered and the owners have spent some real money on them, as much or more as I paid for my Evo 29'er. I know one guy that has a 1000 watt front hub bike that looks like a disaster, but I've known him more than a year and he keeps on truckin', thousands of miles a year. Then you go on the internet and it seems like no amount of watts and speed is ever enough. Note: Seems! Taking my real world experience into account and knowing DIY'ers that doesn't seem to be the norm. I can say this, when most of the DIY'ers see my BH and hear what I paid for it they all want one.

Now that I've owned a bike with torque sensing PAS for 8 months, I want nothing less. I've ridden very nice DIY built and factory built cadence sensing and for me they just don't compare. I'd rather have a throttle to better match my human torque and cadence, but that's more work than torque sensing PAS. I have a 20 mph throttle only mode on the BH, I'm glad I have it just in case, but really never use it.

JR-I agree.I have the Evo Jet and have the throttle, but hardly ever use it. Nice to know it is there if I need it though! I have been riding my Evo Jet for about 4 months and am 750 miles in with no real issues. What a great bike and the 350 watt motor gets me going quick and easy every time. I like the way the throttle is set up with having to switch to no PAS to activate. That is my preference to setup including the 'fast' default in all PAS levels from the factory. Easy Motion is a real quality build IMHO. I think my next purchase may be a BH Speed Pedelec class 3 for more speed. I keep watching Lenny's for a great buy!! Ride Safe!

Back