Suspension Seat Post

The best recommendation for a suspension seat-post is "I pay no attention to what happens to my lower back" :) That's the case of Redshift.
I use the Kinekt 2.1 on my other e-bike because of the proper tube size (30.9 mm) and I do not complain, although sometimes I think of my lower back there :)
Got it today and installed instead of my NCX. Obviously need to ride my usual route with it to see the difference, but from my first impressions it is definitely softer and less bumpy than NCX (even I installed both springs to set it to sporty mode). So far I like it, will see how it goes...
P.S. It looks much better than NCX and a lot smaller!

I got this one recently. I'm still trying different adjustments but so far I like it.

Got it today and installed instead of my NCX. Obviously need to ride my usual route with it to see the difference, but from my first impressions it is definitely softer and less bumpy than NCX (even I installed both springs to set it to sporty mode). So far I like it, will see how it goes...
P.S. It looks much better than NCX and a lot smaller!
I'm sure the Redshift is nice/better... but before you shelf the NCX understand that I believe the spring it comes with has a much higher rating then stated. By specs the medium spring should be perfect for my weight but I found the Soft much more to my liking and is no where near bottoming_out even though I'm 15lbs over its rating.

Aftermarket spring kit for NCX Seat Post

Soft Blue spring is rated for 140lbs- or less

Hard Red spring is rated for 180lbs+ or more

*medium springs are factory installed on all post sold by SR Suntour North America

I use a Cane Creek eeSILK+ Carbon post and Maxxis Receptor 40mm tires at 45 psi along with a Titanium railed Fizik saddle on my Cross Core. The combination provides a very nice ride.

We ride a combination of surfaces ranging from smooth pavement to fairly rough gravel and dirt roads.

I never notice any bobbing from the seat post, but I do know that it greatly reduces the shock from bigger hits. It has 35 mm of travel.

I wasn’t looking for a plush ride. I wanted to limit shock to my already damaged spine without reducing pedaling efficiency and without adding a lot of weight. Between the supple tires, resilient seat rails and Carbon suspension post, I get to have an efficient and non-jarring ride without any real weight penalty. I have no complaints. I didn’t want a seat post that felt like a pogo stick.

I also go out of saddle on the really rough stuff.
AEF2F938-6716-4E53-A65A-821E7C360C3F.jpeg

For anyone interested:
There is a little design glitch of the RedShift (which has nothing to do with the seat-post performance as it is just cosmetic). There is so-called "fender" that protects the internals of the seat-post against possible soiling. That fender is held in place by a thin piece of rubber band, and magnetically. That piece is known to fall off when the rubber band is broken. I recommend to immediately secure the fender in place with a piece of a Velcro tape just after the saddle setup. (The part is not necessary at all, it is just good looking).
I just left the damn fender off when I installed my Redshift. CN

I replaced my fancy factory seat with the seat from my old cheap bike and am quite happy. I didn’t realize that the cheap seat has a spring in the rear that is quite helpful.

For folks who‘ve installed the redshift shockstop seatpost I have the medeo t10+ and the seatpost measures at 27.02 not 27.2. Will the 27.2 fit? Seems like I might need to remove a sleeve or install a new clamp perhaps? Also how did you determine seatpost height Needed? I have the med frame mid bar model. Thanks in advance for any help!

For folks who‘ve installed the redshift shockstop seatpost I have the medeo t10+ and the seatpost measures at 27.02 not 27.2. Will the 27.2 fit? Seems like I might need to remove a sleeve or install a new clamp perhaps? Also how did you determine seatpost height Needed? I have the med frame mid bar model. Thanks in advance for any help!
27.2mm will fit - I think Gazelle has pretty unusual seat post diameter of 29.8mm, but they include 27.2mm shim. At least this is how they Ultimate series do.

The Kinekt is the most popular that I've found for smoothing out the ride, it's a bit more expensive but they're a great company with awesome support.
I've found this myself. The Kinekt is springier which is no surprise since it is spring-powered. Both are very high quality. I do want to mention that I was originally buying Thud STs and eventually decided to try out the LT on a new bike ... and immediately regretted ever buying STs once I got the feel of the LT under me. That was back @ the gen1 LT which looked a little goofy. The gen2 is basically a giant ST with a few minor improvements and it too is top-drawer. I have also had great results with the Satori Animaris, but I bought mine pre-pandemic when they were $49.99. At $120 today I don't think they make sense vs. a Thud.

I added the Kinekt and love it. It’s hard to imagine a better accessory, especially at high speed. It can be ordered in different spring rates and then its adjustable to boot, so it’s pretty easy to dial in a perfect fit.

I put a Kinekt 2.1 on my T9 Medeo HMB last year, and it's the best bicycle upgrade I've ever installed. At 6' 3" and around 230lb, the hard spring was perfect for me with just a little preload on the adjuster. It balances nicely with the spring and damping rate on the Medeo's fork, and at reasonable cadences, there's no perceptible bounce or bobbing. Some 1,200-odd km later, there's no looseness or rattles. I bought the stretch sleeve for it, and it's an excellent option- without a cover, the Kinekt is an expensive-looking theft magnet. Not only does the cover make the post disappear visually, it keeps gunk out of the mechanism.

I bought the stretch sleeve for it, and it's an excellent option- without a cover, the Kinekt is an expensive-looking theft magnet. Not only does the cover make the post disappear visually, it keeps gunk out of the mechanism.
It's for this reason I take the Kinekt off the bike along with the battery whenever it's on the bike rack for transport. The protective cover is indeed a good idea especially if you ride dusty trails.

Back