Those battery shipping scammers.

tomjasz

Region
USA
City
Minnesnowta
I’m waiting to hear from UPS but I paid hazmat shipping fees but apparently the custom build hasn’t been UN certified. Hazmat label removed to ship.

Still an industry dirty, not so little, secret.

A seller often recommended. Not Jenny Mao.
8982ABAB-F2FD-427F-B2FB-28DE205A567C.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep, I'm looking at my last Yamaha battery I got this summer, picked up and shipped through UPS. California to New Jersey. That missing plastic label is marked " UPS Hazardous Materials Shipping Papers Enclosed" and within that plastic label is a paper label, copies of what is within the box, who the shipper is, UN number and other info pertaining to the battery (for folks like @ruffruff who may not know.

Illegal and unethical. My guess is that the local shipper was not qualified/certified to ship out the battery. Their solution? Remove the label and the unwary local UPS shippers don't have a clue as to what's inside the box.

I bought two ebike batteries this summer, from the same big vendor with a US warehouse. One shipped legal thru ebay. One did not (no un580 label) via amazon. Both from same warehouse. Go figure. There is a $50K fine when they catch you,

I bought two ebike batteries this summer, from the same big vendor with a US warehouse. One shipped legal thru ebay. One did not (no un580 label) via amazon. Both from same warehouse. Go figure. There is a $50K fine when they catch you,
I’m thinking the margins are huge and they can’t be touched in China. An amazing number of the packs are generic or class B cells. Sadly budgets rule for us.

You want to hear a great UPS hazemat shipping story. OK I'll tell you.
A few years back I was doing some design work for a guy. He wanted the piece fast and asked me to overnight it.
So I grabbed a box, put the piece in it and shipped it overnight UPS to Pennsylvania. $80.00 or something like that.

I track it and watch it get all the way to the destination city and then it gets sent back and their is another $80.00 charge on my UPS account.
I call and they say it's hazardous material. DOOHH I reused a printer toner box and apparently that's some level of hazardous material and I didn't remove the "D" sticker???

They wouldn't reverse any charges so I spent $160 to send a package to Pennsylvania and back! :mad:
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back