Tektro Dorado

• Thread starter Deleted member 803
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 803

There is a young man (to me everyone is a young man) in my area who sells and installs Tektro Dorado HD-E710 brakes with 203mm rotors. Can anyone tell me whether this is a worthy upgrade to the e-comps that come standard on the Neo's? They come with the engine kill trigger as well.

What is the real world difference between a 160mm and a 203mm rotor?

Many thanks,

ridiculous as in cool or ridiculous as in ridiculous.

oh wait. i forgot to ask my question. do many e-bikes come with the Dorados out of the box? and are those the absolute best you can get, or is there something even more ridiculous out there?

203 mm bends more easily, had to straighten mine on a new bike. As long as your hydro, 180/160 is plenty of stopping surface IMO. -S

As long as your hydro, 180/160 is plenty of stopping surface IMO. -S
...or even without hydro: the other day I needed some emergency braking and locked the wheels of my Dash quite easily (on clean asphalt). When the limiting factor is the grip of the tires, I don't understand how hydro can make one stop quicker than cable. Do any e-bikes come with ABS brakes? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MLB
The other day I wanted to stop but she kept on rolling, so I replaced the pads - better but they won't lock with my weight (185) and extra battery. So the grip of the tires is apparently not the only consideration. Hydro is like a direct connection to the pads, almost no friction, extreme leverage. Trust me if you rode my Haibike and got back on your Dash the difference would be glaring and a little disappointing. I've not seen ABS yet but have seen dual disc custom builds.-S

Not that it's anything to brag of, but me and my commute gear total maybe about 215 lb. Perhaps the 2015 model has better brakes.

hydraulic brakes do better in wet conditions. think about the last time you rode through a puddle with mechanical rim brakes and then later tried to stop. best way to see the difference is to go to a bike shop and test-drive side by side.

thanks btw for the knowledge. oh and you all need to go out and try a bike with the harmony transmission!

Tektro Dorado 203mm rotors do not bend easily, have never seen one bend to date. The rotors are 2.3mm in thickness compared to a standard bike rotor that is 1.8mm in thickness. The HD-E710 has largers calipers and caliper mounts to handle increased stresses of higher speeds and heavier weight of electric bikes. The pads are larger and last longer. They are available from EMPowered Cycles with bafang bbs02 8fun connectors optionally installed. The Dorado HD-E710 brakes are designed for electric bikes, standard brakes are not. The performance difference is vastly improved compared to a standard bicycle brake.

http://www.empoweredcycles.com/collections/performance-e-brake

Back