The transition

With eBikes in my Nor. Cal. climate I have been liberated! I have been able to go car free since January 20th of 2018. That is over six-years of not looking for parking or waiting at traffic lights. I cross town 2X faster than the people suck in cages, some are large cages. But they are all made of foil. Some burn smoky dinosaurs others require proprietary chargers and batteries, with title, tax, and insurance as the cream and costly cherry on top. Plus payments. Now I am free. I also went 'smart phone' free. Those are dumbing. That is wonderful and amazing. Everyone should try it. A mom wanted to use her phone yesterday but couldn't because her two-year-old found out how to scroll Netflix. The 13-year-old wanted a 40 mph electric motorcycle and she wanted to buy him one. Those kids eat candy for breakfast because that is what they demand. I tried to say, 'You don't really want an electric motorcycle'. The impact of falling three feet from a one story window is survivable at 20 mph. The impact from falling from an fourth story window at 40 mph is most likely to make for death, ICU brokenness, or permanent veg. That is exactly what she wants for her teen to keep him from whining.

Last edited:
I read at 1000 wpm and listen at 80 wpm. Guess which media I prefer?
I am actually a rather slow reader nowadays; I always have to keep going back to reread something then flip forward again 🙃 to where I was. Senility is a terrible thing...

With eBikes in my Nor. Cal. climate I have been liberated! I have been able to go car free since January 20th of 2018. That is over six-years of not looking for parking or waiting at traffic lights. I cross town 2X faster than the people suck in cages, some are large cages. But they are all made of foil. Some burn smoky dinosaurs others require proprietary chargers and batteries, with title, tax, and insurance as the cream and costly cherry on top. Plus payments. Now I am free. I also went 'smart phone' free. Those are dumbing. That is wonderful and amazing. Everyone should try it. A mom wanted to use her phone yesterday but couldn't because her two-year-old found out how to scroll Netflix. The 13-year-old wanted a 40 mph electric motorcycle and she wanted to buy him one. Those kids eat candy for breakfast because that is what they demand. I tried to say, 'You don't really want an electric motorcycle'. The impact of falling three feet from a one story window is survivable at 20 mph. The impact from falling from an fourth story window at 40 mph is most likely to make for death, ICU brokenness, or permanent veg. That is exactly what she wants for her teen to keep him from whining.
Aging makes it worse . Even a 20 mph collision at 70 years of age will be crippling. A 40 mph collision means death. That (plus the size/weight of modern SUVs) keeps me away from motorcycles.

With eBikes in my Nor. Cal. climate I have been liberated! I have been able to go car free since January 20th of 2018. That is over six-years of not looking for parking or waiting at traffic lights. I cross town 2X faster than the people suck in cages, some are large cages. But they are all made of foil. Some burn smoky dinosaurs others require proprietary chargers and batteries, with title, tax, and insurance as the cream and costly cherry on top. Plus payments. Now I am free. I also went 'smart phone' free. Those are dumbing. That is wonderful and amazing. Everyone should try it. A mom wanted to use her phone yesterday but couldn't because her two-year-old found out how to scroll Netflix. The 13-year-old wanted a 40 mph electric motorcycle and she wanted to buy him one. Those kids eat candy for breakfast because that is what they demand. I tried to say, 'You don't really want an electric motorcycle'. The impact of falling three feet from a one story window is survivable at 20 mph. The impact from falling from an fourth story window at 40 mph is most likely to make for death, ICU brokenness, or permanent veg. That is exactly what she wants for her teen to keep him from whining.we are so good at finding ways to get killed or hurt.
despite how "tough" some think they are we are just bags of protoplasm with brittle limestone bones, we are so clever at finding ways to get hurt.

I am actually a rather slow reader nowadays; I always have to keep going back to reread something then flip forward again 🙃 to where I was. Senility is a terrible thing...
dementia seems to be knocking at the front door wanting in,i have had so many concussions i lost count from a baseball bat in the face to being knocked out twice in grade school'the last bad one was when i fell off the roof at moms house, the recent bike plants never knocked me out( find a better place to ride? or just hike? egads.

again vado!

I have no idea how fast I read, but I have been known to stare at the same word for more than ten minutes.
At least it felt like ten minutes. 😂

Well, here's the turning point.

Couldn't really see anything but white smoke. Said it was a trike, so maybe homemade ... anyway one of the busiest and most public spots in London ... they'll be looking to scapegoat someone or something no doubt. @Chargeride you might want to hide your bike for awhile 😉

What ever it was, it is now unrecognizable. Must have been a hot fire. I wonder how many gasoline fires there are and why we don't hear about those? Just a little static electricity, or heat and it explodes. I do know this, petrol emissions caused 8 million deaths world wide in 2018 and in the US the same year, "An estimated 212,500 vehicle fires caused 560 civilian deaths 1,500 civilian injuries; and $1.9 billion in direct property damage." Remember the Ford Pinto?

What ever it was, it is now unrecognizable. Must have been a hot fire. I wonder how many gasoline fires there are and why we don't hear about those? Just a little static electricity, or heat and it explodes. I do know this, petrol emissions caused 8 million deaths world wide in 2018 and in the US the same year, "An estimated 212,500 vehicle fires caused 560 civilian deaths 1,500 civilian injuries; and $1.9 billion in direct property damage." Remember the Ford Pinto?
every 73 model car in production failed the rear end collision test using the same parameters as the pinto test most vehicles with exposed gas tanks failed, the pinto could have been one of the safest cars around as designed( air bags and fuel cell) the budget cutters had the design altered. Remember F Lee Bailey any one of OJ fame he got GM off the hook for their dangerous outside of frame rail gas tanks on the late 60s pickups( the fix? a $200 certificate on the purchase of a new gm truck) now that being said the only thing i have seen " cooking off around here are ice vehicles, seen some of my friends burnt severly in gas fires.

It's all lost on me, the promotion of electric cars is all based on performance and range, plus super slick modern car show design.

It's just the same shhhh different engine.

The UK government has admitted to just power electric cars alone would take a 4X increased grid, which is a monumental task consuming billions of tons of materials and decades of fossil energy to complete.
Just for cars
Just for the UK.
We haven't even started on the 1MW chargers for trucks.
Then there's heating
Convert the country to heat storage and heat pumps as well.

Manufacturing, they will be converting everything to electricity, gigawatts of fossil provided energy to be moved onto the grid, smelting, cooking, steel, recycling, construction.

In total you are looking at a 10X bigger grid, even with epic levels of balancing , restrictions, sharing home and car batteries.

Texas just lost another solar farm to hailstones.

You know, I could really use a smaller ev van with moderate range. Nothing like that is on the market here at the moment. VW will soon market the I.D. Buzz microbus, but that thing is just an overpriced showboat. If only there were ev's that worked on a functional level, as opposed to some sort of ego boost, then maybe the ev revolution would occur.
As far as ego boosts go, my witness is the spectacular failure of the Cybertruck.

You know, I could really use a smaller ev van with moderate range. Nothing like that is on the market here at the moment. VW will soon market the I.D. Buzz microbus, but that thing is just an overpriced showboat. If only there were ev's that worked on a functional level, as opposed to some sort of ego boost, then maybe the ev revolution would occur.
As far as ego boosts go, my witness is the spectacular failure of the Cybertruck.
And to witness a spectacular failure of a boosted ego, look at the company's founder ... :oops:

there was misinformation concerning what the silly thing would cost,i finally got my rear wheel drive version canceled,it was 20 k higher at least than what musk touted at inception, truth be known i couldnt even afford the premier version as far as cost look how the ford maverick sold out, every well off person and his brother bought 2 with another on order, never really touching the class of people it was intended for,i finally got a 2 yr old used one (awd) with 24k miles on it already for 3K$ more than original msrp( dealer haircuts) oth it was what i wanted for a long time able to milk 32 mpg out of it fairly easy,i wished for an ev looks like thats not going to happen, thought about a "canoo", you can bet your sweet bippy those things will go for 15-20k$ above msrp.

Back