Technical Information on the Aventon Level (or Pace 500)

JJ-Boise

Region
USA
I’m kind of a geeky guy and like to know how everything works. The manual I got online for my Aventon Level is a rather simplified user’s manual suitable for a casual rider. Is there anything more technical in nature that really explains how everything works? For example, how is the cadence sensor being utilized? I know it is used to sense movement of the pedals before it will kick in the PAS. Is that cadence sensor used to modulate the output of the motor based on your pedal RPMs, and is the speed sensor used to modulate the output based on the PAS selected (more output when accelerating from rest and less output when approaching the particular PAS limit? My speedometer/odometer are reading about 5% on the high side even though I have the wheel size still set at 27.5” which is size of the stock tires the bike came with? There isn't a lot of fine tuning one can do when selecting a different tire size to try to calibrate the speed. Is there some other way to calibrate that? I can better learn how to utilize all that the bike offers when I understand how this particular bike actually works.

To respond to one of your points, JJ. In addition to the control module on my Level, I use a couple of fitness trackers that use GPS to map and measure my rides. I've noticed that while the two GPS trackers are pretty much in sync when it comes to mileage, the Level seems to read significantly lower...25 miles vs 23.8 miles for example. It would be nice to be able to make minor adjustments to the control module. Or maybe that's just an inherent difference between GPS and on-the-ground measurements?

To respond to one of your points, JJ. In addition to the control module on my Level, I use a couple of fitness trackers that use GPS to map and measure my rides. I've noticed that while the two GPS trackers are pretty much in sync when it comes to mileage, the Level seems to read significantly lower...25 miles vs 23.8 miles for example. It would be nice to be able to make minor adjustments to the control module. Or maybe that's just an inherent difference between GPS and on-the-ground measurements?
We're on the same wavelength, JVD. I took three different GPS units with me to compare against the Aventon Level speedometer and odometer. Testing them on a few different rides, I found the Aventon odometer to be about 3.5% less than the three GPS units measured, while instantaneous speeds on the Aventon speedometer display were continuously high by more than 6% (17 mph on the Aventon speedometer equated to 16 MPH on my GPS units). Not sure why there is a disconnect between the Aventon speedometer and odometer readings. My wife has a Level step-thru while I have a Level, and a riding together comparison of our Aventon speed and miles traveled showed them quite consistent with each other -- identical readings.

Back