The beast hit 10,000 miles today

fooferdoggie

We just hit 10000 miles on the tandem we bought it in may 2020. We had one minor Crash that a dog caused us to fall over when we were new at it one where I clipped a pole that cracked my wife’s kneecap that kept us riding a couple months then when I wife had to have her shoulder replaced and that was 4 months down time. If
We are feeling well we tend to ride 10 to 15 miles a day and 30+ on weekends. I ride 18 miles on my commute then we will hop in the tandem rain or shine or darkness.
7E760CA3-6D6F-4DA9-A4D5-CEDA6E55968E.jpeg
08764C6E-3B9A-49F8-9F94-F0B9D886351C.jpeg
0514FE4D-F182-4750-AF9B-7023117A0392.jpeg
F1525727-907B-4A5F-BFB7-DE8A368D7937.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats on your first 10,000 of many :)

Whats the deal with that horn? Is there a button on top that lets you actuate? I see the horny part is permanently mounted.

Congrats on your first 10,000 of many :)

Whats the deal with that horn? Is there a button on top that lets you actuate? I see the horny part is permanently mounted.
A boat air horn in case a dog chases us. Pointed backwards. I could just push the button while riding or pull up the zip tie as Velcro holds it too.

good stuff. Don't know what I have for miles on bikes. The first bike doesn't accurately record miles and the motor has to read at the shop to get it. The newer one I think they can read accurately. I think you can also get the display to show that info but for the type riding I do it not so practical.

A boat air horn in case a dog chases us. Pointed backwards. I could just push the button while riding or pull up the zip tie as Velcro holds it too.
Is it effective? I use bear spray in gel format - no cloud to blow onto me or anything but the target when its a gel stream. Last time I was chased it was a Belgian Malinois and he was not in any mood to do anything but see if my ankles needed bbq sauce.

Is it effective? I use bear spray in gel format - no cloud to blow onto me or anything but the target when its a gel stream. Last time I was chased it was a Belgian Malinois and he was not in any mood to do anything but see if my ankles needed bbq sauce.
have not tested it yet. it is a 120db horn. my wife is blind so she cant really use anything. but such loud sounds can really freak out dogs.

We just hit 10000 miles on the tandem we bought it in may 2020. We had one minor Crash that a dog caused us to fall over when we were new at it one where I clipped a pole that cracked my wife’s kneecap that kept us riding a couple months then when I wife had to have her shoulder replaced and that was 4 months down time. If
We are feeling well we tend to ride 10 to 15 miles a day and 30+ on weekends. I ride 18 miles on my commute then we will hop in the tandem rain or shine or darkness.View attachment 146939View attachment 146943View attachment 146940View attachment 146938
Congrats on hitting the 10,000 mark.

I estimate the green bodaboda at 10000 miles in January. I count number of trips times map distance. About 2000 miles a year. I started riding this bike in January 2018. It is not a beast, it hasn't thrown me once!
My only other bike is an Austrian 3 speed I ride to downtown Louisville to concerts & festivals. 2 or 3 trips a year. I do lock it to poles or railings it but it is worth about $20 on the resale market.

Back