The transition

Another EV (from Vietnam!) that's supposed to come to the USA ... RSN ... real soon now, but I'm not taking any bets.

Edit for picture.
1705018784648.png

Another EV (from Vietnam!) that's supposed to come to the USA ... RSN ... real soon now, but I'm not taking any bets.

Edit for picture.
View attachment 169530
I like the design. I am sure it will have lots of success in our local bike store and it will have some sales. I would achieve this seamlessly through the microsoft teams sms integration clerk.chat. By integrating Clerk Chat's solution, you can enhance collaboration and efficiency within your team while leveraging the convenience of SMS communication directly within the Microsoft Teams platform.

Last edited:
Just read in the NYT the other day that Volvo is owned by the Chinese automaker Geeley, so the new Volvo EV is, technically, Chinese 😱! Still built in Sweden... But officially the first Chinese EV in the US market?
… and will/or is the Volvo subjected to the latest sanctions levied against Chinese imports? And will it also be regulated as a Chinese cyber threat as recently suspected of Chinese autos? Maybe should be if not.

Looks like the owners of the sunken car transporter Felicity Ace are suing the VW for the fire that they say was caused by a faulty battery.

Mitsui OSK Lines and Allianz have identified what they believe to have been a faulty battery in a Porsche electric vehicle as the cause for the fire, which saw 3,965 vehicles go down with the ship two years ago some 400 km off the coast of Portugal.

The fire that broke out on the 6,400 ceu ship lasted for three weeks with the damage from the incident estimated to cost anywhere between $400m and $500m.

Splash 247

Looks like the owners of the sunken car transporter Felicity Ace are suing the VW for the fire that they say was caused by a faulty battery.

Mitsui OSK Lines and Allianz have identified what they believe to have been a faulty battery in a Porsche electric vehicle as the cause for the fire, which saw 3,965 vehicles go down with the ship two years ago some 400 km off the coast of Portugal.

The fire that broke out on the 6,400 ceu ship lasted for three weeks with the damage from the incident estimated to cost anywhere between $400m and $500m.

Splash 247
So VW and Porsche are the same company, right? So same engineering department(s) are on the hook for both?

They probably got it at salvage after it was stripped. One real problem is that used car batteries are being resold in the after market to data center storage for ESS grid demand pricing storage. Then they fail setting off a chain reaction. I told a customer yesterday who kept charging her battery and shaking it so it would work to put it gently in a plastic bag outside and away from her home and family. She left the top off, and wind driven rain entered the charge port. It is shorting.

Now for something completely different:
She is a goddess like Veola Brant but with drums instead of a bike.

China observer has lots of content about the ev situation in China, I have no idea of its authenticity, it could just be some AI concocted clickbait.

It seems legit enough to my critical eye.
Clampdown on ev conformity.

China observer has lots of content about the ev situation in China, I have no idea of its authenticity, it could just be some AI concocted clickbait.

It seems legit enough to my critical eye.
Clampdown on ev conformity.

I wonder what the russian / chinese PR machines did with similar footage from the new york model a few years back - when illegal " ebikes" were confiscated?

I just love the human interaction of police chasing ebikes on foot.
The UK police wouldn't even bother to try.
Balaclaved youths on Surrons wheelie past the police, its not worth their pensions to give chase.

Back