Swapping Bafang display.

antboy

Is it possible to replace a Bafang C965 display with any of their other displays?

If so, is it as simple as just swapping out and plugging in?

I've had my Spark Mini 20" fat tire bike for about 2 months now, and I'm really loving it, but I'm considering their compact SW102 just to free up space on the handlebars.

EggRider. Bafang displays have their own firmware. All displays are not created equal. BTW Bafang does not manufacture displays.

After posting this thread, I saw a video of the EggRider v2. Might just order that. :)

As for the other displays, I have no idea who makes them. I'm guessing it's the same company that makes the controller?

If I decide to go with something other than the EggRider, is it (relatively) safe to assume that if the display is advertised as for Bafang motors, it should work?

You’re not clear on which motor?
After posting this thread, I saw a video of the EggRider v2. Might just order that. :)
We’ve sold a boatload. BUT they are always being improved and may not be as friendly to set up initially. With BBSxx systems they can communicate with the controller setting. Join The Facebook EggRider group for best support
As for the other displays, I have no idea who makes them. I'm guessing it's the same company that makes the controller?
Bafang May outsource the controller, but I don’t think so. No relationship to the display maker
If I decide to go with something other than the EggRider, is it (relatively) safe to assume that if the display is advertised as for Bafang motors, it should work?
Match to the motor, there are displays with different firmware. Bafang mid drive displays don’t work with my Yoch mid. Both are C961.

I have a Biktrix Juggernaut with the Bafang Ultra motor (MM G510.1000) and swapped the stock Bafang DPC-18 display for an EggRider - works like a champ! Just make sure you order the Bafang version when ordering the EggRider.

Bafang's controller firmware (and third-party displays) are their weak point IMHO - I mean it works (generally) but sometimes it can be quirky and the data is often wrong. The EggRider guys occasionally pull their hair out trying to work around Bafang's buggy code. I think Bafang should just give up and let EggPower provide the display and consult with them on the controller firmware. Maybe give them a big enough contract so EggPower can release a bit bigger version of the EggRider display (perhaps color?)

Last edited:
I have a Biktrix Juggernaut with the Bafang Ultra motor (MM G510.1000) and swapped the stock Bafang DPC-18 display for an EggRider - works like a champ! Just make sure you order the Bafang version when ordering the EggRider.

Bafang's controller firmware (and third-party displays) are their weak point IMHO - I mean it works (generally) but sometimes it can be quirky and the data is often wrong. The EggRider guys occasionally pull their hair out trying to work around Bafang's buggy code. I think Bafang should just give up and let EggPower provide the display and consult with them on the controller firmware. Maybe give them a big enough contract so EggPower can release a bit bigger version of the EggRider display (perhaps color?)

A group that developed open source for tsdz2 is working on open source for BBSxx series.

Aren't EggRider displays produced by em3ev? I wasn't aware of these displays, or at least using them on Bafang mid drives. Do you recommend the V2 Tom and do you sell them?

Aren't EggRider displays produced by em3ev? I wasn't aware of these displays, or at least using them on Bafang mid drives. Do you recommend the V2 Tom and do you sell them?
No, EggRider are some UK fellas. Yes, Doug sells them. Very popular with BBSxx series since they can make changes in the controller programming. A bit fussy for some given the nature of devices with firmware and programming an end user needs to grasp. Minimalist displays also smart phone capable. Apparently KT controllers and Bafang hubs are also compatible. If you use Facebook they are there and super helpful.

Nonsense, you're very experienced, stop downplaying your knowledge. I just thought if you sold the item I could get it from you but it looks like they're only available from the UK. You wouldn't happen to know if they work with the Ultra? I assume so.

Nonsense, you're very experienced, stop downplaying your knowledge. I just thought if you sold the item I could get it from you but it looks like they're only available from the UK. You wouldn't happen to know if they work with the Ultra? I assume so.
I'll check, but Doug at California eBike has them.

Hey! Message me! There's a message in your box from me!

I contacted EggRider, and sent them a pic of my controller. Apparently it's not compatible. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on this controller out there.

Attachments

• ebikecontroller (2).jpg
    ebikecontroller (2).jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 912
I contacted EggRider, and sent them a pic of my controller. Apparently it's not compatible. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on this controller out there.
Not sure if it's compatible but the 500C is the best I have used, I pitched my eggrider.

I pitched my EggRider because of phone/app conflicts and because the firmware dropped out. Being too small to even read is just the cherry on top of the s*it-show with them. If you want to see the data you have to use Bluetooth to the phone app... bring a massive battery bank. The 500C display does everything I need and doesn't need a phone, an app, firmware updates, verification codes, who you bought the hardware from, a sperm sample or anything else... plug-n-play and you can actually read the screen day or night.

Back