Thinking real hard on this...

Nvreloader

Western Nevada
Region
USA
I have been looking real hard on this for bike camping/hunting trips.
I do love a good hot cup of Jo when out and about,
especially when it is cold outside.

Your thoughts or suggestions.......
Don

I have been looking real hard on this for bike camping/hunting trips.
I do love a good hot cup of Jo when out and about,
especially when it is cold outside.

Your thoughts or suggestions.......
Don
I used a similar device as a "tabletop campfire" burning pine cones and softwood mostly ... I wasn't impressed... only lasts a few minutes before needing refilled, and would take many refills to boil even a cup of water . YMMV.

In southern Indiana, you have to go 70 miles sometimes to find a bike tire or tube, or more to find a 120 vac outlet to charge up your battery. You are never more than 12 miles from a hot cup of coffee in a store or gas station. Maybe in the wilds of British Columbia you need one of these, but not east of Ablilene TX "where the west begins". Then there is the wet wood problem. Sometimes it rains for days.

Thanks Guys, Indy
Maybe in your part of the world, around here, 50-100 miles between gas stations is the norm, as for finding a charging spot is about the same, and the same for finding a hot cup of JO.
You guys back East get all the rain, around here we average 4-5" per year, and everything is so dry, even the sage bunnies carry canteens.. lol
Our wet weather/season will provide some moisture, about every 10+ yrs we get a GOOD wet season with a rain/snow fall of 8-10", if we are lucky, very dry so far.
I just thought that the KK would be nice to have around for a quick cup of JO/Tea or Chocolate for a pick me up, when stopping for a break when riding. My usual trip is about 40+ miles and this old bod gets kinds tired some times.
I know a couple of my G-daughter's that would get a kick out of using it. With a small lite SS pan/wire rack and very quick meal could be whipped up with some hot dogs/spam or Bacon/eggs and a small loaf of bread, can make some good eating sandwiches, and I can move it to whatever ride I am using or the 4x4's.
Tia,
ps, I'll find out shortly.......

Thanks Guys, Indy
Maybe in your part of the world, around here, 50-100 miles between gas stations is the norm, as for finding a charging spot is about the same, and the same for finding a hot cup of JO.
You guys back East get all the rain, around here we average 4-5" per year, and everything is so dry, even the sage bunnies carry canteens.. lol
Our wet weather/season will provide some moisture, about every 10+ yrs we get a GOOD wet season with a rain/snow fall of 8-10", if we are lucky, very dry so far.
I just thought that the KK would be nice to have around for a quick cup of JO/Tea or Chocolate for a pick me up, when stopping for a break when riding. My usual trip is about 40+ miles and this old bod gets kinds tired some times.
I know a couple of my G-daughter's that would get a kick out of using it. With a small lite SS pan/wire rack and very quick meal could be whipped up with some hot dogs/spam or Bacon/eggs and a small loaf of bread, can make some good eating sandwiches, and I can move it to whatever ride I am using or the 4x4's.
Tia,
ps, I'll find out shortly.......
I think it would cook a hot dog or warm soup OK. I think boiling water is probably too much to ask, but let us know. The one I used was kind of fun, but quite wimpy.

Art
According to the KK information section, the base camp (biggest model) @ 54 FL OZ will boil in 3 to 5 min, that seems very fast compared to a stove. ymmv

Art
According to the KK information section, the base camp (biggest model) @ 54 FL OZ will boil in 3 to 5 min, that seems very fast compared to a stove. ymmv
That would be awesome. Even if we had to carry some solid fuel to get that kind of performance, it would be excellent. The system I was messing with probably held 6 or 7 oz max.3 or 4 pinecones and some sticks,,,

Last edited:
Pine cones burn very well and can be found easily. Perfect when you are camping.

I have a jetboil type stove and it boils in the same time as this. Pretty cool, except when you run out of gas.

thanx,did bookmark this,problem is i would probably just let it sit in the closet till i gave it away,the "rocket stove" principle is awesome,thank you for sharing.

From what I have been reading, it seems that several "Fatwood" fire starter sticks are the perfect choice, lasts a long time for a complete meal/cooking time etc.
Around here there is miles of dry sagebrush limbs/twigs that are about "little finger" size, and sagebrush burn very hot.

I was wondering about the US military Trox tabs, I used a ton of that stuff + C- 4 for cooking, you don't see the Trox tabs around much, maybe the US military went to something else for the troops?

From what I have been reading, it seems that several "Fatwood" fire starter sticks are the perfect choice, lasts a long time for a complete meal/cooking time etc.
Around here there is miles of dry sagebrush limbs/twigs that are about "little finger" size, and sagebrush burn very hot.

I was wondering about the US military Trox tabs, I used a ton of that stuff + C- 4 for cooking, you don't see the Trox tabs around much, maybe the US military went to something else for the troops?
Never used trox tabs, but I've burned a lot of fatwood here in the wet and moldy east and I think they would be great. Maybe with a couple of charcoal briquettes if you need something that burns a long time?

Back