Technically speaking A bat. Capacity is 40% less then advertised

It sure is. Laughable because one costs $30,000 and one costs $600. You're correct. There really is no comparison and I'm embarrassed for making one. It would be similar to comparing the care of your $60,000 Steinway and your $1200 Kawai Student Model pianos. For heaven's sake just play the darn thing and enjoy it.

What most people don't realize is that.
A 80Kwhr Tesla battery pack costs $40,000. That means approx 1Kwhr = $500.

But a Juiced 52V,19Ah = 1Kwhr pack costs $1200. (Double the $$)
Stromer 1Kwhr pack costs $2000 ( quadruple the $$)
A 500 whr Bosch power tube costs $1000 ( quadruple the $$).

$$ per pound, you are paying double or triple the money of what you pay for a similar Tesla pack yet get less than half the warranty.
Sure they have economies of scale, so they can do it.

What is amusing is that, even after paying double the price, the warranty is less than half of what Tesla offers.

But, E-bikes offer tremendous benefits in terms of health, so we can forego all this :)

What I find most interesting is recreational riders trying to make blanket statements about battery care.
If someone wants to just charge all the way without worrying about all the details, great!
If someone wants to take care of their battery and invest in a cycle satiator, wonderful!

The goal is to enjoy the bike and reap the benefits.

Tesla makes their own cells so they get a better price than ebike makers. What i tell my customers is your investing into 5 years worth of fuel. You add up what you pay in gas over the years and the cost of batteries is really not that bad. The cost just hurts because you pay for it all up front and not over time. Unless your paying for it over CC time.

I just watched a youtube video on a 10k mile report from a private owner of a Model 3 Tesla. I guess I had never considered what wh/mi figures e cars use but for the Model 3 it showed 233 wh/mi. That is quite the bump over the 15 wh/mi an electric bike averages!

I had never considered what wh/mi figures e cars use but for the Model 3 it showed 233 wh/mi. That is quite the bump over the 15 wh/mi an electric bike averages!
JRA...
Are the Tesla and the ebike running at the same voltage? If not, it I think that it might be better to make the comparison in amp hours (symbol Ah) rather than watt hours (Wh).
... David

Last edited by a moderator:
Back