Thinking of getting a Rad City 4 bike

wings02

I'm looking at a Rad City 4 Ebike. Another finalist would the Juiced Cross Current S2 bike. I am aware of the problematic customer service issues people talk about with Juiced bikes but I want together some opinions of the performance of the bikes. The Juiced has the added feature of a torque sensor. Can anyone give some input of the two bikes?
thank you!

Rad City is a great bike for flat terrain, it includes the rack and fenders in the price.

The direct drive motor needs to be updated to a geared hub IMHO. It struggles on inclines.

Rad City is a great bike for flat terrain, it includes the rack and fenders in the price.

The direct drive motor needs to be updated to a geared hub IMHO. It struggles on inclines.
Agreed, especially with the part it needs to be updated. There are a lot of people that own and love this bike, but honestly, they have to be light weight riders or they ride in an area with little in the way of hills. GREAT bike, but down on power compared to other bikes on the market.

I have a Radrover and the wife has a Radcity Step-Thru. The only thing she doesn't like about her Radcity is when going down hills and direct drive motor regen brakes. She has to pedal down hills to maintain her speed; while, I have to use my brakes to keep from accelerating faster with my geared hub. No issues on level ground or up inclines because she is only 130lbs. I'm pushing max weight on my Rover and I need the 2X extra tq of the gear hub up inclines or a stiff headwind.

We have two Radcity 2019 versions, wife’s bike at 4000 miles has only had a front wheel cone nut issue due to being too tight and I forgot to check it. Mine lost a motor around 400 miles, controller around 5000 miles. Mine has the Bolton controller/display upgrade and now will blast up hills that were impossible with the stock controller. I stay off the steep mountain roads after a scary ride down with full brakes and still going too fast around curves.

Back