SyncDrive Pro Software on the EP8, who's doing the change control?

TanzElectrik

Region
Australia
I recently purchased a 2022 Giant Revolt E+ and I'm aware of two other owners. The bike is great, I'm just looking for more information about it. With all of our bikes though there are three different versions of the SyncDrive motor software installed. It's a mix of 4.1.4, 4.1.5 & 4.1.6.
I've tried looking for a changelog or some release notes but there's not much information publicly avalible. Is this sort of thing usually private in the ebike world? Shimano seem pretty transparent with updates back to 2012.
Does anyone know who would be managing the change control for this sort of thing?

An update:
9 emails and two shop visits later we’re not able to update the software. It appears giant can’t update the motor software. v4.1.6 was released 68 days ago, well before purchasing the bike.

I recently purchased a 2022 Giant Revolt E+ and I'm aware of two other owners. The bike is great, I'm just looking for more information about it. With all of our bikes though there are three different versions of the SyncDrive motor software installed. It's a mix of 4.1.4, 4.1.5 & 4.1.6.
I've tried looking for a changelog or some release notes but there's not much information publicly avalible. Is this sort of thing usually private in the ebike world? Shimano seem pretty transparent with updates back to 2012.
Does anyone know who would be managing the change control for this sort of thing?
Do you know how to switch in GIANT REVOLT 2022 E+ speed from 25 km/h to 32 km/h (how to change settings from Europe to North America)?

Do you know how to switch in GIANT REVOLT 2022 E+ speed from 25 km/h to 32 km/h (how to change settings from Europe to North America)?
You cannot do it legally (you live in Europe, not in North America). If you want to join the Dark Side, you have to derestrict your e-bike.

Is your bike equipped with the Di2 shifters and GRX?

My 2022 Giant Revolt E+ has the Di2 shifters and GRX.
The Giant SyncDrive software doesn't do much on this model, most of the hardware on this bike is made by Shimano, except for the battery, what you
have to do is bypass this by accessing the E-Tube project software from Shimano, for this you will need some kind of bluetooth device to connect.
I went with the EW-EN100 which I connected to one of the empty Di2 ports on the shifters, by doing this you'll be able to update firmwares for all components
including the EP8 motor. You do not have to leave the EW-EN100 permanently installed on the bike, I connect to the Di2 wire I installed under my bar tape occasionally
to see if firmware updates are available.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• P-EW-EN100_BC19Nd0087_750_750.jpeg
    P-EW-EN100_BC19Nd0087_750_750.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 276
Hey TanzElectrik, you might be interested in reading my reply to your issue, see below.

Hi idzik24, Just wondering does Giant's ride control app control the EP8 as far as offering 5 by 3 levels of motor assist verses Shim's E-tube 3 by 3 ? Here in the USA they are going Yama's motors with ride control app and 5 by 3. Also, though no di2 as far as I can tell for the drivetrain with USA version going mechanical Shim GRX rear d but possibly with a GRX di2 left shifter offering extended control of assist levels (the Giant ergo 4 offering it also ). I am close to purchasing one.
Best regards, g
This discussion relates to the 2022 Giant revolt E which comes with GRX Di2, yours is a different beast.

This discussion relates to the 2022 Giant revolt E which comes with GRX Di2, yours is a different beast.
Thanks, I know hence the question about the Ride Control software app controlling the EP8 vs Etube software controlling it in the EP8 version (iow, offering greater levels of assist)........

I want to join the Dark Side :) How to do it? I can't find solutions?
You mean you want to own the bike and not rent it from the government. Damn stupid even at 28mph in the USA. You can move the sensor and and the magnet (from inside the seat stay or chain stay, I can't remember which) to the chainstay by the crankarm and mount the magnet on the pedal axle center on the crankarm.) It is pretty involved if you are not mechanically inclined. I have done it several times on several bikes and it only red lights out occasionally and not even on every ride. To reset you simply turn it off and back on to get out of limp mode. But, you have to get the spacing absolutely perfect. IOW, measure the current spacing down to the fractions of a millimeter lol, in the OE position. As somebody else mentioned there are chips you can install inside the motor and that works well on these bikes. Only problem with those is you have to look at what they don't want to tell you. That many of them still have an upper speed limit set. I have not stayed up to date on who is making what now as it is a dynamic playing field. Again, just be sure you ask what is the new upper speed limit and check the reviews here and other places to see if people are having problems with them erroring out. Remember that all of these things above are subject to change depending on what firmware updates any bike manufacture decides to do. Giant and Yamaha are the most open minded about "owners" personal freedom but who knows if that will change.
I have one I installed on one of my older Gestapo Bosch motors on a ghost bike. I hear that the new motors have befudlled the hackers on the new motors and firmware and don't know if that has changed yet as I have not kept up.
Anyway, I run my Revolt with the chainstay trick when I am in my USA Atlanta home so I can do the group rides and keep up without screwing up the pack when we hit 28mph on the flats and I am in the back and still someone may get trapped behind me. In my other home in Colorado since I don't do group rides there, I leave it where it is.
Hope this helps. Sure wish idiots in the government would put speed delimiters on cars if they want some to persecute like luddites as opposed to the vast majority of well meaning cyclist just trying to ride their bikes safely in group rides and trying to stay safe in freakin car traffic. Did you know that Luddites burned bicycles and persecuted the first cyclist ? Some things change.......

Back