TÉO EBR Review - good one.

Since I bring mine to Arizona every winter, when I bought mine I asked Benoit if I could get it 'unlocked to US specs', he said no problem. I also confirmed when picked it up. 750W is what I'm supposed to have.

Yet, the box was unopened, sealed at the manufacturing plant, so to this day I still wonder... But like you, at 225 I feel I have all the power I need. That's one of the reason I'd love to see the Watts put out by the motor. The Rad shows it on its LCD.

A Cycle Analyst from Grin Tech in BC is the cat's meow, but am not sure how to wire it to our bike... And my cockpit area is pretty full already ;) eventually someone will take a Téo apart so we can see it all.
Funny you mention that. That is exactly.what I plan on doing. I've already emailed Benoit about a shop drawing or some kind of literature on our controller. He told me he is getting in touch with his supplier as he didnt know the make or model of it. Hopefully get some answers soon. The cycle analyst looks like the way to go. How are you liking the thumb throttle adapter? I'm thinking about trying it out.

I really love the thumb throttle accessory. It's somewhat expensive for a little piece of plastic with a Velcro strap, but I understand how it's made and volume is low... A big Thumb's Up, pun intended. I heard it was pretty expensive to have it shipped to Canada... Which is why I had mine shipped to my son in the USA.

Oh here's a pic of the Téo controller from the accessories section on Téo Fat Bike site. If you zoom in you'll see some details. My guess the connectors are the same as the one on the Voltbike Yukon 750, it may even be the exact same controller and one fella has all the details on its connection. But I'd love to get confirmation...

There are 2 models of Cycle Analyst v3, depending on its connector, one has less features, the other one uses the Cycle Analyst connector and provides full functionality. I found a site that explains how to connect that connector to most controllers. A bit of soldering, but pretty straightforward.

Do let us know when you get details.
téo sine wave controller.jpg

Your controller paired to a 500w or 750w motor, the wattage on the motor doesn't really mean all that much. Since this controller pumps out 10a continuous and 20a peak paired with the 48v battery than it is your bike is putting out between 480-960 watts (peak). The controller and battery really determine the power you're going to get. Battery volts x controller amps = true wattage. These bafang rear hubs from 250w-750w can really take some over

Last edited:
Back