Suzhou Ansbern Sports Co., Ltd.

I purchased an ASB-EB-31 from the Suzhou Ansbern Sports Co., Ltd.
Bafang G510 Ultra Max Mid Motor 1000W
48V 17ah Samsun Cell
Gates CDX Belt
Sturmey-Archer 5 speed
BUT - BE WARNED: STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!
Here’s why.
Airfreight delivery was supposed to be 3 weeks – the bike took 12 weeks to arrive.
On arrival, the first thing I noticed was that the RST Renegade front fork was damaged. I contacted Tony Wong from Suzhou who kept saying that they will speak to their “engineer”. Nothing happened. I eventually sourced spare parts from RST Germany. (I live in Canada.) I repaired the fork and on the first test ride noticed that the 5-speed Sturmey-Archer RSX-RK5 gears were slipping. Once again I got no response from Suzhou so I contacted Sunrace USA. Their technical person said that it sounded like the gears were broken.
I managed to make contact with Lily Qui, the sales director and founder of Suzhou. That was back in August 2020. All they say is that they will speak to their “engineer” and that’s all you hear from them. When I suggested that they honour their warranty and send me a replacement wheel and hub and I would return the damaged one, they stopped all communication.
By the way, the bike does not come with mudguards. I ordered and paid for them, then they told me that they can’t fit them to the bike – to date I have not received a refund. That’s who you are dealing with. Also don’t think that you are protected by Alibaba, you are not. Alibaba is there to protect the seller. Trust me I learnt that the hard way!
My take is that Suzhou Ansbern Sports Co., Ltd. are “drop shippers”, who probably operate from their apartment, and not a bicycle manufacturer as they make out to be.
I thought that I was being smart by “going direct” but honestly, it’s been heartache since day 1. My suggestion is – do yourself a favour, pay the premium, and buy locally from a reputable dealer and stay away from Alibaba – you don’t know who you are dealing with and like me you could be taken for a ride (excuse the pun) by charlatans like the Suzhou Ansbern Sports Co., Ltd.
After scouring alibaba.com I heavily fixated on this bike mostly for the frame design and Bafang Ultra motor. I've been trying to find info on this company and then I stumbled upon your posts. Really sorry to hear about your experience with this company, sounds beyond infuriating. Were you able to make the bike rideable I hope? Thanks for sharing your experience, you certainly have influenced my decision. Still a damn fine looking bike... wonder if they would sell just the frame.

I purchased an ASB-EB-31 from the Suzhou Ansbern Sports Co., Ltd.
Bafang G510 Ultra Max Mid Motor 1000W
48V 17ah Samsun Cell
Gates CDX Belt
Sturmey-Archer 5 speed
BUT - BE WARNED: STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!
Here’s why.
Airfreight delivery was supposed to be 3 weeks – the bike took 12 weeks to arrive.
On arrival, the first thing I noticed was that the RST Renegade front fork was damaged. I contacted Tony Wong from Suzhou who kept saying that they will speak to their “engineer”. Nothing happened. I eventually sourced spare parts from RST Germany. (I live in Canada.) I repaired the fork and on the first test ride noticed that the 5-speed Sturmey-Archer RSX-RK5 gears were slipping. Once again I got no response from Suzhou so I contacted Sunrace USA. Their technical person said that it sounded like the gears were broken.
I managed to make contact with Lily Qui, the sales director and founder of Suzhou. That was back in August 2020. All they say is that they will speak to their “engineer” and that’s all you hear from them. When I suggested that they honour their warranty and send me a replacement wheel and hub and I would return the damaged one, they stopped all communication.
By the way, the bike does not come with mudguards. I ordered and paid for them, then they told me that they can’t fit them to the bike – to date I have not received a refund. That’s who you are dealing with. Also don’t think that you are protected by Alibaba, you are not. Alibaba is there to protect the seller. Trust me I learnt that the hard way!
My take is that Suzhou Ansbern Sports Co., Ltd. are “drop shippers”, who probably operate from their apartment, and not a bicycle manufacturer as they make out to be.
I thought that I was being smart by “going direct” but honestly, it’s been heartache since day 1. My suggestion is – do yourself a favour, pay the premium, and buy locally from a reputable dealer and stay away from Alibaba – you don’t know who you are dealing with and like me you could be taken for a ride (excuse the pun) by charlatans like the Suzhou Ansbern Sports Co., Ltd.

I have to ask you my friend, is there any way that they messed up so bad based on one particular hicup pertaining to that problem. I'm only asking because is there any chance they produce a great product but just had problems with that one situation and then possibly problems with Administration dealing with the bad situation ?
Another words I was going to drop $ 2800 + shipping within the next two weeks until I seen a few posts today then making me think otherwise. And obviously they are crappy on customer service. You got another thought, I would appreciate it ,thank you in advance
Why?
Could anyone find more a dozen data points about this vapor eBike ' entity '?

After scouring alibaba.com I heavily fixated on this bike mostly for the frame design and Bafang Ultra motor. I've been trying to find info on this company and then I stumbled upon your posts. Really sorry to hear about your experience with this company, sounds beyond infuriating. Were you able to make the bike rideable I hope? Thanks for sharing your experience, you certainly have influenced my decision. Still a damn fine looking bike... wonder if they would sell just the frame.
Has anyone had any luck getting more information regarding ansbern ebikes. ?
I have been in contact with the company themselves but after reading this I am now very skeptical myself

After reading a lot of not so hot reviews of Ansbern I personally am looking to a new supplier. I have also ditched the IGH build for traditional cassette. I've read nothing but troubling reviews when pairing the Bafang Ultra with cheaper IGH setups and I don't have the budget to shell out for a Rohloff. I've been in talks with Eshion and they have been very responsive yet so far but I know I'm still rolling the dice. Currently working to build out a fat bike using this bike as a starting point: Model # H-TDA14L-M750. I'm downgrading to a solid front fork, upgrading to quad piston brakes and a handful of other tweaks.

Why?
Could anyone find more a dozen data points about this vapor eBike ' entity '?

They went ‘cold’ on me so I continued to hound them by calling their WhatsApp number (50x a week) at all hours of the day. I eventually started receiving promises about a replacement, but nothing happened. Come to the end of January I resigned myself to the fact that I had been suckered. Either I could toss the bike and write off my $3000 investment or install a Rohloff. I decided on the Rohloff. I had to purchase a new rim, spokes, smaller disk (160mm), new Gates belt and Rohloff sprocket, and of course an XXL Rohloff hub to fit the 220mm drop out. Spoke Wrench Cycles in Toronto built the rear wheel for me. Alan Wu who owns the business walked me through putting it all together. Fantastic customer service. The cost was $2250. I also added a Thudbuster saddle post 😉. So, now I have this gorgeous bike that rides like silk. There is no comparison between Rohloff and Sturmey Archer.

This is not the end of the story. I was still making my daily calls to Suzhou – just because I felt that I had been duped. A few weeks after completing the build, I got a message from Tony at Suzhou Ansbern, to ask me to stop hounding them and that they were sending me a replacement Sturmey Archer hub and spokes. The package arrived about three weeks ago – 8 months after reporting the issue. I now have a SA hub and spokes I have no use for.

Attachments

• Bike-PinUp2.jpg
    Bike-PinUp2.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 235
  • Bike-PinUp.jpg
    Bike-PinUp.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 233
  • Bike-PinUp4.jpg
    Bike-PinUp4.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 232
  • Bike-PinUp3.jpg
    Bike-PinUp3.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 228
I'm curious as to how the rest of the bike is ,would you consider it of decent quality ,the frame ,Etc ?.
Thank you

They went ‘cold’ on me so I continued to hound them by calling their WhatsApp number (50x a week) at all hours of the day. I eventually started receiving promises about a replacement, but nothing happened. Come to the end of January I resigned myself to the fact that I had been suckered. Either I could toss the bike and write off my $3000 investment or install a Rohloff. I decided on the Rohloff. I had to purchase a new rim, spokes, smaller disk (160mm), new Gates belt and Rohloff sprocket, and of course an XXL Rohloff hub to fit the 220mm drop out. Spoke Wrench Cycles in Toronto built the rear wheel for me. Alan Wu who owns the business walked me through putting it all together. Fantastic customer service. The cost was $2250. I also added a Thudbuster saddle post 😉. So, now I have this gorgeous bike that rides like silk. There is no comparison between Rohloff and Sturmey Archer.

This is not the end of the story. I was still making my daily calls to Suzhou – just because I felt that I had been duped. A few weeks after completing the build, I got a message from Tony at Suzhou Ansbern, to ask me to stop hounding them and that they were sending me a replacement Sturmey Archer hub and spokes. The package arrived about three weeks ago – 8 months after reporting the issue. I now have a SA hub and spokes I have no use for.
Damn fine looking bike! Good on you for keeping after them. I think your solution is absolutely the right choice and now you have a killer bike! Nice work.

I'm curious as to how the rest of the bike is ,would you consider it of decent quality ,the frame ,Etc ?.
Thank you
The quality is good, the frame is solid, powder coating looks like it will last - but I guess only time will tell. When I turned the bike upside down to remove the motor, so that I could remove the throttle cutoff cable, one of the cables was not housed properly - poor workmanship and total lack of quality control. If you ever decide to purchase an XXL Rohloff you will need an extra long skewer (the XXL size does not support a through axel.) I eventually found one which is lockable (not quick release) made by Pitlock.

Attachments

• Bike-Motor.png
    Bike-Motor.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 183
I ordered my Ansbern Boost may 21, it arrived September 8th, I guess I got lucky, the buying process was easy, quality of the bike is excellent.

Attachments

• 20211009_160535.jpg
    20211009_160535.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 160
So after a lot of back and forth with companies through Alibaba, a friend and I decided to risk it and ordered 2 fat bikes through Echion (Zhejiang Eshion Electric Technology Co.). We took about 2 months configuring the bikes and shipping took another 6 months, but I have to say the end result is a pretty great bike. They have their quirks and are by no means perfect, but I've put this thing through hell for the past few months and so far it's taken all the abuse I can dish out. I've got about 400 miles on it now, almost entirely trail miles and it's an absolute blast.

Attachments

• PXL_20220106_192227701.jpg
    PXL_20220106_192227701.jpg
    783.3 KB · Views: 158
Back