The Sondors Bike is Unravelling a Bit

The bike on the stand with the two workers can't be a Sondors. They wouldn't mount the battery on the down tube then remove and reinstall into a battery-box.

Actually take a close look at how it mounts on the bottom side/down tube of the yellow bike. Notice there is a small void under the battery on the black bike in the same space. It would make sense that the box links and hinges under the battery, which is how it was shown on the prototype as well. I do think the black bike is a storm, the rim color is also one of the options they had offered. Just trying to offer up some hope here!

Pedals and seats generally aren't installed at the factory level either.

True dat! However, the update did say the bike was built for final testing before the actual production begins. Seems a little late either way, doubt they will make that May delivery date.

... but @pxpaulx, are you suggesting that Ivars claims to be testing the bike so that it lives up to his high standards are false and the Chinese factory is cracking on with assembly already? The Company who fuelled this Campaign, Agency 2.0 (and whether I like it or not are single-handedly responsible for the "success" on IGG) have had to take legal action against Sondors - if they have had to do so what hope has anyone got? For those expecting a bike in 2015/16 the photo is encouraging.

LOL you beat me to it, just saw your post above, I'm getting too slow it is 0451 in the UK, my excuse!!

Just a thought for the day, hundreds of additional battery packs were bought during the Campaign......... but only 2 pieces of the shipping perk have been paid for.......... hmmmmmm

Bruce! You're back I missed you, as did Formula 1 - weight and drag don't matter right, Sondors has rewritten the laws of physics as well according to you. A $179 battery includes global shipping? That must be a high-quality battery for sure.

IGG are up to their old trciks again, looks like i can make one comment a day, maybe a few

Last edited:
Ivar question to ask.. (see what I did there :) ). Storm is a self made manufacturing genius literally drowning in his own success he "has" a beach house at Malibu, drives a Dodge Durango, and is just generally super successful, so why did he need to go to IGG and co in order to raise 75k in the first place? surely a happening dude like Storm, would have that kind of dough in his ash tray?

Looks like people are still bitter over the success of a fellow American... First production models complete.. Looks very nice... Hopefully Sondors can stay on track and get some units shipping to customers in the next couple of months.. Hope he doesn't rush it in order to meet a fictitious deadline.

fictitious deadline? "bikes to start shipping on may 1 .. according to this American Hero.. (Real American Heros' don't outsource jobs to China)..

QUOTE FROM PHILIP HILLIS, ON IGG PAGE

Philip Hillis
9 minutes ago
To clarify the battery shipping cost.

Extra battery’s already funded before the price increase to $247 are not subject to the $50 shipping fee.

END..

Wow, that quite a jump ... this might be the mandatory legal costs perk add on that was mentioned here the other day..

JoePah, I hope he does it, and ships the bikes to the buyers, Nobody here wants to see anybody get hurt, lose their money. I still however, think that Storm is a lying sneak, and his cohorts are no better.

I'm currently in the middle of a black out, started 1am Wednesday morning and am on a laptop with a small screen,I cant tell, does the storm production bike look legit, or just a tarted up prototype (the spare that was in the shots when storm was colour matching the battery box?

Success? A conviction for fraud and another lawsuit pending! ? Working with an ad agency to raise massive funds on the back of fantasy figures and lies and then not paying them what was contractually agreed? Stating a May delivery date to funders for 5000+ bikes well short of a 12-14000 capacity as claimed and you now label it a fictitious date - why? If any bikes are delivered they will not perform as claimed - a fact not fiction. Ivars wants to say he can compete with companies who have legitimate costs of goods sold by lying and not paying his dues. As much as I detest and distrust Olenik Agency 2.0 were the pr bs which floated Ivars boat, without them he would have struggled to raise $75k imo

Ivar question to ask.. (see what I did there :) ). Storm is a self made manufacturing genius literally drowning in his own success he "has" a beach house at Malibu, drives a Dodge Durango, and is just generally super successful, so why did he need to go to IGG and co in order to raise 75k in the first place? surely a happening dude like Storm, would have that kind of dough in his ash tray?

Because why spend your own money when you can convince thousands of others to hand you theirs.

Just a thought for the day, hundreds of additional battery packs were bought during the Campaign......... but only 2 pieces of the shipping perk have been paid for.......... hmmmmmm

That may have something to do with the lack of communication to those of us who purchased these extra batteries. I've been looking out for an email demanding more cash from me, probably twice what Americans will be charged (which is BS since everything's coming from China, not LA). I had to check IGG for comments from the usual suspects, who are always well-informed about Sondors goings-on while paying customers are kept in the dark.
Example:

Bruce Choate
32 minutes ago
If you purchased your battery at the low $179 rate that included shipping, you don’t need to purchase the $50 shipping perk, that is only for new battery purchases.

Why didn't battery customers receive an official email about this? And I never saw anything about "shipping included" when I bought a $179 battery. Instead IGG has quietly added another "perk" (with no separate "perk" for international shipping). Then no announcement or details, which will result in people rushing to pay without knowing they don't have to, as per Messrs. Choate and Hillis. I wonder if anyone who pays the perk without knowing they don't have to, will get a refund?

Storm is a.............manufacturing genius

Really? A manufacturing genius? How? Did he develop a new manufacturing technique? Does he own an ultra modern, one of a kind, manufacturing facility? Designing "toys" and outsourcing the manufacturing process hardly makes him a "genius". Now I'd say that convincing people to send him money for a hyped product, that doesn't yet exist is more impressive. Now let's see the "manufacturing genius" deliver.

Really? A manufacturing genius? How? Did he develop a new manufacturing technique? Does he own an ultra modern, one of a kind, manufacturing facility? Designing "toys" and outsourcing the manufacturing process hardly makes him a "genius". Now I'd say that convincing people to send him money for a hyped product, that doesn't yet exist is more impressive. Now let's see the "manufacturing genius" deliver.
I wonder if the delivery will be the problem... Wasn't the other genius the logistics and delivery genius? I thought I read he was out? 5000 bikes stranded at the docks on the China Sea. I hope Sondors is leaving the manufacturing up to the experts and concentrating on the delivery process. A genius CEO in this position would be surrounding himself with experts in the various fields, to L with the geniuses!

Reactions: wa5
This whole campaign is being slammed by online press, even after the update last evening. I read several articles today that were emailed to me, one stated this about A2.0 and the Kreyos smart-watch campaign: "s*it the bed with the force of a diarrhea-prone ogre, so it’s not like it has a flawless record". They started the campaign smelling like a rose in the press and now smelling like an dirty ogre in the press. The press is going to make dough coming and going!

Wow, scary numbers, 43 percent of c/f campaigns are successful, BUT only 9.8 percent of IGG campaigns are successful. How have these shysters remained in business?

By failing to vet potential projects and skimming their cut from the "backers" they fleece, whether the project succeeds or fails. Nigerian scam artists make a pretty good living too, I hear.

Today's email update about shipping and colour choice confirmation. I'm fairly sure I predicted this in a previous post.

"Some have asked about reduced shipping costs or local pickup. The current shipping cost is as low as we were able to go."

Whatever happened to this, now deleted from the IGG page?

"Shipping is a variable cost based on volume/location. The more we sell the cheaper it is. We can guarantee it will be less than $194 each for USA and $250 for international."

Apparently nobody at IGG looked up the word "guarantee" in a dictionary. I guess Ivars has to make up his legal fees somehow.

BRUCE CHOATE

Dan Saposhnik, how well do you know about eBike technology? especially when it comes to range vs speed traveled. Sorry to me pedal assist is a gimmick if you know how to properly manage your throttle.
Think about this for a second, you have thousands of backers and twice as many or more potential, they all have questions to ask and want answers, mostly the EXACTSAMEQUESTION. Do you have the time to answer each an every e-mail or do you post updates? Then toss in the logistics.

@Bruce Choate

Bruce - if everyone is asking the same question why not post an update with an answer to the f..ing question? What a lame excuse! Ivars hasn't answered anything, not even a response to the pending Lawsuit as far as I know. Pedal Assist is not a gimmick, you might claim to be an expert but you are completely wrong - because on paper the Sondors bike has one gear and will be a pig to ride you want to convince people that pedal assist is a gimmick - u look foolish on a bike with a throttle only

Is this know-it-all serious? That ebikes with pedal assist are a gimmick (because he wants to justify why the Ivars bike will be a pig to ride)? Am I one the wrong forum, this is for throttle-only crap heavy chinese ebikes with poor range and no doubt dangerous batteries that will explode before too long if you try n charge them in 90 minutes?

IGG have limited me to a few comments a day so Choate, Hillis and Gin can peddle misinformation and deceive people.

Back