Thoughts on the Bee Cool Pathfinder Step-Thru for a newb?

Thumbszilla

Region
USA
I'm new to ebikes and am in the market for my first one. I came across the Bee Cool Pathfinder Step-Thru and since it checked nearly every box for me I just put an order in. I'd love to hear any thoughts / feedback about this bike; thanks for your help!

6_0b6e0b75-5d19-4e07-bb4a-579dacf9a016_1200x.jpg

5_e96503f8-60c2-4b8a-988c-6cd1e3bc69c5_1200x.jpg

Things I wanted / like about this bike:
  • "Go anywhere use" with upright(ish) seating position
  • Front suspension AND seat suspension
  • Color LCD
  • Hydraulic brakes
  • 48V 20Ah battery with 40-65 mile range
  • Fat tires
  • Mounting points on main post
  • Sub $2K price point
  • Included fenders / rear rack
  • 750W motor
  • 2 year warranty
  • Step-thru design
  • Horn and turn signals
Things I'm questioning / second guessing:
I also considered the Himiway Zebra but there are no mounting points or a color display, and I LOVE the Aventon Aventure but I wanted a larger battery / range. Are there any other competing models I should consider?

Last edited:
I'm new to ebikes and am in the market for my first one. I came across the Bee Cool Pathfinder Step-Thru and since it checked nearly every box for me I just put an order in. I'd love to hear any thoughts / feedback about this bike; thanks for your help!

View attachment 108083
View attachment 108084
Things I wanted / like about this bike:
  • "Go anywhere use" with upright(ish) seating position
  • Front suspension AND seat suspension
  • Color LCD
  • Hydraulic brakes
  • 48V 20Ah battery with 40-65 mile range
  • Fat tires
  • Mounting points on main post
  • Sub $2K price point
  • Included fenders / rear rack
  • 750W motor
  • 2 year warranty
  • Step-thru design
  • Horn and turn signals
Things I'm questioning / second guessing:
I also considered the Himiway Zebra but there are no mounting points or a color display, and I LOVE the Aventon Aventure but I wanted a larger battery. Are there any other competing models I should consider?

It looks fine. My only concern is it weighs 81 lbs.

On first glance the controller box housing around the bottom bracket looks almost identical to the one used on the iGo Core Extreme 3.0 so presumably built in the same factory. The Bafang hub motor used on the iGo Extreme (and the previous RadRover) was 500w nominally rated, so that’s likely also true of the Bee Pathfinder despite the 750w description, if it’s from the same factory as iGo. There are motor and controller upgrades available for Bafang hub motor ebikes from aftermarket sellers like Bolton and electrobikeworld in case you find you need more power. The 3a charger on your bike should help you charge that big heavy 20ah battery a bit quicker.

I recommend comparing the Bee Pathfinder against the RadRover 6 Plus Step-Thru or the Aventon Aventure step through which both weigh less.

Last edited:
Back