Suzhou Ansbern Sports Co., Ltd.

Liftdog

Aloha from Waikiki! After about 100 hours of research I took the leap and bought a bike it comes with a Gates Belt Drive, G510 motor 160nm torque (6hp) 5 speed IGH hub, 4.8" wide tires, over 40mph, paid for it 3 weeks ago should be in Hawaii in 3 more weeks. Check it out below let me know what you think, it's not mentioned anywhere on the EBR Forum. It's narley I hope it can handle the sand well!

Last edited:
Aloha
I studied that Alibaba bike advertisement, and the linked company, very interesting bike.
It looks extremely capable, I imagine it may be able to race right along in sand.
'blue shark' will be way too tall in the saddle for me.

Please write a review, thanks

Mike_V I thought some people might like it. I have a Fat Tire SUPER73 that doesn't do well in the sand since it's underpowered. I didn't order the blue but went with matt black so the battery & motor match the frame. Yes, I will write a review after it arrives. Thanks!

did you receive your bike? That bike has the exact specs i'm looking for in an upgrade. belt drive, mid drive, high speed, super fat tire, multi gear hub. pretty nice specs. very interested if you think it's worth the money.

What will you do if something breaks and you local shop says “Sorry we can’t work on that ebike” ?

All of these bikes are essentially the same. A battery, controller, and motor is all you need to make them work. If a local bike shop won't fix it then there's plenty who will and want the business. I've had like five of these bikes in the last three months or so and I've never had an issue with any of them working properly. However, that doesn't include any long term use. But I would probably sell the bike long before any issues would arise. I still would like to a status update on this guy's bike though. Pretty awesome specs and looks pretty rad too.

They were working with PIM on a custom model but the virus has a lot of projects in limbo.

I was trying to work with this company on a custom belt drive model with a target order of 20 bikes if they could produce to specification. They seemed interested for 1 or 2 days but then went totally silent and would not answer my messages. Very unprofessional so my advice is to stay well clear of them. I am buying some bikes from Dengfu and are they really top notch with great communication.

Sadly Dengfu don't produce a suitable frame with a break in the rear axle assembly for belt installation/replacement. I am getting their latest design carbon frame with the M600 motor. They do have nice frames for the Ultra but not belt compatible. I am still searching so will post back if I find a company that can build this. I can't afford the retail prices in the US and then cost of shipping etc all the way to New Zealand. Cheers

ASB-EB-31
Originalbike:1898USD
1.17AHbattery(Samsung35E
Battery):+45USD
2.TektroHD-E725:+45USD
3.SturmeyArcherNexus5Speed:
45USD
5.Alloycarrier:+15USD
6.Fender:+15USD
US$2,063.00
US$2,063.00
ShippingcostbyOceandoortodoorincludingtaxtoUS(25-30workingdays)
US$575.00
Total
US$2,638.00

was considering but only found bad information thus far.

More bad news. According to Biktrix owner.
Roshan Thomas replied: "Issue with belt is that you're then stuck with Sturmey 5sp hub. Those have a 10%+ failure rate when combined with an Ultra motor."

I purchased an ASB-EB-31 from the Suzhou Ansbern Sports Co., Ltd.
Bafang G510 Ultra Max Mid Motor 1000W
48V 17ah Samsun Cell
Gates CDX Belt
Sturmey-Archer 5 speed
BUT - BE WARNED: STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!
Here’s why.
Airfreight delivery was supposed to be 3 weeks – the bike took 12 weeks to arrive.
On arrival, the first thing I noticed was that the RST Renegade front fork was damaged. I contacted Tony Wong from Suzhou who kept saying that they will speak to their “engineer”. Nothing happened. I eventually sourced spare parts from RST Germany. (I live in Canada.) I repaired the fork and on the first test ride noticed that the 5-speed Sturmey-Archer RSX-RK5 gears were slipping. Once again I got no response from Suzhou so I contacted Sunrace USA. Their technical person said that it sounded like the gears were broken.
I managed to make contact with Lily Qui, the sales director and founder of Suzhou. That was back in August 2020. All they say is that they will speak to their “engineer” and that’s all you hear from them. When I suggested that they honour their warranty and send me a replacement wheel and hub and I would return the damaged one, they stopped all communication.
By the way, the bike does not come with mudguards. I ordered and paid for them, then they told me that they can’t fit them to the bike – to date I have not received a refund. That’s who you are dealing with. Also don’t think that you are protected by Alibaba, you are not. Alibaba is there to protect the seller. Trust me I learnt that the hard way!
My take is that Suzhou Ansbern Sports Co., Ltd. are “drop shippers”, who probably operate from their apartment, and not a bicycle manufacturer as they make out to be.
I thought that I was being smart by “going direct” but honestly, it’s been heartache since day 1. My suggestion is – do yourself a favour, pay the premium, and buy locally from a reputable dealer and stay away from Alibaba – you don’t know who you are dealing with and like me you could be taken for a ride (excuse the pun) by charlatans like the Suzhou Ansbern Sports Co., Ltd.

So sorry to hear that Rykmann and well done for posting your experience and giving a warning to others. I got very suspicious of this company back in May and thank goodness my instincts said "run away". It is such a pity that honest reviews are not more accessible so others can be warned. All reviews I have seen suggest that the Sturmey-Archer 5 speed can not handle the torque output of the G510 and no warranty would exist for this configuration. Not all Chinese direct sellers are this bad. I highly recommend Dengfu who produce quality carbon frames and can assemble bikes with the components you specify. They also follow up on issues and are very responsive. They supply frames to Luna (X1) and other brands in the US and Canada (Watt Wagons).

ouch That's bad

I'm glad I only risked ~$1,600 on my first 'internet' eBike:
and lucky I liked it

So sorry to hear that Rykmann and well done for posting your experience and giving a warning to others. I got very suspicious of this company back in May and thank goodness my instincts said "run away". It is such a pity that honest reviews are not more accessible so others can be warned. All reviews I have seen suggest that the Sturmey-Archer 5 speed can not handle the torque output of the G510 and no warranty would exist for this configuration. Not all Chinese direct sellers are this bad. I highly recommend Dengfu who produce quality carbon frames and can assemble bikes with the components you specify. They also follow up on issues and are very responsive. They supply frames to Luna (X1) and other brands in the US and Canada (Watt Wagons).
Today I received this response from Sunrace USA regarding the Sturmey-Archer RSX-RK5.

"The hub is not designed to be used in conjunction with mid drive motors. Unfortunately many Chinese e-bike manufacturers just purchase items without asking or testing prior to spec’ing the product. It was designed with the idea of using front or rear hub motors."

Today I received this response from Sunrace USA regarding the Sturmey-Archer RSX-RK5.

"The hub is not designed to be used in conjunction with mid drive motors. Unfortunately many Chinese e-bike manufacturers just purchase items without asking or testing prior to spec’ing the product. It was designed with the idea of using front or rear hub motors."
Rather than repair my Sturmey-Archer RSX-RK5 I asked Sunrace which model would be the most durable for a 1000w mid-drive bike. This is their response.

"We do not make a hub I would recommend for use with a high power mid drive motor and I am not aware of one made by our competition either. Even traditional derailleur based drivetrains do not live long on these new powerful e-bikes. The chains and cassettes tend to wear or break much faster than a traditional pedal operated bicycle."

I have a Bafang bbshd 1000w mid drive on my touring bike. It has a basic low cost Shimano 8 speed setup which works just fine. I get around 4,000km out of a chain and cassette and these are cheap to replace. Seems many powerful ebikes are being fitted with expensive 12 speed components that are light weight and expensive to replace. You might want to look getting a new rear wheel with 8 speed cassette, heavy duty KMC chain and Shimano Acera derailleur. Keeping it simple seems to be the best lesson here. Hope it works out for you.

Rather than repair my Sturmey-Archer RSX-RK5 I asked Sunrace which model would be the most durable for a 1000w mid-drive bike. This is their response.

"We do not make a hub I would recommend for use with a high power mid drive motor and I am not aware of one made by our competition either. Even traditional derailleur based drivetrains do not live long on these new powerful e-bikes. The chains and cassettes tend to wear or break much faster than a traditional pedal operated bicycle."
This is the sound coming from the hub when I am in third gear. The same happens in 1,2,4,5 but not as often.

Back