SURFACE 604 -SLOW SUPPORT, BUT ISSUE EVENTUALLY RESOLVED SATISFACTORILY

Good to read that they are helping you out and that their support has stepped up! Hope you can get it all addressed and be back on track.

Wow, didn't expect my OP to spark this debate!

I have to say that since posting on this site, Surface 604's support has been amazing!
They've sent me a new controller that, although I'm struggling to install correctly (I believe the issue is due to my lack of mechanical 'sympathy', and no fault of theirs) and after a five mile initial test ride with the battery 'taped' onto the frame, it appears to have at least remedied the complete shut off issue I was experiencing since the bikes return. I think I see light at the end of the tunnel.

More news to come as it develops, stay tuned!
There ya go. Again, using a headline to tell people to avoid a company just because of one's expectations, and lack of resolution fast enough, is still very misleading and a way over the top reaction. If there were hundreds of similar situations, and they all went unresolved, then MAYBE it's worth saying to completely AVOID a brand. Otherwise, feel free to knock every brand out of the industry everytime you don't have one small thing satisfied, at your pace, and then you won't be left with any ebike firms. That may sound like an exaggeration, but the headline wording was uncalled for.

There ya go. Again, using a headline to tell people to avoid a company just because of one's expectations, and lack of resolution fast enough, is still very misleading and a way over the top reaction. If there were hundreds of similar situations, and they all went unresolved, then MAYBE it's worth saying to completely AVOID a brand. Otherwise, feel free to knock every brand out of the industry everytime you don't have one small thing satisfied, at your pace, and then you won't be left with any ebike firms. That may sound like an exaggeration, but the headline wording was uncalled for.

Perhaps your Mike’s E-Bikes shop considers completely ignoring a customers complaints and concerns normal, I do not. Multiple emails and calls went unanswered, and it was not until I posted this, with that title, that I heard anything back from them.

A gentleman happy to have gotten help would edit. I’ve seen similar events and the response was coincidental.

A gentleman happy to have gotten help would edit. I’ve seen similar events and the response was coincidental.
Wow, didn't expect my OP to spark this debate!

I have to say that since posting on this site, Surface 604's support has been amazing!
They've sent me a new controller that, although I'm struggling to install correctly (I believe the issue is due to my lack of mechanical 'sympathy', and no fault of theirs) and after a five mile initial test ride with the battery 'taped' onto the frame, it appears to have at least remedied the complete shut off issue I was experiencing since the bikes return. I think I see light at the end of the tunnel.

More news to come as it develops, stay tuned!

I am delighted to say that I am back on the road! Surface 604 Bikes provided a new controller, and even proceed me with a video telling me how to install it.
Once done, everything appears good. I have edited the title of my original post to reflect my satisfaction with these guys.

Purchased a Colt a couple of years back, and was quite quickly disappointed by decreasing range within first ten months, My concerns were exacerbated by their poor response, and then total blanking of questions when I pursued their (obviously bogus) 50 mile range claim.
Then this May (bike is now a little over two years old), my Surface 604 Colt power started dropping out on my 22 mile commute. Battery would suddenly show zero and no power, but after a couple of minutes, it would kick back in for a few, 10 ~ 20, seconds.
Contacted John Dem at Surface 604 who advised me it was a battery issue, so I reluctantly sprung $350+ for a new battery - no difference.
John said to send it back, so I paid $75 to ship it to "Toys 4 Boys Motorsports" in Calgary, Canada. After chasing them and getting them to look for it (John responded to my multiple emails with "Ok, we have it here somewhere"!!!) they claimed to have fixed and thoroughly tested it for only a $180 display unit, which I reluctantly paid.
Upon receiving my bike back, it failed with complete battery failure 3.5 miles into very first commute ride (see attached). Since then, Surface 604 have ignored my multiple emails and calls and refuse to communicate with me in any manner. I am now left with no option other than to pursue them in the small claims court.
AVOID THESE CROOKS
My story is similar to yours ,my bike had the same symptoms you're describing after 900kms I had to wait about 2 months before I paid $250.00 for a "new" battery that barely gives me a 20 kms range. Like you communicating with Surface 604 has been difficult and frustrating . Love the bike, can't stand the company.

I suspect they sent you a bad battery (old stock).
I often wonder how good those closeout deals are on last years(2 maybe 3) bikes. Locally a fellow I’d still selling 5 year old, NOS, with fully charged batteries. He bought a dozen bikes thinking a total nOOb could become an eBike shop out of his garage. 100F in summer and -30F lows in the winter.

Back