The Sondors Bike is Unravelling a Bit

This is for @Brambor who is feeling left out from the big yellow bike with the integrated lunchbox.

Here ya go, @Brambor. You can put this in the frame of your bike and pretend...

plastic yellow lunchbox.jpg

Ummm welll no.... but you can put a little stainless steel thermos in there and pretend it's a Sonders-style battery!

Or, if you prefer (and frankly who wouldn't!) you can rock the Scooby Doo model, with matching thermos! You'll be the envy of all the other kids on the block! :p:D

scooby.jpg

maybe Sondors will be offering color correct Chalets in his next campaign. Chalet on wheels, micro electric homes on wheels, great for the sand..:), fat tires. Sorry no warranty..:)

I'm pretty sure @PowerMe is pro-people getting the bikes they ordered. If I had ordered the bike, I would expect to get the same thing as I would if I bought an alibaba bike - no support, no warranty (wasn't a 30 day warranty stated to be given?), and definitely none of the other stuff people are clamoring about.

Maybe the whole Sondors bike ordeal isn't the end of the world, I am sure worse business dealings on much larger scales occur on a daily basis without a second thought.

I think in this back and forth you're the one that is totally biased, most of us are just discussing and couldn't really give two...turds...about about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all you NEW Sondors FAT BIKE OWNERS! Heads up; Court just got his new Sondors bike and really wants to know details about the condition and operation of your bike. He's just starting THE Review and wants info from actual owners.

Here's what he sent me: "Would you mind asking folks who ordered and have received Sondors bikes if they have had any issues? I'll be working on the official review soon and would love community feedback about scratches, assembly issues, battery issues etc. My frame came scratched and I'd just like to get a feel for how people are faring and whether they are getting the expected range etc. so I can reference that in my video. "

Please post your information and feedback in the 'Sondors First Impressions Forum' that way it's all in one place. Thanks, everyone! We're all excited to hear from you.

Apparently the campaign is at an end. They won't be selling bikes, or that is my reading of the latest blurb. No one is saying anything about the lawsuit. No one will ever do much of an accounting.

A year of change.

Hi Sondors Backers! A few very important updates below as we move to close out this campaign on Friday.

First and foremost, THANK YOU. You are the reason this campaign reached such amazing success!

** For those of you receiving your bikes, please READ THIS BLOG and WATCH THIS VIDEO on how to assemble your Sondors electric bike and join this Owners group created by backers for backers.

** For those of you in the next wave with estimated shipping of October, we’ll be emailing you soon to for color selections and to confirm your shipping address. You’ll still be able to purchase bike shipping, battery shipping and pay your balance through the Indiegogo campaign page, but bike purchases will be turned off.

aha so it was a (taxable) purchase after all and not a crowd-funded donation rewarded with a perk. The mouth doesn't know what the head tells it to say.

What a silly thing thing to state. If the Campaign was such a resounding success with 7000+ bikes sold why not carry on? Or maybe there weren'y 7000+ bikes sold and the campaign was not a resounding success....

Meh. I don't see closing the campaign as a final end to the bike necessarily. The campaign, like all crowdfunding, should have ended in April when it was started to. Using indiegogo as a site front to pay for back end costs was a waste of money in fees imho.

It looks like they shut down the campaign for the bikes at closing time. Little early, maybe, but time to hit the bars and celebrate that IGG super-payday!! "Stor - meee, Stor - meee, Stor - meee".

I wonder if they will keep their comments pages open? If Goso shuts down, that might be a cause for concern. If there are a bunch of bikes belonging to Europeans, sitting in containers, but Storm can get them cleared? They aren't in his name, of course.

Best case for the later American buyers is that he has the money and he pays to have the bikes made and shipped. When might that be?

Best case for A2.0?

aha so it was a (taxable) purchase after all and not a crowd-funded donation rewarded with a perk. The mouth doesn't know what the head tells it to say.

What a silly thing thing to state. If the Campaign was such a resounding success with 7000+ bikes sold why not carry on? Or maybe there weren'y 7000+ bikes sold and the campaign was not a resounding success....

where did you get the "taxable " part from?

Back