The "UNOFFICIAL" Hydra FAQ thread....

Iā€™m sorry, Perhaps I was a little strong with my comment I just want everyone to be on the same page. Trying to put together parts to put these bikes together is a Herculean task right now. I am by no means an expert on hubs and wouldnā€™t know the difference between two if you showed it to me. if I ask Pushkar for anything special I always include the message like if this is going to be a hassle for you donā€™t worry about it I know you are very busy and I donā€™t want to slow up everyone elseā€™s bike.
thank you
gary

Iā€™m sorry, Perhaps I was a little strong with my comment I just want everyone to be on the same page. Trying to put together parts to put these bikes together is a Herculean task right now. I am by no means an expert on hubs and wouldnā€™t know the difference between two if you showed it to me. if I ask Pushkar for anything special I always include the message like if this is going to be a hassle for you donā€™t worry about it I know you are very busy and I donā€™t want to slow up everyone elseā€™s bike.
thank you
gary
I didn't take it personally Gary. No sweat. Also wasn't thinking Pushkar might offer anything special. More like just providing the possibility of an upgrade like with forks and shocks. šŸ‘ Besides Pushkar has more of my money than my present order requires and this way he wouldn't have to credit my card back. šŸ¤£

FWIW you guys were talking about hubs. A decent hub I have been using for a couple of years is Hope Tech. I ride the heck out of my wheels and haven't had any issues so far. Still true as the day I laced em up. I think with the Quanta hubs you might be on borrowed time, my buddy's Vapour came with those Non-boost.
I think they are the Pro 4 series, 32 spoke, 110mm front and 148mm rear. I think the front was $100 or so and the rear double that. My buddy bought some Industry 9 hubs and Cha- ching.

It would be nice to know if Pushkar has identified one indeed.

The section right behind the Top triangle axis should be about 23mm wide by 33 mm high, so it may be tight to fit the wraparound I find on amazon that usually have a 30mm height limit.

The section right behind the Swingarm axis should be around 16mm wide by 41mm high, a motorcycle one like below could definitely be adapted to mount there, but the question is whether the length will be good or need to be modified.

Or something that mounts on the rear axle

You could also make a custom clamp that would receive one like this

Older thread

Last edited:
I think with weight being such a big concern cleaning mine on a rock or setting it down gingerlyšŸ˜Š

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 7.04.55 PM.png

I have one. Works great.

View attachment 84353

I have one. Works great.
Looks like a great solution for my Hydra, thanks for posting. Anxious to be able to do the measurements to order the right size.

I saw Facebook and Instagram WW have the 5 inch tires. Can that fit on the Hydra with the current rear triangle and fat rim?

I wonder if anyone has their new Hydra yet. Hopefully, the first batch of Helios frames will be arriving at Pushkar's shop soon.

I wonder if anyone has their new Hydra yet. Hopefully, the first batch of Helios frames will be arriving at Pushkar's shop soon.
Not yet. Pushkar said in another thread he gets about 10 painted frames tomorrow so the initial builds should take place this week.

Yes like everything else in Covid times it is taking longer than it should. Pushkar said he hoped to be picking up about 10 frames on Monday so if all goes well will be seeing some nice colorful Frame pics by Tuesday

A old post from Pushkar says 5.0 will fit....
Post in thread 'FS Watt Wagons'
https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/fs-watt-wagons.39006/post-356729
I believe he shows the width of wide Hydra rear swing arm....
-BB
Good luck with that. Itā€™s not only the width but the height. The tires on the bike I posted are 26X5.05 and are taller than the 26X4.8 I prev had on it. They ā€œfitā€ if you call fitting being able to get your finger between the frame and the tire. Personally Iā€™d like a little more clearance.

Yeah, I asked the question myself. IMO that tire doesnā€™t have enough clearance for any deflection or trail debris if you ride offroad. Really depends on what your definition of ā€œfitā€ is.
That was my point here....
-BB

Back