Throttle only?

All you lucky Canadians got your bikes from the last shipment. Lucky you know whats. I am truly very happy for you and appreciate all your good tips and entertainment. Apparently I was the only US buyer. DHL wouldn't ship the dangerous(too fast) bike. They sent bike back to Teo Friday, when he left for vacation. Double bummer. So hopefully I'll get it after he gets back.
Does the bike have just throttle only? I thought I saw a post that said you had to pedal a little first. Got stuck on a hill with a rental that had just throttle only if you wanted to use it, and just hit the throttle. Couldn't have pedaled first.

@j petersen , Teo has a cadence sensor on the main crank, so when you pedal you can select the power of assist from Pas-1 to Pas-9, you can also use throttle when you too tired or just do not feel like pedaling, however you do need to turn the pedals like half a turn for the throttle to kick in, it is a safety future.

@j petersen , Teo has a cadence sensor on the main crank, so when you pedal you can select the power of assist from Pas-1 to Pas-9, you can also use throttle when you too tired or just do not feel like pedaling, however you do need to turn the pedals like half a turn for the throttle to kick in, it is a safety future.

Oh, you mean like hitting the throttle with the bike in the house. Maybe I could get some proper insurance, then have an 'accident'.
Thanks for the response and help

In description on their page it does say 9 PAS and throttle. Not much more.

"Normally", throttle can be activated any time without needing to rotate pedals, - yes, like hitting the button accidentally when in house. Though in reality this accident rarely happens because (normally) there is an Off button on the battery or on handlebars for the entire system, so nothing would happen if you hit the throttle. Keeping it this way - always ready, unless locked off - helps when you need to start off the red light, and it is more intuitive, you don't need to use legs first and hands second, - just hit the button or twist the grip.

In models where throttle can be locked off (to prevent accidental activation), while keeping PAS active, this is done through a separate button or through display. Unlocking throttle through the cadence sensor would be unusual - don't know, maybe they really did it this way.
OTH, PAS is always activated through pedals rotation.

Last edited:
I forgot that @Denis Shelston has covered this here. Thank you Denis.
Thanks AguassissiM, I can see the pros and cons(not the thief type) both ways on this issue. Since I won't have people messing with my bike, I'd prefer to have the 'gas-n-go' feature. As I mentioned, when stopped on a hill, nice to just hit the gas. I had watched my buddy do it. He just stood on the outside pedal, hit the throttle, then as he started up the hill he then threw his leg over the bike to get on. A little tricky, but he was riding while I was pushing my bike up this steep section of paved bike trail. Not really even a good chance to get up on the bike and then make a few pedals.

I'd prefer to have the 'gas-n-go' feature. As I mentioned, when stopped on a hill, nice to just hit the gas. I had watched my buddy do it. He just stood on the outside pedal, hit the throttle, then as he started up the hill he then threw his leg over the bike to get on.
Yes. This is how throttle should work - without rotating pedals half a turn.

Note that throttle on some bikes would only go up to the current level of PAS, i.e. when PAS =1, throttle will barely move the bike, no matter how hard you twist the grip. On some other it will "override" the PAS, i.e. throttle will open up to the max power of motor even on PAS=1.

Back